Guest deathmeister

Charlie Drake.

It's funny how one gets from there to here. I am a member of another forum that is dedicated to a folk/rock band from the seventes and out of sheer boredom i started a thread on 'Great Triangle Players' (one of those classic tales of don't go on a board at two thirty in the morning pissed up on Jack Daniels and try and be funny), and after we had gotten to four pages someone berated me for not mentioning Charlie Drake and his virtuoso performance during Tchaikoski's 1812 overture. So being the idiot i am with no life i decided to google the man and i ended up here in a bleeding Death List Forum !!!!.Sorry about the ramblings here but i'm still extremely hung over and i have registered so expect lots more of this rubbish from now on.

Which folk/rock band, out of interest?

I'm going to regret this...............Fairport Convention.

Hey another Fairport fan. Nice to meet you

It's funny how one gets from there to here. I am a member of another forum that is dedicated to a folk/rock band from the seventes and out of sheer boredom i started a thread on 'Great Triangle Players' (one of those classic tales of don't go on a board at two thirty in the morning pissed up on Jack Daniels and try and be funny), and after we had gotten to four pages someone berated me for not mentioning Charlie Drake and his virtuoso performance during Tchaikoski's 1812 overture. So being the idiot i am with no life i decided to google the man and i ended up here in a bleeding Death List Forum !!!!.Sorry about the ramblings here but i'm still extremely hung over and i have registered so expect lots more of this rubbish from now on.

Which folk/rock band, out of interest?

I'm going to regret this...............Fairport Convention.

Hey another Fairport fan. Nice to meet you

Thanks for the warm reception i have a feeling it can only go downhill from here.

Guest Caroline

Yes it was Bleak House where Judy 'shook him up' Caroline

Guest Caroline
Charlie Drake casual worker from Weybridge Surrey (not Weighbridge as some think) lived for many years around the corner from me in Ham Court which is by the Thames. I wondered what happened to him but now gather that he is still with us and living in Crystal Palace, South East London. I last saw him during the filming of Mr Ten Percent (which was never released as far as I recall) on location at the Golders Green Hippodrome. Most of us sat in the managers office watching England beat Germany in the World Cup. Seems like yesterday!!

I also lived near Charlie, Heather and the boys on Ham Court were we neighbours? 1957 - 1971 ish. Caroline

The bastion of accuracy that is Popbitch is saying that Charlie Drake is "about to pop his little clogs". Seeing as we they kill off Maureen Lipman every other week and sent Denis Norden to the great clipboard in the sky a few months back (not to mention the welcome news that Coldplay were splitting up... in 2001) I'd take any posts with a pinch of salt, unless they come from me of course.

As you were.

He's dead - BBC news ticker is reporting his death. Link soon.

:P

AAAWWW....I wanted to be first to post this.... :)

He's dead - BBC news ticker is reporting his death. Link soon.

:P

AAAWWW....I wanted to be first to post this.... :)

Good night Charlie. You were never one of my favourites although "The Worker" wasn't bad.

:P Charlie.

Christmas at Brinsworth House will be a sombre affair - or based on some of the stories of Charile's curmudgeonly nature, maybe the opposite will be true?

Get ready for the numerous cries of "why wasn't he on this year's list?!"

WHY WASN'T HE ON THIS YEAR'S LIST? :P

Coffin or a shoebox?

I'll get me coat!

*Well he's finaly quacked it, I hope his family dont have to pay the bill, they'll be in one helluva flap unless he left a nice little nest egg.

*Just realised I got my very first hit on the DDP. thanks Charlie

Link; what with it being Chrimbo and a Sunday some of the usual sources are a bit tardy.

Bit sad about that, there's always a big name that goes over the xmas hols. But why did it have to be Charlie? :P

Guest Guest

Charlie Drake casual worker from Weybridge Surrey (not Weighbridge as some think) lived for many years around the corner from me in Ham Court which is by the Thames. I wondered what happened to him but now gather that he is still with us and living in Crystal Palace, South East London. I last saw him during the filming of Mr Ten Percent (which was never released as far as I recall) on location at the Golders Green Hippodrome. Most of us sat in the managers office watching England beat Germany in the World Cup. Seems like yesterday!!

I also lived near Charlie, Heather and the boys on Ham Court were we neighbours? 1957 - 1971 ish. Caroline

Just heard Charlie died today

So Charlie has finally caught up with his career, nice that they're back together again.

Just saw it on Channel 4 News.