The Yeti

Things to do while waiting for Death ... 2005

I've never heard of that, my dad used to line up columns of pennies (these were the days when you could buy a packet of crisps for 5p) and give a column to each kid along with nuts, fruit and sweets, no charity was ever mentioned, everything went to the kid but he did make them sing a song or tell a joke to earn what they got and he had a treacle scone *they had to take a bite from it while we all laughed, so they earned their treats, myself and my brothers never trick or treated we had more fun watching all the other kids trying to get the treacle scone!

*It's a large scone, baked in the oven then covered in treacle, it is strung to a ceiling, door lintel etc by a string and you have to try and bite a bit out of it while it swings back and forth, needless to say you end up with a face covered in treacle, great fun and our doorbell went non stop on halloween, my mum had to make more scones every year!

It used to be one of the big UNICEF fundraising campaigns every year, and almost every kid would have one. Don't know if they still do it or not.

We used to play the treacle scone game at our birthday parties, but not with scones, with doughnuts. That was always one of my favourites. ;)

I hope they do in eternum+, it sounds like a great idea.

Your treacle scone sounds better than ours, doughnuts.........mmmmnn

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your treacle scones. Treacle... mmmmmmm...

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your treacle scones. Treacle... mmmmmmm...

;):P:lol:

We should have swapped childhoods!! How would you like a Scottish childhood?

A much appreciated offer. And although the idea of highland dancing, brawny men performing the caber toss, deep-fried Mars bars and that fabulous accent all appeal to me (and the treacle, of course!), it would still be FAR too cold.

I wouldn't mind swapping childhoods with someone from a nice, balmy climate.

A much appreciated offer. And although the idea of highland dancing, brawny men performing the caber toss, deep-fried Mars bars and that fabulous accent all appeal to me (and the treacle, of course!), it would still be FAR too cold.

I wouldn't mind swapping childhoods with someone from a nice, balmy climate.

I can assure you none of these things were involved in my childhood!! (apart from perhaps the country dancing, but we were made to do it at school (honestly!) You have missed out on the long hot summers of the 70's and of course the Scotland World Cup team going to Argentina in 1978, when we thought 'we will really shake them up when we win the World Cup'! oops, as a child that was a real let down. ;)

The weathers not that bad, if you are waterproof, but glad you like the accent, don't think we have many members on the DL with the climate you are looking for, the people with that kind of weather are not spending their time indoors on computers!

I can assure you none of these things were involved in my childhood!! (apart from perhaps the country dancing, but we were made to do it at school (honestly!) You have missed out on the long hot summers of the 70's and of course the Scotland World Cup team going to Argentina in 1978, when we thought 'we will really shake them up when we win the World Cup'! oops, as a child that was a real let down. ;)

The weathers not that bad, if you are waterproof, but glad you like the accent, don't think we have many members on the DL with the climate you are looking for, the people with that kind of weather are not spending their time indoors on computers!

Our childhoods are sounding similarer and similarer. Except for us at school it wasn't Scottish country dancing, it was line dancing.

Yes, where I come from, people wear cowboy hats as part of their everyday attire...

Oh. And Canada's never ever ever ever come anywhere near the World Cup. Though I have seen the National team play a few times. Play, not win.

Our childhoods are sounding similarer and similarer.

Now that really is a heinous crime against the English language.

Thank you! I do nothing by halves.

Don't be pedantic TF, we all knew what in eternum meant+*

(can't believe I am saying this after what I posted about BS's 'problum', still the thread is gone so there is no proof ;) )

Don't be pedantic TF, we all knew what in etrenum meant+*

(can't believe I am saying this after what I posted about BS's 'problum', still the thread is gone so there is no proof ;) )

And can I just say, if we're being pedantic, that it was a allusion to Alice in Wonderland. Which, last time I checked, was considered a pretty good book.

Don't be pedantic TF, we all knew what in eternum meant+*

I do repent of my pedantry.

Truly, I am a fraud.

