Dr Hack seems to be stuck in a very long session in theatre, top entertainment on Sunday 0-3 to Gretna and Queen's modest ground hosting almost 5,500, including a lively and large contingent from Gretna. Were you amongst them Dr Hack?

Guest Guest
Well, whilst trawling the DL history to view potential candidates for the list, I've come across a whole host of interesting threads - but this one - is bizarre.

I lived in Dunstable for 15 years - often went to Creasey Park to watch the lads play. Know Kerry Dixon (Ex Reading & England) quite well.

They got relegated last season as well - that's two relegations in a row.

The only DL link I can think of is George Best, Jeff Astle & Peter Sillett, all International players played for them. Trouble is, they're all dead.

Hold on, Barry Fry also played for them! He's still alive (just)

dont forget tony currie and jimmy husband.

In terms of off and on topic we could - like - just merge this thread with the football thread.

In terms of off and on topic we could - like - just merge this thread with the football thread.

Likewise your DL football team idea thread.

Unless you merge them both together and cheer on Dunstable. :) (who, as it happens, have made a solid start to the new season)

Football death, of a sort.

Carlisle's cherished 100% home record is gone, held 1-1 by Northampton.

Decent game mind, and we're still 5th.

, if it was all this good it might catch on more around the world.

Looked around t'net Lady Die but can't find a video of the above. I've just posted on a footie site to see if anyone knows where there is one.

Ball Boy Scoring!

A refereeing decision so bad you'd struggle to write it as a comedy sketch.

Thanks for tracking that down mpfc. It makes Graham Poll's three-card trick in the World Cup look like refereeing competence

It is truly awesome isn't it. It's just about explicable I guess since the first shot comes through some players, assuming the linesman turned and ran back right away and then looked round seconds later to see the ball in the net the rest - almost - makes sense. The ref too would look round, see the ball in the net and the goalie collecting it and since neither had been that vigilant the decision was taken.

Obviously, I'm saying nowt about the female ref, could've been Graham Poll, or any other bloke, eh?

It is truly awesome isn't it. It's just about explicable I guess since the first shot comes through some players, assuming the linesman turned and ran back right away and then looked round seconds later to see the ball in the net the rest - almost - makes sense. The ref too would look round, see the ball in the net and the goalie collecting it and since neither had been that vigilant the decision was taken.

Obviously, I'm saying nowt about the female ref, could've been Graham Poll, or any other bloke, eh?

The ballboy is probably his team's highest scorer for the season now.

Completely agree with your comment about the female ref of course :)

Carlisle have stuck in the top six in League One, held the former European Champions Nottingham Forest 0-0 at theirs today. Hack's march to glory is less assured, Greta also held today and - shock horror - out of an automatic promotion place at the moment.

I support Charlton, my flatmate supports Portsmouth. ;) I even dropped him off at the Valley where he watched the game with the home supporters, whereas once I got home Prem Plus decided it wouldn't work today, probably for the best.

In my darker moments I wish he'd have jumped up and celebrated the Pompey goal really loudly. :rip:

It's time for Dowie to demonstrate his 'bouncebackability'; that phrase he stupidly coined when at Palace, not that it helped them much.

I'm in your manor on Tuesday night TLC, a little meeting to decide where the Addicks or Cumbrians get to play in round three of the League Cup, I'll be sure and give you a cheery wave before kick off.

Carlisle have stuck in the top six in League One, held the former European Champions Nottingham Forest 0-0 at theirs today. Hack's march to glory is less assured, Gretna also held today and - shock horror - out of an automatic promotion place at the moment.

Indeed, Gretna are third and only one go up.

Although, if and when the Black and Whites win the league, there is a fair chance they'll not be allowed in the SPL - no suitable ground (need 6,000-all-seater) and no planning permission to build one (yet)

Hack, good to see yers back in action on the footie thread.

Gretna could always ground share, maybe somewhere just south of the border, with a capacity of - ooh - 16,500 or thereabouts.

Can't see it happenin' like.

Hack, good to see yers back in action on the footie thread.

Gretna could always ground share, maybe somewhere just south of the border, with a capacity of - ooh - 16,500 or thereabouts.

Can't see it happenin' like.

No, not at all.

It's possible that we could share with Motherwell, but if Motherwell are the team we replace in the SPL (could be) then that wouldn't happen.

The thought of sharing with Carlisle...means I'd have to get a passport!

Oh - and noticed your post from a while back - yes, I was at Palmerston for the Doonhamer humping. Dumfries is still the dump it always was.

Aye, QOS and 'classy' never did exist in the same universe. The joke used to be that on a quiet night in Carlisle you could hear the knees of Queens players creaking over the water. Once suffered through a reserve game of their cos a mate of mine from school got a run out. He wasn't even the best player in our class, but they thought he had summat.

TLC

Were you at Charlton last night. I was, thought your support pretty thin and subdued, despite the relative lack of glamour of the game. Can't grumble with the result given that we managed one shot on target all night but didn't reckon you were that far beyond plucky Carlisle in the first two thirds of the field.

Either way, if you honestly reckon I trumped your posting total the other day - not summat that occured to me - then I guess we're even given your chance of attending a third round league cup game.

I should be a Hibernian tonight but I didn't fancy another Gretna humping.

Oh, and on the subject of death - footballers are dropping recently.

Jamie McQuilken (Gretna defender) had to be rushed to hospital at the weekend after suffering chest pains at the end of the Livingston match.

Worrying.

Aye, I pulled a punch on here a couple of weeks back and didn't report on the night in hospital enjoyed by Kevin Gray - Carlisle United captain - who suffered breathing problems and chest pains and had to be subbed 23 minutes into a game. The physio's update on the official site and some inside information that looked kosher on the message boards suggested it was just a freak thing to do with a rib injury but, I agree, it's worrying.

So are you avoiding the Gretna humping to stay at home and - like - hump in Gretna, just askin' like.

Well, I was right about the humping (the Gretna one).

6-0 with a few minutes left.

Going horribly wrong.

*pop*

Aye, that drubbing has prompted some action on the Carlisle United Mad message board as well. Been an interesting Scottish night all round, Richie Foran - ex-Carlisle - knocking in all three for Motherwell. Calmed down a bit since we signed him with - allegedly - the worst disciplinary record of any player in Europe.