Star Crossed

Strip The Moderaters Of Their Meagre Powers?

Just making sure - you do realize we are talking about moderaters and not moderators, right Phantom? Moderators would still have their powers. Gah this is confusing ;)

Yup, totally aware. Them that moderate the forums. He who shall not be named. Aiii Yog Sothoth.... the gate.. the key.. Fetch me my copy of the Necronomicon!!!

Phantom, stop playing the ignorant F*****t. This thread and the poll which you so badly misinterpreted, is about stripping the 3 "Moderaters", not the actual team of Moderators, of their powers.

If only a Moderator could adjust the vote-count to reflect your utter incomprehension...

While we're about it, could the Moderator who changed the poll options please remove the "Probably" option from the poll and move those votes to the "Yes" column? Much obliged.

Mind your language.

I may have to give you another warning.

Because I can!

Just making sure - you do realize we are talking about moderaters and not moderators, right Phantom? Moderators would still have their powers. Gah this is confusing ;)

Yup, totally aware. Them that moderate the forums. He who shall not be named. Aiii Yog Sothoth.... the gate.. the key.. Fetch me my copy of the Necronomicon!!!

Phantom, stop playing the ignorant F*****t. This thread and the poll which you so badly misinterpreted, is about stripping the 3 "Moderaters", not the actual team of Moderators, of their powers.

If only a Moderator could adjust the vote-count to reflect your utter incomprehension...

While we're about it, could the Moderator who changed the poll options please remove the "Probably" option from the poll and move those votes to the "Yes" column? Much obliged.

Mind your language.

Because I can!

Not for long, you pathetic little cuntwad.

Seeing as you've just kicked me 4 consecutive times (or was it Banshees?) out of the chat for no reason, I'd say the case for your Moderater "powers" is getting less credible by the minute. Dipshit, you're sealing your own fate.

Vote Yes to remove the Moderater class.

Mind your language.

Because I can!

Not for long, you pathetic little cuntwad.

Seeing as you've just kicked me 4 consecutive times (or was it Banshees?) out of the chat for no reason, I'd say the case for your Moderater "powers" is getting less credible by the minute. Dipshit, you're sealing your own fate.

Vote Yes to remove the Moderater class.

Get over yourself for god sake.

Everybody knows that we were on our way out a long time before you started this thread.

The only reason you brought it up was to attempt to make yourself look like someone who actually has a say in anything. When we eventually were scrapped you would have hailed it as your victory.

Just an arsewipe.

As far as I'm concerned, you and your shitty little kittens can F**k off somewhere else. You complain so much about virtually everything, I qustion why you still bother coming. You complain more than me and that takes some F*****g beating!

Stop PMing everyone you sad sad man.

Star Crossed, I voted "No" as I have no complaints with the 3 moderators that you appear to have a gripe against.

I'm not playing the ignorant f*****t as you claim.

My vote does not need to be adjusted and stands as it is.

You called for a poll and asked for people to vote, stop throwing your toys out of the pram just because someone votes against you.

Each time you complain at or about someone you start acting like a spoilt brat and become abusive.

I also see no reason why if someone votes "Probably" their vote should stand as they voted, as it means they are undecided.

It seems that this topic hasn't been adequately dealt with

Here a few thoughts from one Moderator:

If anyone can offer me a decent explanation as to their raison d'être, I will accept that they are a valid institution.

They are a valid institution because they were appointed by those who run this site. They don't need any more justification that that. This isn't the United Nations.

Tip for SC: Think- H-U-M-O-U-R.

I do not believe that any of the 3 current Moderaters (Windsor, Tempus Fugit and Banshees Scream) possess the wisdom, self-control or posting class to be considered as anything other than ordinary members. These are not people upon whom we want to bestow Moderator powers, so why are we pretending that they are?

Aye, opinions vary on the face of the earth. I've heard there are even some people out there who don't believe George W. Bush should be president of the USA, and he was democratically elected. Wasn't he?

I'm not sure what the current deathlist definition is, but I'd hazard to suggest that or old friend Johnny Irony has been at work here.

