I was trying to find an update on Zsa Zsa Gabor's health when I found this.

She claims that "Kirk Douglas, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gerald Ford and Jerry Lewis will all die this year". Where Prince Philip's health will "really head down" this year.

So what do we think of her predictions?

The better ones are in line with some of ours and I'm not aware many of us claim psychic powers.

Personally I follow those Yorkshire mystics the Kaiser Chiefs, they predict ' a riot.'

Guest Guest

Well really thats just a list of americas most famous elderly people.

She claims that "Kirk Douglas, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gerald Ford and Jerry Lewis will all die this year". Where Prince Philip's health will "really head down" this year.

Most of those predictions are just so lame and banal, anybody could have come up with 'em.

Still I'm glad the majority of those psychics predict that Saddam will die in '06.

Our very own Barnshees Screams is alleged to be something of a psychic he has had some strange dreamssa which came truue

Our very own Barnshees Screams is alleged to be something of a psychic  he has had some strange dreamssa which came truue

Everybody has some type of phycic power within them.

The top few Winnie named could very well die this year. Although all thing are bound to change.

One of 'em said "Russell Crowe gets into trouble again even though he's on probation."

D'uh! :lol: You don't have to be psychic to work that one out.

It's all done with smoke and mirrors and invisib;le wires

What do we think of her predictions? Do we know what she predicted for 2005? That might give a clue to whether she's just making it up as she goes along.

That might give a clue to whether she's just making it up as she goes along.

I'm absolutely certain that not only she, but each and every one of 'em would perform no better than (and probably worse than) chance in their "predictions."

In fact I'm so confident, I'd offer then a million bucks to prove otherwise, oh... hang on, no... James Randi has already offered it for years, and noone has ever come anywhere near close to proving anything at all. Except maybe that they're either

a. scam artists, or

b. self delusional, or

c. nothing except extremely ticked off, claiming that they've been the victim of all sorts of foul play and slander when shown the scientific results of their extraordinary claims.

There is a member of my family who claims she is a medium, anyway she asked me questions and when i said about deathlist she slapped me and said i predict that you are a sick bastard. She was right.

Guest Guest
There is a member of my family who claims she is a medium, anyway she asked me questions and when i said about deathlist she slapped me and said i predict that you are a sick bastard. She was right.

She was probably talking about her coat size.

That last one was me. I'd gone away but got drawn back. Just couldn't let it lie.I know just how it feels to be Charlie Kennedy. You say just one last post and then one thing leads to another. Am thinking of setting up Postaholics Anonymous, honorary president BrunoBrimley.

Was she in a good mood when she slapped you?

Cos if she was & you slapped her back...wait for it... would that be classed as striking a happy medium?

Oh come on, someone had to do it- it may as well be me!

One of the psychics in that article, Sylvia Browne has effectively proven she's a fraud.

This mistake of hers regarding the trapped miners, was broadcast live.

It won't make any difference to the way a lot of people feel about her. James Randi said that some people are so determined for this nonsense to be true that when he shows them an unarguable debunking, they turn on him, not on the fraudulent psychics.

She is already wrong about the prediction of a cure for cancer at the beginning of the year.

She is already wrong about the prediction of a cure for cancer at the beginning of the year.

Depends on what you consider "the beginning of the year."

Earlier I mentioned a dream that I had where Charles Lane was deceased at the age of 101. Convinced me enough to put him on my DDP but, realistically, given the amount of time I spend on Deathlist, it's not all that surprising. Plus predicting that a 101 year old man will die is not that much of a strech.

So I guess it's really all about your willingness to believe or not. I'll personally put my faith in other things.

I read a fascinating biography of Harry Price, a James Randi figure of his day, who made it his lifes work to expose fraudulent mediums (media?!!) who were preying on the relatives of the victims of World War One. He, like Randi, had been a stage magician and was able to see through many of the sleight-of-hand tricks used by the charlatans.

Had another strange dream last night. For the most part it consisted of me reading Wikipedia and learning that Benoît Mandelbrot had died in 2006.

If it's true, I'm in for some Hartlepool points. :dead:

Had another strange dream last night. For the most part it consisted of me reading Wikipedia and learning that Benoît Mandelbrot had died in 2006.

If it's true, I'm in for some Hartlepool points.  :dead:

Mandelbrot is a good candidate. In my research I couldn't find reasons to assume he'll die this year, but I did consider him for my DDP team.

Oh, BTW, psychics are frauds or self-delusional.

regards,

Hein

Oh, BTW, psychics are frauds or self-delusional.

I knew you'd say that

Dunno if he's still doing the rounds but a few years ago I saw Ian Rowland at the Fortean Times Unconvention. A British magician who replicated quite a few psychic tricks. Decent show.

Well both Kirk Douglas and Zsa Zsa Gabor are alive and it's now September. Looks like she's crap.