Tuber Mirum

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

Thanks NAP, I can now celebrate by scoresheet position, since it has gone from terrible to merely v.poor. Still hopeful of moving into single figures in the positions given the surviving 'talent' on the team.

You forgot to award points to Stars Almost Burn Forever for Karl Malden He died on the 1st of July 2009.

The above is seen to, as is the giving out of points for the death of Patrick Swayze.

Just updated the site for Susan Atkins.

A glance at the old Scoreboard shows that the top of the same is pretty close with the first three all within 25 points of one another.

The competition is still fairly wide open. One or two teams who already have a lot of hits could still win, or perhaps not. And all the teams which have no or very few points could also still win. One or two other teams (you can work it out for yourselves) are no longer in the running.

That's the mysterious beauty of the Hartlepool Deadlypool. No one really knows if or how it works. But you have to get the deaths in the right order to win.

Just updated the site for Susan Atkins.

A glance at the old Scoreboard shows that the top of the same is pretty close with the first three all within 25 points of one another.

The competition is still fairly wide open. One or two teams who already have a lot of hits could still win, or perhaps not. And all the teams which have no or very few points could also still win. One or two other teams (you can work it out for yourselves) are no longer in the running.

That's the mysterious beauty of the Hartlepool Deadlypool. No one really knows if or how it works. But you have to get the deaths in the right order to win.

Six stiffs on my team, 96 points on the board, 75 still on offer for my survivors and the leader already past 200 points, hmmmmmm, that'll be me 'no longer in the running,' then. Appreciate your tact and diplomacy in expressing it so carefully NAP. Obviously I won't humiliate myself by drawing attention to my sorry plight, we'll keep this little PM between ourselves eh?

Just updated the site for that Chinese rocket scientist fella and Ludovic Kennedy. Have I forgotten eny others? Looks like it's mainly between me and highly suspicious mystery team Why Not? but a couple of others still have a good chance.

Remember this year's HDP runs until the 25th of January so there's still plenty time to catch up.

The HDP 2010 promises to start on time and to be more communicative than its 2009 predecessor.

The wallpaper will probably stay the same though.

In the meantime the death of Nobel laureate Paul Samuelson puts Why Not? over the three hundred mark and in an almost unstoppable position.

That in spite of Football Fan already having 8/10 hits albeit sadly not in the right order.

Some very unlikely to die indeed people are going to have to get their skates on if I (or anyone else) am to have a chance of topping the scoreboard.

So Ladies and Gentlemen, the 2010 Hartlepool Deadlypool is now taking entries.

After long deliberation about revising the scoring system we came to the conclusion that it was futile to attempt to improve upon that which is intrinsically perfect so the 2010 game bears an uncanny similarity to its 2009 predecessor.

A very few very subtle changes have been introduced, but these are mainly spelling corrections.

In 2010 we will be reintroducing the practise of informing participants by email of the progress of the game.

Here is the entry form.

And the Rules.

And the scoring system.

The deadline is the 31st of December at midnight GMT, so that gives you all about 4 days to come up with your teams.

Nothing could be simpler.

Thank you.

it was futile to attempt to improve upon that which is intrinsically perfect

Agreed, there's a bit too much of that going on in life generally for my liking.

Ten Stiff Bowling off and running to Hartlepool as of ten minutes ago.

I'm still hoping Cahal Daly expires before midnight on Friday, thus propelling me to somewhere above 0 points overall.

LOAD, LOCK OFF, COCK IT, FIRE!

Blast! Did you see where it went?

Bit early with my entry but just stuck it in, because I don't think I can mess up yet another year as badly as this last one.

Just submitted my entry: the seven people who have continued to breathe on my dream team for quite some time, along with three newcomers.

My email will change in March, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Aye, I'm in as well. Show and tell all round tomorrow, eh?

Aye, I'm in as well. Show and tell all round tomorrow, eh?

Ten Stiff Bowling 2010

Zelda Rubinstein

Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi

Florrie Baldwin

Ronnie Biggs

Joe Stone

Kama Chinen

Eydie Gorme

Laurent Fignon

Raymond Hewlett

Basil D’Oliveria

Same rules as last year, only people I saw die in dreams were eligible for the list.

Canadian Paul's Dream Team:

Ariel Sharon

Stewart Udall

Tony Martin

Johannes Heesters

Betty Ford

Michael Foot

Flory Van Donck

Muhammad Ali

John Babcock

Eva Zeisel

Move along, nothing to see here... <_<

Just for the record:

Robert Byrd

Jose Alencar

Abdelbaset Al Megrahi

Derryn Hinch

Kim Jong-Il

Philip Carlo

Ariel Sharon

Ronnie Biggs

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Chuck Strahl

Nearly got the site finished for this year which makes a welcome change over 2009 which never got done.

It should be all over by Saturday bar the odd photo.

In a couple of days the 2009 game closes so we'll see who it is who gets the Virtual Dead Monkey this time round.

In 2010 we've had three deaths so far and Vaagheid is in the lead followed by Hein and DDT. I don't know the exact scores yet, but it'll all be done soon.

Only another 45 minutes to go. Isn't it exciting?

I'm off to my bed.

Only another 45 minutes to go. Isn't it exciting?

I'm off to my bed.

45 minutes is enough time to finish something. I'm not sure if 45 minutes is enough time to create something. (No wait, it's usually enough time to create something)

Oh, and If anyone has any questions about my team, feel free to ask. Because I want to know what it's about too. I've been trying to figure it all out for some time now .. and for longer than 45 minutes.

You'll know which one belongs to me.

Yes well, as I was saying.

The winner of the 2009 Hartlepool Deadlypool appears to be the team named "Why Not?". With 5 hits and 259 points not at all bad. Congratulations.

A close second place was attained by some person called Notapotato.

Special Mention goes to Football Fan who got 8 hits and Rotten Ali's team Stab_In The_Dark who got 7 out of 10, sadly not suficciently in the right order to win them the game.

Just out of interest, would anybody care to own up to being "Why Not?"?

Just out of interest, would anybody care to own up to being "Why Not?"?

I will...if nobody else does. :P

Perhaps we'll give the prize to Windsor then, since as he didn't take part, he certainly couldn't be accused of cheating.

We are making some progress on getting 2010 finished and as of today The Scoreboard is up and working.

Bellender is a sterling fellow and if your drinks are taking longer than usual to arrive it's only because he's putting in a lot of extra hours looking out photos of obscure celebrities for me.

DDT is in the lead which is unusual as nobody normally ever dies on his team.

Did anyone find out if Flory van Donck really did die a few years ago?

I just found this article which says this:

De bekendste Belgische golfer is Flory Van Donck (1912-1992). Hij is de vijfvoudige winnaar van de Dutch Open.