Godot

The Living Dead

Has Davis got a big hand or a little head?

That reminds me of the joke about Jeremy Beadle that ends with the punchline "...but on the other hand, it's massive"

I've just spat tea over my keyboard.

Brilliant. :(:(:D

Has Davis got a big hand or a little head?

That reminds me of the joke about Jeremy Beadle that ends with the punchline "...but on the other hand, it's massive"

I've just spat tea over my keyboard.

Brilliant. :(:D:D

I agree :(

Anyway, spent the best part of the day worrying about Monica Rose (of Double Your Money fame), then thinking well she's hardly ripe for the box, then finding she killed herself a few years ago. It's a psychosis this thing - to be one of the living dead is to make you ripe for the box, no matter what your age. I fear for Aled Jones. I really do. Also Paula Wilcox. When Richard O'Sullivan goes she should throw herself on the pyre, no point in continuing.

Anyway, spent the best part of the day worrying about Monica Rose (of Double Your Money fame), then thinking well she's hardly ripe for the box, then finding she killed herself a few years ago. It's a psychosis this thing - to be one of the living dead is to make you ripe for the box, no matter what your age. I fear for Aled Jones. I really do. Also Paula Wilcox. When Richard O'Sullivan goes she should throw herself on the pyre, no point in continuing.

Paula Wilcox is doing OK, she had a decent part in the BBC's "The Smoking Room"

She's also got her own tribute site, which is more than Dickie 'O has got :(

She should commit suttee - like Harry Corbett

Val Doonican. I was going to suggest him for the big list then found this.

http://www.valdoonican.co.uk/concert.htm

Unlike Lady T, not even off his rocker yet, but undoubtedly one of the living dead.

Nicholas Parsons. Also candidate for most boring web site.

Parsons

Nicholas Parsons. Also candidate for most boring web site.

Parsons

A quote from Parson's website,

"JUST A MINUTE goes from strength to strength. After 38 years it not only maintains its high standard and huge popularity"

How can anything on Radio 4 be said to have huge popularity :o

only a tiny percentage of the population ever listen to it.

She's also got her own tribute site, which is more than Dickie 'O has got :o

Stuff and nonsense, TF.

Dick O'S has deathlist.net.

What better fan site could there be?

The Krankies. Their fan site runs Parson's close plus that catchy tune

Fandabidozie

Haven't heard anything about Janette Tough since Jimmie Krankie fell off the Beanstalk. Is she well?

Guest iain

i saw her on a tv show over xmas and she appeared as fit and healthy as ever..cant remember what the shows name was though (or when it might have been recorded)

Guest iain
It's occurred to me that I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here is a shortcut to a whole load of living dead. I had completely forgotten Cannon and Ball. Carol Thatcher's "success" is yet one more turn of the rack on which her mother's tortured reputation is now so thinly stretched. The milk snatcher's family is cursed for ever more. Carry on living Lady T, reap what you sowed

Mrs T didn't watch the programme ... Carol didn't even tell her she was in it. I read somewhere that Mark was always favoured by Maggie & Dennis. A shame because Carol is 100 times more intelligent.

100 times nicer as well by all accounts

i saw her on a tv show over xmas and she appeared as fit and healthy as ever..cant remember what the shows name was though (or when it might have been recorded)

She looks a bit better than her old man

Justplaindozie

Crikey Moses, what an ugly pair.

You'd look like that if you lived on battered Mars bars

Paul McCartney - who died in 1971

I had the sudden urge to start a thread on Simon Dee then thought he might be better off here. He must be 71 now. Has the forgotten presenter of Dee Time been seen anywhere recently? Has he reverted to his original name - Carl Henty-Dodd? For a while in the late 60s or 70s he was a big star on TV then nothing. All those years just waiting for death.

I had the sudden urge to start a thread on Simon Dee then thought he might be better off here. He must be 71 now. Has the forgotten presenter of Dee Time been seen anywhere recently? Has he reverted to his original name - Carl Henty-Dodd? For a while in the late 60s or 70s he was a big star on TV then nothing. All those years just waiting for death.

You may want to get ahold of this, when it is published, obviously! I've never even heard of him - looks like a smarmy-type to me!

(Love your avatar by the way. :) )

Why thankyou Six. I think I'm falling for you :) . Dee was massively smarmy. He was also really big (bigger than Richard O') with a prime time Saturday night show at a time before the Deathlist and other forums when half the nation watched telly. But he seemed to blow it big time, not sure how or why. Never seen or heard of him since.

Book was due out in September and we're still waiting.

It's a toss up which comes first between his autobiography or the return to the stage of the dreaded Krankies.

Having been off work one day last week I was disturbed to find the Chuckle Brothers still had a kid's tv programme. I watched it for 5 mins out of a combination of horror & fascination, then had to switch off. They were never funny, even when I was a kid, but now they're unfunny & disturbing. Actually, they were always disturbing, so no change there. :D

I was also concerned that the sketch they were doing was based in a sweet shop, although I didn't see any Werthers' Originals on sale. Maybe they're just for extra special customers.....

Finally, just because I haven't seen it mentioned so far in this thread, I suppose all of you who know of the Krankies know that they are husband & wife? If you don't know of them, google image 'Krankies' and then feel a little bit ill about what you see.

[edit]

Actually, here's one for you images594sh.jpg

The horror that are The Krankies were discussed here

Finally, just because I haven't seen it mentioned so far in this thread, I suppose all of you who know of the Krankies know that they are husband & wife? If you don't know of them, google image 'Krankies' and then feel a little bit ill about what you see.

[edit]

Actually, here's one for you images594sh.jpg

Sorry ATJ, I was trying to talk about the Chuckle Brothers but couldn't resist the diversion.

Presumably someone will now direct me to a Chuckle Brothers thread, if so, apologies in advance. :D If there is one, I hope there is zero tolerance for people defending them in any way.

Sorry ATJ, I was trying to talk about the Chuckle Brothers but couldn't resist the diversion.

Presumably someone will now direct me to a Chuckle Brothers thread, if so, apologies in advance. :D If there is one, I hope there is zero tolerance for people defending them in any way.

Like this one?

Check out posts 107 and 116 (one of my very own, I might add) No-one defends them, you'll be pleased to hear! :P

Very, very creepy, those two.