weatherman90

Near Misses for 2005

I think Hitler's dead, but that's just guessing....

Bloody hell!!!!!!!!! When?

Another French philosopher dies: Paul Ricoeur. A hint for Claude Levi-Strauss, maybe?

regards,

Hein

I think Hitler's dead, but that's just guessing....

Bloody hell!!!!!!!!! When?

Last week. He had just enjoyed a fifty thousandth showing of The Lawrence Welk Show in which Myron Floren plays 'Take-a-the-A-Train' on the accordion while Guy and Ralna attempted to exit the stage even though though temporarily blinded from the bright light given off of Norma Zimmer's teeth when a spotlight ray hit them and they both had severely damaged hearing from Joe Feeney hitting a higher note than any other ever has.

(All ths happened even as Bobby and Cissy and Arthur Duncan danced around on stage, oblivious to the other happenings.)

Good gosh golly I sure do miss Lawrence Welk and his Chamagne Music show.

Why was Dolphie so fond of Larry and his music? Well, even though Mr. Welk had been born in North Dakota (near Bismarck) he had been raised a strict German which endeared him to old Dolphie.

Here's more: Lawrence Welk In Strasberg

Graham Kennedy, Australia's comedic "king of television" dies in a nursing home, aged 71.

2505_kennedy_a.jpg

Keith Miller

Worked with Rod Stewart, Steve Gibbons, Robert Plant, Viv Stanshall, Culture Club, Ultravox, Paul McCartney, Pete Townsend, Rick Wakeman etc.

Keith Miller

Worked with Rod Stewart, Steve Gibbons, Robert Plant, Viv Stanshall, Culture Club, Ultravox, Paul McCartney, Pete Townsend, Rick Wakeman etc.

Strange, he wasn't a drummer. :o

regards,

Hein

I've got a great idea for a thread. How about one for FAMOUS celebrities that we've all heard of?

Josco sits down to thunderous applause ;)

I've got a great idea for a thread.  How about one for FAMOUS celebrities that we've all heard of?

How about Piero Dorazio ?

I've got a great idea for a thread.  How about one for FAMOUS celebrities that we've all heard of?

How about Piero Dorazio ?

How about NO

First paragraph rather sums it up

The Italian painter Piero Dorazio, who has died at the age of 77, was a member of that heroic postwar generation who believed that abstract art could change the world.

How about NO

Bonus points to Mr Josco for his impression of a teenage girl. ;)

How about NO

Yeah but no but yeah but.........

I have a teenage boy. Who wrote in his exercise book in response to a request to do his homework again 'How about F**K off'.

Mrs Josco exploded. In the resulting fallout I seemed to get a portion of the blame too.

Mrs Josco exploded? You aren't married to Mr Creasote are you?

How about NO

I have a teenage boy. Who wrote in his exercise book in response to a request to do his homework again 'How about F**K off'.

Mrs Josco exploded. In the resulting fallout I seemed to get a portion of the blame too.

Great. You must be so proud of him.

I've got a great idea for a thread. How about one for FAMOUS celebrities that we've all heard of?

How would you know which famous celebrities we've all heard of?

There would be load of USAn "celebs" I've never heard of, but you may have, and vice-versa.

How would you know which famous celebrities we've all heard of?

There would be load of USAn "celebs" I've never heard of, but you may have, and vice-versa.

Good point, well presented. Not sure what the solution is; back to the drawing board.

Great. You must be so proud of him.

Well, he's not a bad lad really, so yes, I am.

A sad day for the world of mathematics.

George B. Dantzig, 90, a mathematician who devised a formula that revolutionized planning, scheduling, network design and other complex functions integral to modern-day business, industry and government, died May 13 at his home in Palo Alto, Calif. The cause of death, according to his daughter, was complications from diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

Dr. Dantzig was known as the father of linear programming and as the inventor of the "simplex method," an algorithm for solving linear programming problems. ;)