Sign in to follow this  
Godot

When Deathlisters Go Shopping

He sounds like a bloke i know!

If he once tried to light a cigarette with a hair dryer because he was too lazy to go downstairs for a lighter then we have a friend in common, OSP!

• Like 1

If he once tried to light a cigarette with a hair dryer because he was too lazy to go downstairs for a lighter then we have a friend in common, OSP!

That is just being to lazy. Some women may find that very unattractive...

Don't throw your books out, Boudicca; list them for sale second-hand at Amazon or something. That way you'll have an excuse to keep them around. :D

Don't throw your books out, Boudicca; list them for sale second-hand at Amazon or something. That way you'll have an excuse to keep them around. :D

That's a good idea and if you list them at ridiculously high prices (without telling Mr. B.) they will never sell and you can keep them forever, on the other hand if they do sell you will make a handsome profit.

:D

Not the same person but they sound just as smart as each other. One of many stories involves an electric fence, he was testing it but thought it would not stop cows as the shock he got was not as strong as he thought it should be. I made the remark that the rubber soles on his boots were the reason for this, quick as a flash he took off his boots and socks and touched the fence again, there was a loud crack and an even louder scream as he got the full jolt! :lol:

I made the remark that the rubber soles on his boots were the reason for this, quick as a flash he took off his boots and socks and touched the fence again, there was a loud crack and an even louder scream as he got the full jolt! :D

:lol: I love it when stupidity punishes the right person.

regards,

Hein

Believe it or not, I too have stupid friends.

I once convinced someone that if you dialled 666 on a phone, Satan would pick up. I convinced him by claiming that if you turn the number upside down you get 999, which is a good number.

There was also the time he lost a tooth. I told him he had gum disease and was likely to lose all his teeth. He phoned his Aunt (who was a dentist) and booked an emergency appointment to take a look at 11 o clock at night.

There was also the time he asked me (with a straight face) what questions they ask you before you get into heaven and how they know you are telling the truth. He planned just to lie.

I think he must have learning difficulties or something...

Believe it or not, I too have stupid friends.

I once convinced someone that if you dialled 666 on a phone, Satan would pick up. I convinced him by claiming that if you turn the number upside down you get 999, which is a good number.

There was also the time he lost a tooth. I told him he had gum disease and was likely to lose all his teeth. He phoned his Aunt (who was a dentist) and booked an emergency appointment to take a look at 11 o clock at night.

There was also the time he asked me (with a straight face) what questions they ask you before you get into heaven and how they know you are telling the truth. He planned just to lie.

I think he must have learning difficulties or something...

One question - Did he take the mini bus to school... :D

With friends like that....................

Boudicca, I'm intrigued by what quirks of fate brought you and your sister to such different places on the social ladder. You come across as erudite and well-read (dare I say it, even intelligent!), and your chav-tastic sister well, rather less so. What could have happened in your past to lead you down such different paths? Was she corrupted by her other half, or were you rescued from impending chav-dom by Mr B? Is she rebelling against a middle class upbringing? Too much cake as a child? Too early an exposure to Burberry check?

So many possibilities...

With friends like that....................

I'm nice to him most of the time - I only wind him up when he is being very silly indeed.

I can remember I mentioned the Pope in that Santa Clause type hat around Christmas. He then proceeded to inform me that it could not have been the Pope because the Pope was dead. :D

I want to buy this but I'm afraid it would leave me too poor. :o

Perhaps a little over priced, but I won.

I see you have glowing recommendations from ebay sellers. Maybe I can sell you something....

A pretty little bauble, but what do you do with it?

Do you wear it while strutting around your local environs?

Holy sh*t! I think you may not be joking!

I've got a bottle of the Queens piss kicking around the cellar retreived during her visit to Rangoon in 1962. You could have that off my hands for 2 grand straight.

(may not contain actual royal micturation, terms and conditions apply)

Then next time I'm in London, I shall get my photograph taken in front of Buckingham Palace whilst displaying the badge. I will then show it to my dim friend and tell him he has to address me as 'Sir' from that point on. :lol:

Only Joking. It will sit in it's case on a unit beside the rest of them.

Then next time I'm in London, I shall get my photograph taken in front of Buckingham Palace whilst displaying the badge. I will then show it to my dim friend and tell him he has to address me as 'Sir' from that point on. :lol:

Only Joking. It will sit in it's case on a unit beside the rest of them.

For £799 I'd be expecting it to make me breafast in bed, do the dishes and the laundry!

For £799 I'd be expecting it to make me breafast in bed, do the dishes and the laundry!

Maybe one day it will.

The days of the Knight and Dame are comming to end along with the racist Order of the British Empire.

This falls in both categories and thus may be out of production soon enough. So hopefully it will work well as an investment.

The Boudette wants these atrocities !

Curtains....mmmm.....

:o

In MY world, curtains for children's rooms would be heavily lined and black.

Maybe one day it will.

The days of the Knight and Dame are comming to end along with the racist Order of the British Empire.

This falls in both categories and thus may be out of production soon enough. So hopefully it will work well as an investment.

A wise idea Windsor, I really hope it works out for you, don't forget your fellow DL'rs when it pays off ! My Mum has kept 2 commemorative magazines/newspapers (well the equivalent off, I supose they would be the 'Hello' of their day) celebrating Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee and her Death that she found in my great grandparents house when she had to empty it after my great aunts death 10 years ago, they are in pristine condition having been kept in a wardrobe for 90 years, we have often wondered if they would be worth anything, but I reckon the secret royalist in her stops her selling them! She also has some china celebrating Edward VIII's coronation which never happened, but I guess that may be very common. This was the same house that when they emptied the attic during WW2 (it was in London) they found it full of Mills Bombs that my Great Grandmothers younger brothers had brought back during leave from WWI, a veritable arsenal in the middle of Wood Green.

Maybe one day it will.

A wise idea Windsor, I really hope it works out for you, don't forget your fellow DL'rs when it pays off ! My Mum has kept 2 commemorative magazines/newspapers (well the equivalent off, I supose they would be the 'Hello' of their day) celebrating Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee and her Death that she found in my great grandparents house when she had to empty it after my great aunts death 10 years ago, they are in pristine condition having been kept in a wardrobe for 90 years, we have often wondered if they would be worth anything, but I reckon the secret royalist in her stops her selling them! She also has some china celebrating Edward VIII's coronation which never happened, but I guess that may be very common. This was the same house that when they emptied the attic during WW2 (it was in London) they found it full of Mills Bombs that my Great Grandmothers younger brothers had brought back during WWI, a veritable arsenal in the middle of Wood Green.

If they are in good condition there's a good chance the Victorian magazines may be worth something. As it goes, over on the unofficial Royal Forums some guy treasures a Queen Victoria 1901 newspaper (I think he framed it). By his own admission, it was falling apart. Speak to him and I'm sure you'll be quids in. :o

Edward VIII coronation stuff sells because of the novelty. It's not unlike last years gimmick for the 8th April wedding that never happend. The value of these pieces will depend on the maker name at the bottom of the item. If you get a felt tip pen and write 'Abdicated 11th December 1936', it will treble in value as an Abdication piece (some factories literally did that in 1936 (but not felt tip)). Deathware's for Edward are also popular. I treasure my bright pink mourning plate.

I find all old royal 'tat' facinating (and no I'm not reffering to the Queen).

If they are in good condition there's a good chance the Victorian magazines may be worth something. As it goes, over on the unofficial Royal Forums some guy treasures a Queen Victoria 1901 newspaper (I think he framed it). By his own admission, it was falling apart. Speak to him and I'm sure you'll be quids in. :o

Edward VIII coronation stuff sells because of the novelty. It's not unlike last years gimmick for the 8th April wedding that never happend. The value of these pieces will depend on the maker name at the bottom of the item. If you get a felt tip pen and write 'Abdicated 11th December 1936', it will treble in value as an Abdication piece (some factories literally did that in 1936 (but not felt tip)). Deathware's for Edward are also popular. I treasure my bright pink mourning plate.

I find all old royal 'tat' facinating (and no I'm not reffering to the Queen).

I know what you mean Windsor but I don't think my Mum will sell them.

I have discovere that I have "a thing" for belt buckles.

Today I went to the Antiques and Collectibles fair with a couple of friends, as we'd never been to one before and thought it might be interesting. It was in this massive building, so there were tons of stalls, selling all manner of rubbish. Anyway, early on I discovered that belt buckles - not belts, just the buckles - are somewhat common amongst vendors. I then spent the rest of the day scouring the tables for belt buckes. Nothing else, just belt buckles.

I came away with two (yes, only two!) - one is solid pewter and reads: 1999 Labatt Brier Edmonton ...the last shootout of the century!. The other is similar to the one I bought last week (image posted earlier in this thread), except it has a photo of a logging lorry on it. It's nnnniiiiicccceeee.

Honed my bargaining skills too: the latter I got for $4 instead of $5, and the former (the solid pewter one) I got for $7 instead of $9. Bargains!!

Buckles I resisted include a Crown Royal buckle, which was very tempting but I didn't like the shape, a 1985 Calgary Stampede buckle, which was very nice but too heavy and too expensive, and an HILARIOUS buckle which had a gun in the middle and which read NRA: honoring our shooting history.

• Like 1