Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Bring On Bruno!

I know, I know, it's bad form starting another thread dedicated to one of our own etc etc.

But Bruno was in hospital getting tubed this morning. I propose we tend this thread lovingly until the man himself can communicate with us in his own inimatable style. In the long run finding a space for this and agreeing said space will help keep the other threads on topic, or something.

You know, it was bothering me today which thread had a vote for deletion poll on it and then actually got deleted. I remember now, it was the Bennett Cerf thread.

So maybe this thread served a tiny purpose after all. Aside from raising MPFC's post count of course.

Still no Bruno news? :blink:

We seem to be losing DL'ers quite regularly. I wonder if there's a DL serial killer or something- crossing us all off one by one.... or maybe my much-talked-of overactive imagination is at work again.

You know, it was bothering me today which thread had a vote for deletion poll on it and then actually got deleted. I remember now, it was the Bennett Cerf thread.

So maybe this thread served a tiny purpose after all. Aside from raising MPFC's post count of course.

Bit harsh that CP, there are those of us out here concerned for the welfare of our favourite gin swiller and since such talk would doubtless appear duplicated all over the board it struck me as a reasonable idea to give the man a place to tell us - assuming he wants to - how his health is. Once Bruno is back boozing and belligerent we can let this thread die a natural death with no need for deletion.

... raising MPFC's post count of course.

Has MPFC been posting a lot lately? Can't say I'd noticed...

Bit harsh that CP, there are those of us out here concerned for the welfare of our favourite gin swiller and since such talk would doubtless appear duplicated all over the board it struck me as a reasonable idea to give the man a place to tell us - assuming he wants to - how his health is. Once Bruno is back boozing and belligerent we can let this thread die a natural death with no need for deletion.

Not harsh really imho, spot on infact. I'm sure, given that Bruno will let us know with at least 10 "bafdly-writjern piosts" whenever anything even vaguely interesting happens to him, that we won't have long to wait to find out why he's been absent for a few days (oh, the calamity!). Whilst I'd wish no harm to come to any DLer (that's a lie), I must concur with CP insofar as creating a thread just to ponder on the health of a DLer is excessive and consistent with (I won't use the W-word) "raising one's post-count without good reason".

Given that BBs temporary absence would be regarded by many as a refreshing break from his utter drivel, if ever a thread deserved deletion, it's this one.

Bruno's health could be discussed in, and this will shock you, the Doctor! Doctor! thread where we discuss *gasp* the health problems/issues of DLers!

Or maybe the Richard O'Sullivan thread, Drunken Fights/Friends thread, Are You A Post Whore? thread, all of which are acceptable habitats for non-DL releated topics.

In fact, I'm think we should discuss the health of fellow DLers, but I don't think every DLer needs his/her own thread. If you wanted to be really ingenuitive with your free time, you could try to convince the mods to reopen the Where Has Tempus Gone? thread and transform it into a "Discuss Yer Fellow DLers" thread.

I may be an (arguably recovering) post-whore, but I've began a total of two (soon to be three) threads. I'm a big fan of freedom in posting but new threads should be started sparingly, balancing the need to streamline information and make sure that nothing gets lost in the mix. For example, I'm going to start a Bulent Ecevit thread today, because continually discussing him in "Ideas and Possibilities" is becoming difficult.

Post all you like, and I'll leave it up to the admins and mods to be the judges. I think, however, that starting a thread should be met with a little bit of thought, and a little bit of common sense.

For example, I'm going to start a Bulent Ecevit thread today, because continually discussing him in "Ideas and Possibilities" is becoming difficult.

Post all you like, and I'll leave it up to the admins and mods to be the judges. I think, however, that starting a thread should be met with a little bit of thought, and a little bit of common sense.

Ah, good, I was thinking about doing an Ecevit thread myself.

MPFC, my patience is starting to wane with some of the sh*t you're posting lately. You do post some valuable stuff about DL candidates or suggestions, but it's hidden in the mire of some right nonsense.

F**k knows how a picture of Maryport is worthy of a thread on a site supposedly about death & illness. Is there really any need for nearly EVERY thread to have either a mention of Maryport or Carlisle in it? Being proud is one thing, but you seem a little obessed?

It seems that a DL'r who is gone for more than one day gets a "oh no what's happened to them" thread. I went for a week, and was somewhat surprised, even insulted, ;) not to get a "OOO dead?" thread. :blink:

EDIT Thanks, CP. ;)

I'm with SC & CP on this one.

