Does this mean you can throw out that packet of three you bought five years ago?

They're already used...I was aasked along to a sexy party once.

They needed some balloons for decoration. :referee:

:D

BTW Windsor, what's a stud muffin?

I was led to believe it was a popular term for one who shags about due to the fact they are a sex God. Unless that is just a Stud.

Its all this new Youth culture these days, I don't know.

They're already used...I was aasked along to a  sexy party once.

They needed some balloons for decoration.  :referee:

:D

A sexy party? :D

Windsor, you've avoided explaining what a stud muffin is and now you're talking about being invited to a sexy party whatever one of those might entail. Are you hiding your light under a bushel?

Damn the editing button!

Edited by Slave to the Grave

You've never heard of the 'sexy party'?:

sexyparty.jpg

:referee:

If you look at the list of famous gays who died in the early 1980s, isn't it a bit suspicious that they all seemed to die of "cancer".

One example of this is Mr Cottager himself - Wilfrid Brambell, or Old Man Steptoe as he's better known.

All very suspicious.

If you look at the list of famous gays who died in the early 1980s, isn't it a bit suspicious that they all seemed to die of "cancer".

One example of this is Mr Cottager himself - Wilfrid Brambell, or Old Man Steptoe as he's better known.

All very suspicious.

Or maybe they did have cancer but the HIV made it difficult for the body to repel the cancer meaning it spread quicker that normal.

But then again, I'm no biologist.

All very suspicious.

Or maybe they did have cancer but the HIV made it difficult for the body to repel the cancer meaning it spread quicker that normal.

But then again, I'm no biologist.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

They died of cancer, but they had AIDS, not that it was diagnosed as such until the mid (ish) 1980s.

People with cancer can still have bum sex.

What I am saying is that they may have had undiagnosed cancer at first but the HIV weakened the Imune system allowing it to grow and spread faster.

Yes. And the last time I checked (ie 2000) AIDS couldn't be put as cause of death on a death certificate - ie it was the AIDS-related illness (ie cancer) that bumped them off in the end.

The current Government may have changed that, though.

I'm failing to see the arguement here.

At the end of the day, it was still cancer that killed them. :huh:

People with HIV/AIDS are more likely to suffer from cancer than those who haven't got it, along with other stuff like pneumonia, tb, syphillis etc.

All I'm saying is that the unusual number of celebs who died of cancer in the early 1980s must have included a large number of fudge-packers who didn't admit they had AIDS, or didn't know.

People with HIV/AIDS are more likely to suffer from cancer than those who haven't got it, along with other stuff like pneumonia, tb, syphillis etc.

All I'm saying is that the unusual number of celebs who died of cancer in the early 1980s must have included a large number of fudge-packers who didn't admit they had AIDS, or didn't know.

Oh right, interesting theory.

I should have known better than to argue with a doctor.

I'm not a doctor, just a part-time gynacologist - I like to keep my hand in.

Dr Hackenslash

I wouldn't imagine you get many patients with a name like that. :huh:

Hmm, a thread risen from the dead, thought that was my speciality. Good to see this one back and thanks for the thought provoking observations on fudge-packing cancer a couple of decades back.

Speaking of thoughts, the thought of Wilfred Brambell packing anyone's fudge fair turns my guts over.

Hmm, a thread risen from the dead, thought that was my speciality. Good to see this one back and thanks for the thought provoking observations on fudge-packing cancer a couple of decades back.

Speaking of thoughts, the thought of Wilfred Brambell packing anyone's fudge fair turns my guts over.

Wilfrid Brambell's best moment was when the police caught him cottaging.

He said he had a weak bladder, and that's why he'd been to nine different public toilets in 45 minutes.

And he carried a handbag, but that's by the by.

You dirty old man...

Guest Himler
That means there is some poor bugger out there with AIDS and doesn't know it !!!!!

Interesting choice of noun. :huh:

It's not as if it's new. AIDS was first recognised as something real when many sufferers contracted otherwise rare cancers like Kaposi's sarcoma. I can remember the confusion about it, before HIV was discovered.

[TONE = Old fart]I've known quite a few AIDS victims in the early 80s. Most of them got nasty cancers, but often it was infections like pneumonia and tuberculosis that killed them eventually.[/TONE]

regards,

Hein

To take this full circle...

All I was trying to say is that a lot of celebs who died in the early 1980s probably died of AIDS but didn't know it, or didn't want us to know it.

Such as Old Man Steptoe, for example.

And, dare I say it, possibly some of the cast of Dad's Army.

Guest Jill
Didn't Paul Michael Glazier's (Starsky) son and wife fall foul of contaminated blood as well?

Feel free to correct me on this point, I have done no research on this.

DWB :blink:

she wrote a book also which im trying to find but dont know what its called if anyone does please e mail me at jilly666@aol.com thanx

just been reading through this thread, and isn't it interesting the way things have changed over the last 20 years. once upon a time, it was a thing to keep secret, now it's an excuse for more photoshoots in hello,etc. back in the late eighties my mate bill (whose actor dad i mentioned on the deborah kerr thread) met this dental nurse who he was 'seeing' quite a lot of; her boss' clients included freddie mercury and frank zappa, and i remember him telling me in hushed tones about their illnesses (cancer in zappa's case, but the point remains) years before they went public. it was something to keep quiet either through expediency or privacy back then. she pillow-talked it, but didn't flog it to the NOTW, as she would now - that's if she could beat the celeb's publicist to the punch.

Jill

The lowdown on the very exclusive Starsky Dead Pool:

Glaser has been married twice. He married his first wife, Elizabeth (Meyer) Glaser, in 1980. In August 1981, Elizabeth contracted HIV through a blood transfusion while giving birth to the couple's first child, Ariel, but didn't find out about the virus until four years later, at which time both Ariel and son Jake (born October 1984) were also found to be HIV positive. Ariel Glaser died in August 1988; Elizabeth Glaser died in 1994, after founding the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. After Elizabeth's death, Glaser served as chairman of the foundation until 2002 and remains Honorary Chairman, roles in which he has testified before Congress and met with national leaders, as well as headlining annual fundraisers for the organization

I don't recall her writing a book, she has a memorial charity her own Paediatric AIDS foundation. If she did write a book I'll bet it was short. The distance from diagnosis to death with AIDS back then was shorter and more likely to be punctuated with bouts of desperate ill health.

Sorry to ressurect a dead and buried thread but...

Just looked at the link posted in this thread to the wiki list of celebs living (and dying) with AIDS.

Did anyone notice the Dallas connection? Three cast members made the list one of whom starred in Knots Landing too, at which point I should mention that another Knot's Landing actor makes the list. Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups but this caught my attention. :blink:

Guest slippy
I'm not a doctor, just a part-time gynacologist - I like to keep my hand in.

My friend next door was a great gynacollogist, he onc'e decorated his hallway through the letterbox.

There is a strong rumour that Thabo Mbeki is HIV positive but refuses to admit his condition because of the stigma. Can't source it, just passing on what I was told.