Sign in to follow this  
Vinegar Tits

Sheila Rossall (Infamous Sick Girl From The Seventies)

Having not been around when this minor celebrity* first came to fame I'm amazed that someone could have such an interesting** condition. This only goes to prove that the media will indulge musicians*** for financial gain and those musicians will show their true colours****. Hopefully this ladies legacy***** will be a lesson to us all.

*attention whore

**utterly delusional perspective on life

***talentless proffessional wailers who've been in obscure bands

****her musical career was clearly a pile of spunk by eighties standards if she couldn't raise the standard fare to yankee town and some money for antideps

***** tragic legacy of self-indulgence, molly-coddling, delusion, publicity whoring, financial deciet and possibly hallucigens ending in it's ridiculous protaganist self infuced implosion

• Like 3

Guest Grimmrpm999

The present population of planet earth have to deal with hundreds of chemical compounds that have been added to our environment in the last 150 years. They are in our clothes, furniture, cleaning and cosmetic products & technological devices. As if that wasn't enough to deal with, they are in the air we breath & food we eat. An increase in childhood allergy related problems is a possible indicator that these ARE having an effect on ALL of the planets life forms.

THINK I MIGHT BE STRETCHING HERE.

OK

Some real world examples that a quick search will give a wealth of information.

DDT

Thalidomide

Cellulose

Food additives

You might retract the she's a fake/Looney accusations if you do check some of the above. I have a friend that is unable to eat without checking every ingredient. He struggles to digest many snack foods that use certain "safe" additives.

Out of a school with around 2000 kids that I was at in the late 70's, there were half a dozen asthmatics, a couple of hay fever sufferers, 1 kid with eczema and NO nut allergy sufferers!

My grandson is in a class of 27 kids. 5 have asthma with 2 of those kids also having eczema. 3 hay fever sufferers. 2 nut, 1 egg allergics, 3 lactose/dairy intolerants and 3 kids have eczema. Thats aruond 2/3 of one class! If I scale these figures up, it looks like there is a whole generation now growing up with a heck of a lot of reactive conditions!

Out of a school with around 2000 kids that I was at in the late 70's, there were half a dozen asthmatics, a couple of hay fever sufferers, 1 kid with eczema and NO nut allergy sufferers!

My grandson is in a class of 27 kids. 5 have asthma with 2 of those kids also having eczema. 3 hay fever sufferers. 2 nut, 1 egg allergics, 3 lactose/dairy intolerants and 3 kids have eczema. Thats aruond 2/3 of one class! If I scale these figures up, it looks like there is a whole generation now growing up with a heck of a lot of reactive conditions!

As my grandma used to say, "You have to eat a peck of dirt before you die."

While I'm in favour of general cleanliness and hygiene, this is taken to obsessive levels by the Mumsnet generations, compared to when I was a nipper.

We need to give our immune systems something to do, or they will dwindle and fail.

I'd never heard of Sheila Rossall, by the way.

• Like 2

As my grandma used to say, "You have to eat a peck of dirt before you die."

While I'm in favour of general cleanliness and hygiene, this is taken to obsessive levels by the Mumsnet generations, compared to when I was a nipper.

We need to give our immune systems something to do, or they will dwindle and fail.

I'd never heard of Sheila Rossall, by the way.

You can throw the increasing tonnage (arf!) of lard-arseitis into that mix as well.

Much of the malaise - IMHO anyway - down to stuff started by their parents (over-protection/over-feeding).

And folks say we're sick!

• Like 2

Our 11 year old still likes to suck his thumb when he can get away with it. Down the years I hate to think of all the bugs he has injested, but you know what? He has none of these increasingly common modern intolerance conditions.

Gas central heating is what has seen the spike in the little darlings asthma.

Good.

Sheila was actually my second cousin and passed away in a psychiatric unit from cancer years ago now 

The only thing this fucking thread has been notable for is the number of halfwits that have joined just to tell us she's dead (we know, you cunt - read it) or that they were friends/relatives of the dumb, world-allergic MOR nonenity. 

Close it, for fucks sake.