Tuber Mirum

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

Only for a couple of days. I'm out now, recovering well and working on the HDP which should be coming online in the next day or so, more or less complete.

Good to hear it NAP, go well.

Only for a couple of days. I'm out now, recovering well and working on the HDP which should be coming online in the next day or so, more or less complete.

The new site's looking good - especially the 'Likely Lads' style wallpaper. Good job, NAP.

How on earth, did none of us, not pick Jade Goody!

Aye, respect NAP. And it is indeed strange that amongst some very inspired picking - one team already 20% dead - Ms Goody failed to find selection.

Odd indeed.

It is worth remarking that another team, that of Grobler, would have had three hits already if they hadn't all died before the start of the competition. One to watch out for definitely.

If anyone has any big problems reading the site, they should say so. I haven't tested it in all browsers yet.

Comes up bright and clear on my PC, but when you click on the team names for the list at the top, I'm still showing as TSB 2008.

Just gave the site a bite of a makeover.

I think it looks a bit better now.

If anyone has trouble viewing it properly because they're running f*****g Google Platinum on a Commodore 64, they can bugger off.

Just gave the site a bite of a makeover.

I think it looks a bit better now.

Hey! I like it. Simplicity brings out the greatest quality in complex things.

By the way Nap, how about that team "Why Not?" Their second and third spots were history in a matter of days.

I wonder who that is.

Well if I find out it's a second team from you, you're getting both your teams disqualified.

That wouldn't be allowed.

The death of trades-unionist Jack Jones means points for Mr. Grobler.

Eventually.

Still need to update the site for Milvina Dean, who puts me into first place and for thon old Japanese fellow who takes it away again and gives it to highly suspect mystery contender Why Not.

That crumbly Japanese confirms my worst ever HPDP start, at last I get a hit, but he's tenth on my team. S'cuse the pun but......It's MURDER waiting for Susan Atkins to die.

In a rare bout of activity I've updated the site for all the recent deaths I could remember.

If anybody can be bothered checking to see if I've missed anything, please do.

I just assumed Mollie Sugden had been on Celebrity squares, in the light of no compelling evidence to the contrary.

Yeah, Henry Allingham is dead so there's points on him. It'll take my woeful 5 point performance all the way up to a pathetic 20 points.

Oh aye. Strangely enough I gave CP the points for Henry but forgot you.

Sorry about that. :lol:

A few more points and a Quantum Leap into 7th place due to Harry Patch's untimely demise will doubtless be cheering you up no end Mary.

:(

A few more points and a Quantum Leap into 7th place due to Harry Patch's untimely demise will doubtless be cheering you up no end Mary.

:(

In a manner of speaking, aye. But I had respect for the man so it is genuinely sad to see him go. Oddly, my plans for the HPDP team are as shambolic as a WW1 battle plan, the first wave - Atkins, Graham et al - appear unwilling to go over the top and the team's performance is being hampered by the second wave dying on cue, and thereby getting low points.

Tha CPDP theme team on the other hand...........

Bugger, I forgot to award points for Robert McNamara. His death consolidates highly suspect mystery team Why Not's lead. Somewhat.

I'll do it later.

Need to look into the crimes against humanity aspect with this one.

Does anyone believe Harry Patch didn't commit Morris Dancing, him being from the West Country and all that?

Just noticed I've got Bob Novak on my HPDP team - had a quick check (not that I thought NAP would be so quick) and found quite a few folks also don't have our points for Sir Bobby Robson yet!

I'm eager to know where we all stand. ;)

Do you mean I awarded points for robson to some but not to others?

I hope not.

Anyway, I know there's work to be done and I daresay I'll get round to it soon.

That Kennedy woman's death probably means some points for somebody too. Not to mention Bob Novak.

I'm still showing 20 points and two deaths. It'll be good news to conspiracy theorists claiming Harry Patch couldn't take the attention and faked his death.

Hmm.

Giving points to THe Unknown Man for Cory Aquino before I did Bobby Robson is causing some headaches for me. Particularly since I appear to have forgotten the Unique Pick Bonus for Aquino, and I can't quite work out how he manages to have 95 points.

I'll have a stiff drink later and give it some thought.

Perhaps I should keep notes.

Thanks to Rotten Ali for pointing out that I'd missed out a whole load of deaths.

I went back and recalculated everyone's score from the beginning, including remembering to multiply the bonuses (nice big bonus for Mollie Sugden as original pick, Celebrity Squares and pantomime participant).

This now means that not only is everyone's score probably correct, but I can also tell you how I arrived at it.

If anyone has any gripes, then don't hesitate to drop us a line. <_<

What a star!

ps: my score looks right but my team listing still needs a little ghost at the side of where it says Bob Novak. Thanks. <_<