Tuber Mirum

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

The scoreboard has been updated for the death of Maurice Papon. Not sure about gleefully, but certainly dutifully.

I've got a spare Thai model if you need it NAP. :blink:

In other news, Mystery Judge #2 hasn't replied. Can I have a volunteer to be Mystery Judge #3?

Only people I can be sure aren't taking part in the HDP need apply.

To lose one volunteer mystery judge, Mr Notapotato, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness.

In other news, Mystery Judge #2 hasn't replied. Can I have a volunteer to be Mystery Judge #3?

Only people I can be sure aren't taking part in the HDP need apply.

To lose one volunteer mystery judge, Mr Notapotato, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness.

They weren't volunteers. I think that may have been the source of their unwillingness to cooperate.

John Inman's death means an HDP hit for Lived so Let's die.

25 points plus 5 for an original selection, plus 5 for having been on Celebrity Squares (Christmas Day 1975) and 10 for his having been in a panto.

Can anyone find any evidence that Inman has performed Morris Dancing? I'd be surprised if he'd never had a bash at it.

25 points plus 5 for an original selection, plus 5 for having been on Celebrity Squares (Christmas Day 1975) and 10 for his having been in a panto.

Can anyone find any evidence that Inman has performed Morris Dancing? I'd be surprised if he'd never had a bash at it.

Didn't they do it an episode of 'Are you being served?', or was that just general gayity (is that a word)?

Didn't they do it an episode of 'Are you being served?', or was that just general gayity (is that a word)?

I seem to remember several episodes in which he waved a handkerchief round. May not have had bells or ribbons on at the time, mind.

Gaiety (or gayety apparently, although I've never seen that used before) is how you spell it, but you have correctly applied its meaning; well, either of its meanings I suppose.

Either meaning could apply to John Inman performing Morris Dancing, I should think. :)

Unlikely as Morris Dancing in Lancashire and North West England in general is performed by women and girls.

Well thanks a bunch to absolutely bloody nobody who made the effort to think up a humourous headline for Boris Yeltsin's death. ;)

I'll tell you what. I'll increase the bonus to 40 points and give you all till the end of next week.

There'll be other random bonuses in the future as part of a dynamic and decisive programme for making the scoreboard a bit less one-sided.

Well it's the beginning of December so I suppose it's time to start thinking about next year's competition.

There'll be a couple of arbitrary and illogical rule changes and some new bonuses which I'll inform you of in due course, but on the whole the format and scoring system will be near enough the same as last year.

There will also be some optical changes to the site which will as usual be in the best conceivable taste .

There will also be some optical changes to the site which will as usual be in the best conceivable taste .

And that is the ideal image Hartlepool never fails to offer. It's December 1st 2007 and the spirit of dead pooling becomes very alive ... in fact various rule changes have gone down and after putting a great deal of my focus on excluding executions from DDP I can only assume the idea will emerge itself right here at Notapotato's very own.

Now I'm thinking Hartlepool should introduce a modern feature that is included with ones list and a feature that would double the value of a selected candidate. Well if you haven't caught on I'm talking about making only 'The #10) position a joker chair. For example - Meinhardt Rabbe sits in mine - If he were to ... drop dead I would acquire fifty points to my name.

What is your two cents on at least the big picture here Nap?

Yeah I have a few questions. First: are you going to ban these executions? Because with a dead pool like yours especially it might be a good idea to ban any Bali bombers or Chemical Ali's.

So folks, here's the 2008 entry form.

Those who played in 2007 will be getting it by email soon too. Probably.

If anyone has any questions, please fire away. :(

At last! The final answer to this question.

There's intense debate on the Deadlyboard, well both me and CP have posted anyway, on the 'improbable death' bonus for next year. Great idea but how - exactly - do we decide improbable? I kinda like the idea of the bonus and it strikes me that it's like giving marks for artistic impression in skating, not exactly scientific but deffo celebrating the essence of the whole thing. To save loads of pointless bleating when our picks are ruled out of the bonus and - also - to breathe life into a slow board how about:

Set up an improbables thread, anyone with any interest can post names, you decide ahead of the submission date who's in and out, and we pick 'em from the 'definite improbables' list meaning all the bonuses are equal and we know who's gonna get the bonus if they go.

I'm tempted to punt in a few all of whom I'd like to pick cos it'd be amusing/ironic if they carked it:

Prince Edward

Steve McLaren

Heather Mills McCartney

Peter Andre

Nick Clegg

Billy Ray Cyrus

One of 25 teams entered this year lines up as follows:

Ten Stiff Bowling 2008

1 – Christodoulos

2 – Tomoji Tanabe

3 – Edna Parker

4 – Billy Graham

5 – Henry Allingham

6 – Rt Rev Ian Cundy

7 – Trudi Endersby

8 – Charlton Heston

9 – Ruby Muhammad

10 - Leopold Englietner

Here is my HDP 2008 entry

Team: Football Fan

1. Serbian Orthodox Church Patriarch Pavle

2. George T.D. Moore (Australian jockey)

3. Archbishop Christodoulos

4. Philip Jones Griffiths

5. Sayyed Abdul Aziz al-Hakim

6. Sydney Pollack

7. Patricia Dunn

8. Mikey Dread

9. Zeljko Sturanovic

10.Janez Drnovsek

Mine, as with last year, was limited to people I had seen die in dreams. Not likely to make the big win, or even do as well as last year, but here's the lineup anyhow:

Ariel Sharon

Suharto

Ron Santo

Stewart Udall

Tony Martin

Betty Ford

Saad al-Sabah

John Archibald Wheeler

Flory Van Donck

Muhammad Ali

Here's my team.

Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria

Dr Sam Galbraith

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef

Sister Wendy Beckett

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Princess Fawzia bint Fuad of Egypt

Lord Hugh George Cholmondeley, 5th Baron Delamere

Field Marshall Sam Hormusji Manekshaw MC

Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Professor Robert Fagles

No need to list any more teams here. Notapotato has worked his magic and they are all there in a newly redecorated room. Well done Nap.

Aye, respect NAP. A good job done in double quick time. Nice to see a pristine deadpool just waiting for the first score. I'm joint top, wa-hay!

Aye, respect NAP. A good job done in double quick time. Nice to see a pristine deadpool just waiting fort the first score. I'm joint top, wa-hay!

Er....joint bottom according to the list.

Whatever, we're all 'joint' until some of the picks die.

Speaking of which; that's a lovely picture of Aussie actress Emily Perry on the site but I have a hunch that Grobler's Stiff Ones have selected another Emily Perry, i.e; the 100 year old Torquay born gal who played Madge Allsop.

Ok. I'm getting really paranoid now, howcome everyone else can see the new stuff and I can't.