What's Jason Sudeikis doing for the next few years?

25 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Thinking about it over the last few days (I think Southgate had decided a while back he was done after the tournament and I don't blame him), I thought Howe was the most likely. Good track record, well thought of and, while he's in work, might be gettable. Not saying he'll readily give up Newcastle but when you look at the fact they have no European football this season, and Staveley and the other one who hired him have both departed and I suspect he may be ditched, rightly or wrongly, sooner rather than later for a showier name. Perhaps it's time to get out while the going's good.

That’s what the Times are suggesting. That Howe might be open to leaving and Newcastle happy to have him go. Second choice seems to be Graham Potter. 

Best team won the tournament, no doubt about that. However, if England hadn't decided that they would only ever attack when they fell behind, I think they would have both won it and been the best team. When they actually bothered to attack they generally scored fairly quickly (Slovakia apart) only to immediately sit back again.

Southgate has done an excellent job in some respects, and a bang average one in others. But his record at tournaments means he will go down as one of England's best managers. I think he's done now though, and I think the FA should go all out to try and get Pep.

Re. Harry Kane, he should be dropped if we have no intention of playing to his strengths, as was the case in this tournament. Despite that, and despite him clearly not being 100% fit, he still (jointly) won the Golden Boot - that's a measure of the man's quality.

2 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Re. Harry Kane, he should be dropped if we have no intention of playing to his strengths, as was the case in this tournament. Despite that, and despite him clearly not being 100% fit, he still (jointly) won the Golden Boot - that's a measure of the man's quality.

Absolute poppycock. 3 goals in the whole tournament, one of which was a penalty is not what I'd call "a measure of the man's quality". He badly needed dropping.

37 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Absolute poppycock. 3 goals in the whole tournament, one of which was a penalty is not what I'd call "a measure of the man's quality". He badly needed dropping.

In half a decade or so we might not have any strikers. They is no post 2000 looking that likely to bust through. The FA were hoping for Mason Greenwood for a while. It’s bar far the biggest weakness of the next generation of players. Even left back and Goalie have one exciting prospect. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Best team won the tournament, no doubt about that. However, if England hadn't decided that they would only ever attack when they fell behind, I think they would have both won it and been the best team. When they actually bothered to attack they generally scored fairly quickly (Slovakia apart) only to immediately sit back again.

Southgate has done an excellent job in some respects, and a bang average one in others. But his record at tournaments means he will go down as one of England's best managers. I think he's done now though, and I think the FA should go all out to try and get Pep.

Pep has no chance while Man City are under investigation. It would be an extremely controversial move. 

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

In half a decade or so we might not have any strikers. They is no post 2000 looking that likely to bust through. The FA were hoping for Mason Greenwood for a while. It’s bar far the biggest weakness of the next generation of players. Even left back and Goalie have one exciting prospect. 

Feel free to come back and say "I told you so" when England can't find a single serviceable striker in 5 years time. We only play one FFS!

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Feel free to come back and say "I told you so" when England can't find a single serviceable striker in 5 years time. We only play one FFS!

More likely play a non striker there. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

More likely play a non striker there. 

If only we had players used to playing that role! Foden...Palmer...even Bellingham at times this season. Never mind, I'm sure something will turn up... :facepalm:

• Haha 2