If BB, or Iain, or TF, or myself, or Bennett Cerf want to come or want to go, or die, or just don't post any more, than so be it.

On the other hand, the balance between posts discussing what is appropriate or not, and the actual content ought also to be maintained.

I'd be for keeping this one. Odd though Brimley is, some of us are genuinely concerned for his welfare.

Mary was just a bit pished the other night. It happens to the best of us. Threads which don't turn out to be popular will go the way of Natural Selection, as that one about meat is already doing.

I'm pretty sure there is already a "Where do Deathlisters Come From" Thread. If I can find it, I'll merge it with the Maryport one.

Carpet Slippers, chaps.

Thank you one and thank you all (at least the caring ones here.....sorry StarCrazed that leaves you out) As you can see I am alive what bleating blessed assurance this must NOT give to Starry and those who wanted to see my obits with today's date.

As mentioned in another locale I was out of it, and the initial results are vague and inconclusive. The esophagus thing looks worn (can't imagine why) the stomach looked red, and a biopsy was done somewhere in there and results will be forthcoming.

For those who do not like my drivel, they can always pass by it, I force noone to read it. As for incomprehensible drivel, it may be a few days since I have been advised to not drink any alcohol for a few days at least until the results on the biopsy snipping are in. Maybe I'll even give away my remaining gin and other tasties and try that strange group of deranged drunkards in a.a. again.

That's it for now and if this topic disappears or is closed I will not shed tears over it. I will bask in the glorious memory of how once I was thought of in a caring way. It does me 'eart good ya know.

In other news I read the obits today and although I was not there, a person with my real name (get real folks my real name is not Bruno) had lost his son to death. Yipes! The grim reaper just missed me by a hairsbreadth.

Has Maryport issued a UDI?

Nope

Apologies to those on yers thinking this thread an irrelevance but - hey - it's life affirming to have Bruno back and clearly focussed on the task of staying hereabouts. Welcome back Mr Brimley, long may you run.

Now the thread has done it's job I assume everyone interested will drop by for a look whilst the thread slowly slides down the front page to eventual oblivion whilst those dealing with the life chances of the famous continue to bob around, which is where my main interest lies as well.

Just to say welcome back to BB

He's gone again, no posts in 6 days.

Do you think he is:

A) Dead

:blink: Fallen off the wagon big time and enjoying a week long spirits binge

C) forgotten his password and can't log in

D) Some other reason.

Hope you're OK Mr B, wherever you are :angry:

He's gone again, no posts in 6 days.

Do you think he is:

A) Dead

:blink: Fallen off the wagon big time and enjoying a week long spirits binge

C) forgotten his password and can't log in

D) Some other reason.

Hope you're OK Mr B, wherever you are :angry:

How come when I press B and ) that I get a smiley face?

This newfangled technology never fails to confuse me. Is there a plain text version of this site I can revert to?

The forum software translates a 'B' followed by a ')' to that shaded smiley. If you click that smiley on the left it's exactly that what gets inserted in your text.

This newfangled technology never fails to confuse me. Is there a plain text version of this site I can revert to?

No, the lo-fi version does the smiley translation too.

The easiest way to get the desired effect is using the "list" tag, like:

1. this,
  2. this and
  3. this.

regards.

Hein

The forum software translates a 'B' followed by a ')' to that shaded smiley. If you click that smiley on the left it's exactly that what gets inserted in your text.

No, the lo-fi version does the smiley translation too.

The easiest way to get the desired effect is using the "list" tag, like:

1. this,
  2. this and
  3. this.

regards.

Hein

I'm sure I've seen this post, and the previous one, before. They seem very familiar... maybe I just have some kind of ' gift ' and can see into the future. Not hugely useful if all I can see are random DL posts, but hey, a gift is a gift. :angry:

Anyway, I hope Bruno is well. :blink::D

I'm sure I've seen this post, and the previous one, before. They seem very familiar... maybe I just have some kind of ' gift ' and can see into the future. Not hugely useful if all I can see are random DL posts, but hey, a gift is a gift. :angry:

Anyway, I hope Bruno is well. :blink::D

Well, I posted something similar recently. Maybe I should add it to the DL HOWTO.

regards,

Hein

Well, I posted something similar recently. Maybe I should add it to the DL HOWTO.

regards,

Hein

Oh. So I guess I don't have a gift then. Well, maybe I do but I haven't discovered it yet. :blink: