Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

What I shame I am so far away from England on such an important day. How were the celebrations over there? Was there ticker tape and/or bunting in abundance?

Not where I live, we're saving that for when she dies :huh:

• Like 1

What I shame I am so far away from England on such an important day. How were the celebrations over there? Was there ticker tape and/or bunting in abundance?

:D:lol::lol:

I really am surprised Lady G.

I had no idea that you were such a big fan of Charles...(The Queen is dead, God save the King) and all that)).

71% of the British population want the monarchy to continue after her death. As long as the Union survives, that means Scotland as well. :D

I had no idea that you were such a big fan of Charles...(The Queen is dead, God save the King) and all that)).

71% of the British population want the monarchy to continue after her death. As long as the Union survives, that means Scotland as well. :D

:D:lol::lol: Windsor, 'you rotten swine you'

You know I hate Charlie, and can't stand the thought of him being king, God if it means keeping Brenda alive till she's 150 I am all for it, the 71% is a straw pole drawn from regions (perhaps the Scottish one may be Aberdeenshire? where she has a home that employs a lot of the locals, without Balmoral they would be adding to the dole queue, I can't imagine any votes were drawn from Glasgow, were they W?) you should come to Clydebank and do your own straw poll, we will be happy to put you up and help you out as you ask the locals their opinions of the RF, I'm sure it would differ from yours, plus we will supply, food, water, alcohol and first aid as required

:D:lol::lol: Windsor, 'you rotten swine you'

You know I hate Charlie, and can't stand the thought of him being king, God if it means keeping Brenda alive till she's 150 I am all for it, the 71% is a straw pole drawn from regions (perhaps the Scottish one may be Aberdeenshire? where she has a home that employs a lot of the locals, without Balmoral they would be adding to the dole queue, I can't imagine any votes were drawn from Glasgow, were they W?) you should come to Clydebank and do your own straw poll, we will be happy to put you up and help you out as you ask the locals their opinions of the RF, I'm sure it would differ from yours, plus we will supply, food, water, alcohol and first aid as required

I believe there was only one vote from Scotland and...yes...it appears to be from my house. ;)

They were trying for 100% but some of the Aristocracy got a bit confused over the question...

Me - in Clydebank - I wouldn't last 5 minutes. :D People in Aberdeenshire find it hard to stomach me. :D

I'd be the first to admit that the monarchy would be ousted if there was a referendum for Scotland only.

I could lean towards scare-mongering and utter that dreaded phrase. "President Blair and the First Lady Cherie". I wouldn't dare to say 'President Thatcher', that would be suicide.

Guest iain

the Queens husband is about 85 so he cant last much longer surely.All his brothers and sisters are dead allready

F**k, I can't believe my 500th post was on this thread, I was saving it for a discussion that meant something, damn the wine that made me post and damn the Queen for being 80 today, couldn't she have saved it for her official birthday :huh:

the Queens husband is about 85 so he cant last much longer surely.All his brothers and sisters are dead allready

Yes, but they all went on the wrong side...

Congratulations on your 500th post Lady G!

Two special ladies celebrating a significant milestone on the same day.

Me - in Clydebank - I wouldn't last 5 minutes. :huh: People in Aberdeenshire find it hard to stomach me. :D

That's where you are wrong Windsor, you'll find Bankies will love you, this is a town that built the best ships in the world, Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and the QEII, Brittania followed later, she came home in August 1986, docked at Rothesay Docks, 3/4 mile from my childhood home, I mentioned it in the thread earlier on about my Experience that day, the QE2 made it back into the Clyde about 10 years ago, she couldn't come right up to her place of launch because of a bridge, I was 2 weeks old when she was launched from John Browns yard in Clydebank, her back (is that the stern?) was forced across the river and up the tributary that was the River Cart on the other side, then she turned around and sailed over to John Browns yard in Clydebank. My grandmother travelled up from her home in Hampshire and took me out in my pram to Rothesay Dock, a few hundred yards from our home, so she could see the launch (I've been assured I slept through the whole thing, as a baby I was only interested in food and sleep.) scsi got a tour of it as a 2 year old, he still remembers being on it, his Dad was an electrician in Browns. We are very proud of our contribution to the Navy, RF and shipbuilding in general, you may be ribbed about your leanings but in a good natured way.

Yes, but they all went on the wrong side...

Congratulations on your 500th post Lady G!

Two special ladies celebrating a significant milestone on the same day.

Thanks Windsor, especially calling me a 'special lady', much appreciated, the Queen may be, I'm not, I'm just a tiny Glaswegian with a big mouth, but you knew that already.

I had no idea that you were such a big fan of Charles...

Ah, but is Charles a Smiths fan? (The Queen is dead, and all that)

regards,

Hein

[...]big mouth[...]

Ah, a Smiths fan. :D

regards,

Hein

:huh: absolutely not Hein, I hate the Smiths and Morrissey (W**ker) with a passion, probably more than I hate the Royal Family :lol:

<nitpick>He didn't have any brothers.</nitpick>

His sisters were all quite a lot older than he is, so it's not really surprising that they predeceased him.

Guest Himler
Speaking at a press conference this morning Douglas Ramsbottom, Charles's Third Deputy Principal Assistant Communications Secretary (Acting), said that the "bloody people" referred to were actually the paparazzi who had annoyed the princely trio the previous day.

"Prince Charles had still not become fully acclimatised to the altitude," he said, "and was a bit confused because of the lack of oxygen. He did not realise that it was a bona fide pre-arranged photo opportunity."

Very funny Anubis, this April Fool message of yours - LOL as the penny dropped.

My take on all this April fool nonsense is all this news about the pope - gradually deing this morning - I'm half expecting the holly father to be going a song and dance act on his balcony this afternoon.

Who is the Holly father. Santa Claus?

Exciting news. I found this picture of the Queen.

Leaders.jpg

Thats not the exciting part.

Behind Jack McConnel there is a seating area and a table. That's where I sit when I'm not busy at Uni. It's also my diner place. Just wait till I tell my friends...

(Yes, I know I'm sad.)

Exciting news. I found this picture of the Queen.

Leaders.jpg

Thats not the exciting part.

Behind Jack McConnel there is a seating area and a table. That's where I sit when I'm not busy at Uni. It's also my diner place. Just wait till I tell my friends...

(Yes, I know I'm sad.)

Can I have your autograph?

Windsor wrote:

That's where I sit when I'm not busy at Uni.

I'm betting this is quite often then? :)

It's also my diner place.

It looks a little cramped to be selling food from, but I must congratulate you on your entrepreneurial spirit. It's certainly more admirable than turning to stripping or prostitution to pay off your student grant.

Long Live The Queen!

w042120.jpg

Is this some kind of a raid from the Royal Forums?

Ha-ha! <_<

No Actually, I don't visit that forum. The people on there a "rather" weird. Although I do visit other Royal Forums.

:P