Deathlist isn't a democracy. (Except when its rulers want it to be).

Bang on, Mr. Fugit!

Is this that rarer form of fascism known as 'Liberal Fascism' at work here? <_<

TLC, you may have something there. I'll get back to you.

Yes Star Crossed, I did kick you last night but only for being completely rude to me for no reason whatsoever.

If you offend someone in the chat, you run the risk of getting kicked. Or you may just get kicked for fun. Doesn't do to take things too seriously now.

Just an arsewipe.

Not your best effort at a witty putdown Mr. Windsor. More likely to provoke anger than the necessary reflection.

You complain so much about virtually everything, I qustion why you still bother coming. You complain more than me and that takes some F*****g beating!

Yup.

You called for a poll and asked for people to vote, stop throwing your toys out of the pram just because someone votes against you.

Each time you complain at or about someone you start acting like a spoilt brat and become abusive.

Yup.

Get over yourself for god sake.

Everybody knows that we were on our way out a long time before you started this thread.

The only reason you brought it up was to attempt to make yourself look like someone who actually has a say in anything. When we eventually were scrapped you would have hailed it as your victory.

If and when the Moderaters get scrapped, StarCrossed can rest assured he had nothing to do with it. That is true.

Star Crossed: Stop getting so irate about our mischievous little moderaters. It's all just a bit of fun. And try not to say "post-whore" quite so often. It's not funny after a while.

Windsor: Stop provoking Star Crossed. He doesn't like it.

I've issued a couple of warnings and removed all signature pictures which involve kittens.

This thread will stay open until tomorrow (other mods permitting). Then it's getting deleted.

Tip for SC: Think- H-U-M-O-U-R.

It seems that this topic hasn't been adequately dealt with

I've issued a couple of warnings and removed all signature pictures which involve kittens.

Well, allow me to retort with the H-U-M-O-U-R of sarcasm...

Great work, NAP. That's the topic dealt with once and for all, then. Must be satifying, that. Almost Columbo-like, the way you tied up all those loose ends. No complaints from me. Brilliant! An inspired piece of Moderation.

A 20% warning and my (inoffensive) sig removed. Isn't that exactly the sort of pathetic sh*t you hired the Moderaters for?

The lowest form, I've been told.

Ever considered a career in moderatEing yourself, Star Crossed?

You are excellently qualified.

The lowest form, I've been told.

Ever considered a career in moderatEing yourself, Star Crossed?

You are excellently qualified.

Nice spellling.

OK, I've read it all (a quiet moment at work) and it is all becoming clear. It's just a storm in a teacup, nothing more.

I'm new to this forum and really don't care who shifts posts around and so on, and if posts of mine are deleted or whatever, who really cares. If I'm bumped from a chat room, well I guess I'll make myself a cup of tea or something. The whole moderator/moderater thing is no deal to me.

But I'm interested to know who's behind the forum and so who decides on who the moderater/ors are. I agree that this forum isn't, nor should be, a democracy. Just intrigued to know who the mastermind is. Not, actually, so much in the context of this discussion, but because I fancied getting in touch with him/her on some separate matters.

Play nicely, everybody...

I'm new to this forum and really don't care who shifts posts around and so on, and if posts of mine are deleted or whatever, who really cares. If I'm bumped from a chat room, well I guess I'll make myself a cup of tea or something. The whole moderator/moderater thing is no deal to me.

But I'm interested to know who's behind the forum and so who decides on who the moderater/ors are. I agree that this forum isn't, nor should be, a democracy. Just intrigued to know who the mastermind is. Not, actually, so much in the context of this discussion, but because I fancied getting in touch with him/her on some separate matters.

Play nicely, everybody...

The Grim Reaper is the main boss.

Followed by DWB.

Then Magere Hein.

Then the moderators.

Thats how it works.