My grasp of the complexities of the English language, is akin to a chimpanzee's understanding of quantum physics.

Well, I didn't want to say...

:P

I'm nowhere near any posting milestone. Nor can I even catch a glimmer of anything even remotely resembling twuntdom.

So I'd just like to take this opportunity to highlight the fact that, for what I believe is the very first time ever, I have entered the Top 10 Poster of the Day leaderboard. Any not only entered, I'm currently fourth!!! above TF, BS, and Windsor! Tiny firework for me ;)!

I'm nowhere near any posting milestone. Nor can I even catch a glimmer of anything even remotely resembling twuntdom.

So I'd just like to take this opportunity to highlight the fact that, for what I believe is the very first time ever, I have entered the Top 10 Poster of the Day leaderboard. Any not only entered, I'm currently fourth!!! above TF, BS, and Windsor! Tiny firework for me :eshock:!

Aaaahhhh, this brings a tear to my eye.

Well done for being in the Top 10 posters of the day

You have missed out on the long hot summers of the 70's and of course the Scotland World Cup team going to Argentina in 1978, when we thought 'we will really shake them up when we win the World Cup'! oops, as a child that was a real let down.  :eshock:

The Dutch were there to win that same World Cup and what's worse: they almost did. :(

Oh well, we get another shot at in next year in Germany. Hopes are high.

regards,

Hein

You have missed out on the long hot summers of the 70's and of course the Scotland World Cup team going to Argentina in 1978, when we thought 'we will really shake them up when we win the World Cup'! oops, as a child that was a real let down. :(

We are the lads fae Ally's aarmy,

we're goin' to the Argen-teen.

An' we'll really shake 'em up,

when we win the Wurreld Cup.

For Scotland is the greatest fitba team.

Those heady, carefree times before Thatcher came to power. We can never relive them.

:eshock:

You have missed out on the long hot summers of the 70's and of course the Scotland World Cup team going to Argentina in 1978, when we thought 'we will really shake them up when we win the World Cup'! oops, as a child that was a real let down.  :(

We are the lads fae Ally's aarmy,

we're goin' to the Argen-teen.

An' we'll really shake 'em up,

when we win the Wurreld Cup.

For Scotland is the greatest fitba team.

Those heady, carefree times before Thatcher came to power. We can never relive them.

:eshock:

Spelling mistake there. Its 'FITBAW'.

Aaaahhhh, this brings a tear to my eye.

Well done for being in the Top 10 posters of the day

Aw shucks... thanks!

And although I can't find your original post thus, I believe today is the first day of your new life as a post-twunter.

Happy Twunting!

:eshock::eshock::eshock::(:eshock:;):eshock::):flame::eshock::electr2::eshock::electr2::eshock::electr2::eshock::electr2:

Reminds me of something Prince Charles said yesterday:

.....eating what you produced was an "important part of one's connection with the soil" and tasted "infinitely better".

A few rounds of Scrabble usually take care of boredom while waiting for death.

It's a spooky feeling to be the only member on the site. I have that feeling like when you share a house with a whole bunch of people and they're all out for the evening except you, and you don't know when they'll be back. (There are a few guests, but less than 10, so it really is vast quagmire of emptiness. I'm curious, though, about the guest who appears to be printing off shedloads of threads, and also emailing them somewhere. Could this be a member in disguise?...)

I'm very bored. I am procrastinating doing my work. So I was wandering round the empty halls of the site and chanced upon the Calendar. Anyone have any idea what it's for? It appears particularly blank. Can we just add things to it that we want noted? Like our birthdays? That's predominantly what I use my calendar for - to write down people's birthdays so that I don't forget them. Or perhaps, um, events? I give up!

So I was wandering round the empty halls of the site and chanced upon the Calendar. Anyone have any idea what it's for? It appears particularly blank. Can we just add things to it that we want noted? Like our birthdays? That's predominantly what I use my calendar for - to write down people's birthdays so that I don't forget them. Or perhaps, um, events? I give up!

I think only the Mods can put things on the calendar.