Sign in to follow this  
Godot

Died With Their Boots On

I'm rather sure that Captain Oates and HCW are female.

But then again I was under the impression that SttG was male for quite some time.

Winnie? ;)

Winnie? :2guns:

It suits you, although my favourite has to be 'Anubis the Jackie'.

Oh, and the male/female thing, I'd be quite interested to know how you can tell? ;)

Winnie? :2guns:

Oh, and the male/female thing, I'd be quite interested to know how you can tell? ;)

It really doesn't matter to me whether the poster is male or female, so it's pretty easy to throw me off by posting an avatar of the opposite sex. I always assumed HCW was a guy because Shrek is a male... plus there's been a post or two that seems more like something a guy would write.

Overall though, I never really think in terms of sexes. I'm a pretty visual person, so I usually imagine that the person looks like the avatar that I first saw for them... except in TF's case, because I can't that avatar of what's his face that he had up a few weeks ago out of my head. :P

Oh, and the male/female thing, I'd be quite interested to know how you can tell? :P

I'm going by what I'm sure I was told by other members.

Is there not a thread in which we tried to figure out who was male and who was female before?

Oh, and the male/female thing, I'd be quite interested to know how you can tell?  :P

Is there not a thread in which we tried to figure out who was male and who was female before?

Then it must be true.

There are no bullshitters on this forum :rolleyes:

Laddie Grendel had me fooled, I must say :P

Oh, and the male/female thing, I'd be quite interested to know how you can tell?  :P

Then it must be true.

Indeed, but in general conversation via PM I picked up on the use of 'he' and 'she' whilst discussing/slagging other members. ;)

Then it must be true.

Indeed, but in general conversation via PM I picked up on the use of 'he' and 'she' whilst discussing/slagging other members. ;)

Read what the man/woman says. ;)

Winnie? :P

To be pedantic, it would have to be 'Anput'

He was said to have a wife, Anput, who was really just his female aspect, her name being his with an additional feminine suffix (the t), who was depicted exactly the same (though feminine)

Oates was fond of his ponies mind and was probabaly a virgin but I'm sure he had hairs on his chest.

It was just something I heard that's all.

Our Captain Oates is a woman. That much I know.

Oatsy's a woman??????

I don't know about male or female, but I thought Cpt Oates named him/herself after Seth's best friend in the OC. Who woulda thought there was a real Cpt Oates?

Hm... what does this say about me...? ;)

Guest Lee Harriman

Yes I thought William IV died of an asthma attack in Windsor Castle too. I know George II died on the toilet. Otherwise all bed candidates. As you correctly say George V was "put down" by his personal doctor, Lord Dawson of Penn, in order that his death could be announced before the morning papers went to press. (The alternative being the evening papers which were considered shaite). I think (but am not entirely sure) that Lord Dawson later committed suicide himself after the secret got out about twenty years later. He used a morphine and cocaine mix on the King....just like Shipman. Except Shipman didnt care about the papers, like.

Looking down the current list I would have thought George Melly would be the best bet of this year's crop to die with his boots on.

Some of the round the world sailors must be contenders too. I believe Peter Bullimore is about to set out again.

And of course we've already those Iraqi swingers. Boot heavy this year so far.

There are a few contenders in the Vendee Globe race just now. Yann Elies has broken his femur and needs rescuing. With 11 boats already out, two dismastings and more than 5,000 miles of the Southern Ocean still to go you have to wonder.

Past Vendees have claimed two lives and the boats are getting faster.