Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Very ill?

Just seen the latest picture of the Queen.

She looks gravely ill. Do you think its cancer?

:D  :D

"The Portrait of Dorian Grey" comes to mind

Actually, CP, the book is entitled "The Picture of Dorian Grey".

Why does everyone go around painting pictures of the Queen? We have to look at her every day on coins, stamps and the like. Plus she's a sour-faced old bat. Why can't Rolf Harris do a nice picture of that top new Keeley whatshername. I'd pay £4 at an art gallery to see that.

• Like 1

Very ill?

She looks like Rolf Harris.

D'ya think?

QEII.jpg

:D:D:D Now she looks like Ronnie Corbett!

Very ill?

"The Portrait of Dorian Grey" comes to mind

Actually, CP, the book is entitled "The Picture of Dorian Grey".

Why does everyone go around painting pictures of the Queen? We have to look at her every day on coins, stamps and the like. Plus she's a sour-faced old bat. Why can't Rolf Harris do a nice picture of that top new Keeley whatshername. I'd pay £4 at an art gallery to see that.

Wow, that was dumb of me :D . The League of Extrordinary Gentlemen has sullied my mind with its Sean Connery style.

A picture of Johnny Depp would be better.

Lady Die, you just have to look up a quarter of a screen to see one. He's as ubiquitous on the DL page as ERII is in the post office

Lady Die, you just have to look up a quarter of a screen to see one. He's as ubiquitous on the DL page as ERII is in the post office

I was thinking of a painted portrait .... but not by Rolf Harris. Putting Johnny on stamps instead of the Queen would be good too!

I was thinking of a painted portrait .... but not by Rolf Harris. Putting Johnny on stamps instead of the Queen would be good too!

Well, he's not British, which would probably be a problem. Has anyone non-British appeared on a UK postage stamp?

*Cue frantic Google trawling*

I was thinking of a painted portrait .... but not by Rolf Harris.  Putting Johnny on stamps instead of the Queen would be good too!

Well, he's not British, which would probably be a problem. Has anyone non-British appeared on a UK postage stamp?

Maybe we could give him UK citizenship.

I was thinking of a painted portrait .... but not by Rolf Harris.  Putting Johnny on stamps instead of the Queen would be good too!

Every member of the (German) Royal Family.

Putting Johnny on stamps instead of the Queen would be good too!

Why should one want to put a latex based prophylactic on ones stamps?

I was thinking of a painted portrait .... but not by Rolf Harris.   Putting Johnny on stamps instead of the Queen would be good too!

Every member of the (German) Royal Family.

I was always led to believe that you were a British national if you were born in the country. Every monarch since George III has been born in England (if your child is likely to take the throne you cannot have it in Scotland) and therefore every monarch on a stamp is British not German.

Blood has nothing to do with it.....in my opinion.

Besides, even the earliest of the Hanoverians were given British citizenship prior to Queen Anne's death including Sophia, the Electress of Hanover, who died before Anne.

But there's always Prince Philip. He wasn't born in Britain although he is a British national.......... B)

Thought of one - the Aussie cricketer being caught in this pic.

s5.jpg

Plus the ump.

I guess as I set the question I don't win £5. Bah.

This guy certainly wasn't British either.

41p.stamp.jpg

This guy certainly wasn't British either.

41p.stamp.jpg

He did live in Britain most of his life, though. We had a discussion about him before here.

regards,

Hein

Indeed, he is a visitor attraction to my town as he worked there for a while. The famous transmission was made from somewhere around the town (I think).

There is even a plaque in one of the churches where he would sit on a Sunday morning.

Edit: Turns out he was only here for 3 weeks in 1904.

The Queen is to scale back on Her Royal duties.

The Prince of Wales will take over many State duties including dealing with government papers. Effectively, he is an unofficial Prince Regent.

The Queen will still do the opening of Parliament (play dress up), Overseas visits (free holidays) and meet the Prime Minister (have a right good gab).

So I was nearly right predicting abdication or Regency. I knew the Royal Marriage last year had something to do with the Queen's 80th.

:D

s5.jpg

Plus the ump.

I guess as I set the question I don't win £5. Bah.

Are all those cricketers on there dead?

I thought there was some business of alive people not being allowed on stamps. Or is it not a real photo and they're just generic cricketers?

There was that business with the chap from Queen.

The Prince of Wales will take over many State duties including dealing with government papers. Effectively, he is an unofficial Prince Regent.

The Queen will still do the opening of Parliament (play dress up), Overseas visits (free holidays) and meet the Prime Minister (have a right good gab).

So I was nearly right predicting abdication or Regency. I knew the Royal Marriage last year had something to do with the Queen's 80th.

:D

Camilla's probably trying on a crown even as we speak

s5.jpg

Plus the ump.

I guess as I set the question I don't win £5.  Bah.

I thought there was some business of alive people not being allowed on stamps. Or is it not a real photo and they're just generic cricketers?

This referred to non-Brits who appeared on UK stamps. Roger Taylor (Queen drummer) was one of the few living non-royals ever to make it onto a British stamp.

s5.jpg

This referred to non-Brits who appeared on UK stamps. Roger Taylor (Queen drummer) was one of the few living non-royals ever to make it onto a British stamp.

s5.jpg

Him and a bunch of cricketers and an umpire, it would seem. Which is what I was trying to say.

s5.jpg

I don't think they have the technology to make stamps in .GIF format yet, NotSpud.

:lol:

We could always discuss this here, Windsor.

Er, perhaps not...

Er, perhaps not...

Blimey, those royal chatting people are even sicker than us!

Er, perhaps not...

Blimey, those royal chatting people are even sicker than us!

Sick, no.

Sycophants, definitely.

• Like 1