Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

Guest Jack C.

He could also be found not guilty or the trial could end in a mistrial. He was tried before in 1967 and it resulted in a hung jury. :blink:;)

What a co-incidence "Mississippi Burning" was on channel 5 last night

How about Mrs. Garrett from the Facts of Life? Might be famous enough depending on how popular the show was in the UK. She turns 80 in 2006 (b.1926)

...Or Jean Stapleton, Edith on All In the Family, turns 83 in 2006, I heard she had a few strokes recently.

Guest IYG

Well I'm watching the movie Soylent Green and I'm thinking, what about Charlton Heston, he's old and annoying, I say he's a possibility. :blink:

Guest IYG
Any health news on him?

Yes, he was last seen being beaten to death by me for making crappy movies like Soylent Green and The Omega Man. :blink:

Well, he is 80 years old, how healthy could he be?

Also Zsa Zsa Gabor, didn't she have a surgery a while ago?

Guest Death List Watcher

[i can't believe Claudia "Lady Bird" Johnson, 92, is not on the 2005 death list, while Betty Ford, 86, is. Betty Ford was a party girl of sorts, and has considerable energy and vitality for someone of her age, though we haven't heard too much from her recently. Lady Bird Johnson, on the other hand, has even outlived one of her successors as First Lady (Pat Nixon). If Lady Bird doesn't pass away this year, you'd be foolish not to list her in 2006. ]

I strongly agree with you, Lady Bird Johnson has been in and out of the hospital all the time in the past 5 years, while there have been no reports as to Betty's health recently, although she did have some problems with drugs and alchohol in the past. For more, see the First lady's thread.

:blink: Weatherman, are you saying Lady Bird Johnson might die this year? Y'know, I don't think you've ever mentioned that before.

(But you better be right - I've gone and put her in my team...)

Lady Bird Who?

Reminds me of the line from 'Good Morning, Vietnam'.

'Why do they call her Lady Bird? Cos' Lady Dog would be too cruel' :ph34r:

No, I refuse to see Paul Newman die, he's a great actor. He's also in pretty good health I think.

He will also be 80 this year

Guest IYG
No, I refuse to see Paul Newman die, he's a great actor. He's also in pretty good health I think.

He will also be 80 this year

There are plenty of healthy 80 year olds out there.

Also Zsa Zsa Gabor, didn't she have a surgery a while ago?

Isn't she still in a coma? Her family must have some dang good longevity genes, Her mother lived to 103, and her sister Magda, to 83. Her other sister, Eva would probably have lived longer if not for the food poisoning.

Peter O'Toole he's not been looking too well and I think he's expecting death himself. He oftens talks about how his burried all his contemporaries and he knows he'll be next.

Patricia Quinn. Her liver can't go on much longer.

Tom Baker. He'll be 76 in 2006 and that's an unlucky number for Doctor Who actors (according to my Whovian boyfriend anyway)

I'm going to miss Peter O'Toole, the last of the great personalities in the style of Errol Flynn. His best ever line, from the movie "My Favorite Year": "I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!" :(

Tom Baker. He'll be 76 in 2006 and that's an unlucky number for Doctor Who actors (according to my Whovian boyfriend anyway)

Interesting - who else has died at 76? And please tell me that Doctor Who fans haven't invented an adjective to describe themselves...!

I'm afraid they have. It's the combination of 6 and 7 that's the bad omen

William Hartnell - Doc number 1 dead at 67

Patrick Troughton - Doc number 2 dead at 67

John Pertwee - Doc number 3 dead at 76

Tom Baker is Doc 4 so.....

A couple of former Deathlistees must be good bets for 2006 if they survive the next 350 days or so:

Jeremy Thorpe - the ex-Liberal leader was last featured in 1996. He suffers from Parkinsons which must be at a fairly advanced stage by now. As far as I know he no longer attends LibDem conferences. Any news of his condition?

Fats Domino - I was amazed to see this old boy was still around, I thought he'd croaked years ago. I must've been thinking of his namesake Mr Waller. Anyway, as we all know, obesity kills!

And how about Sir Freddie Laker? He took on the big airlines 20 years before Branson, if I remember correctly. Must be getting a bit long in the tooth by now.

I also thought fats had carked it a while back, at 77 this year, he can't last much longer.

Also, how about Dick Wilson, Mr. Whipple on the "Don't squeeze the Charmin" commercials. He will be 89 this year.