I don't see a problem with the moderators, although I feel that we currently have enough and there is no need to create more unless the current ones become inactive. Nearly everyone on that list has earned my trust - especially the 2 year + veterans (like myself except with much higher post counts) like Cowboy Ronnie, Anubis the Jackal, heaven can wait, Rude Kid, Teddy, Yeti and even Josco is coming up on his 2 year anniversary on Sept. 20. Don't feel bad if I left some out, I probably didn't hit all of them. Ok, I admit, I was going to include The Four Horsemen but his profile photo scared me off. With special mention to Cowboy Ronnie and Rude Kid - who both had their fair share of arguments with me in my first few months at the DL in my rowdier days.

I am also approaching my first milestone here at my second home - my 500th post. I thought the day would never come, but it is fast approaching. Although it is about time seeing that I joined way back in June of 2004.

Also, I was reading back into my earlier posts when I first joined the DL. I can't believe what a ranter I was, especially on the Ronnie Reagan thread. Since I never offered any formal apology for my rantings/yellings/senseless attacks, I would like to offer one now especially to the Yeti and Rude Kid if they ever stop by any more these days - hats off to you chaps - it must have taken some courage.

While you're at it you can apologise for the juvenile April Fool turd. And if you are still a Republican - or at least think you are - you can apologise for that too, every day

Didn't like the April Fool's turd, huh? Well, I am afraid I can't apologi(z)(s)e for that one - it was far too funny.

I am still a republican though, but, that is as far as I will go into discussing politics with you here on the regular forum. If you want to argue(nothing wrong with a civili(z)(s)ed debate), there is always the private messaging feature. :)

OK, I've read it all (a quiet moment at work) and it is all becoming clear. It's just a storm in a teacup, nothing more.

That's about the long and short of it, Mr Josco.

Except it wouldn't hurt to add that in every conflict there exists, for all involved, the potential for learning a positive lesson.

Let us hope that wisdom prevails.

Except it wouldn't hurt to add that in every conflict there exists, for all involved, the potential for learning a positive lesson.

:)

That's a bit much.

:)

That's a bit much.

N.B. The potential is in the 'conflict'; to be accessed by those involved!

Let' see what you're all made of, folks B)

Let' see what you're all made of, folks :)

Roughly speaking, we're made of this.

Dear Kevin,

The human body is composed of:

96.2% of body weight comes from "organic elements" present in many

different forms. DNA, RNA proteins, lipids and sugars are all composed of

primarily O, C, H and N. Also, Water (H2O) and carbon

dioxide (CO2)as well as other small molecules involve these elements.

Oxygen (65.0%)

Carbon (18.5%)

Hydogen (9.5%)

Nitrogen (3.2%)

3.9% of body weight comes from elements present in the form of salts.

Don't be fooled by their minute quantities, they are very important for

the maintenance of homeostasis (meaning "well balanced organism").

Calcium is a major component of bones and teeth. Iron is necessary for

oxygen transport by red blood cells. Sulfur is present in most proteins

and potassium keeps your heart beating smoothly and regularly.

Calcium (1.5%)

Phosphorus (1.0%)

Potassium (0.4%)

Sulfur (0.3%)

Sodium (0.2%

Chlorine (0.2%)

Magnesium (0.1%)

Iodine (0.1%)

Iron (0.1%)

The trace elements compose less than 0.5% of total body weight but then

again, they are essential for homeostasis. Some of these elements are

cofactors of critical enzymes in the body (meaning that without them,

enzyme cannot work at all and that even low concentrations of them can make

the enzyme work very well.)

Chromium (trace)

Cobalt (trace)

Copper (trace)

Fluorine (trace)

Manganese (trace)

Molybdenum (trace)

Selenium (trace)

Tin (trace)

Vanadium (trace)

Zinc (trace)

As this thread will be deleted tonight, I'd just like to throw up a final, ironic italian salute to all those who disagree with me on this issue, eloquent as some of you may, indeed, be.

I hope we've all learned something from this episode. Most of all, however, I hope that the Moderater class will be stripped of their ridiculous powers as soon as possible, so we can all feel comfortable again, being shat on and manipulated only by those whose ability as moderators we respect.

A good evening to you all!

SC

I hope we've all learned something from this episode.

I think that we have all learned something from this episode.

I've learned that you are one hell of a back stabbing bastard who when overhearing something in a conversation, will attempt to use the said information to make themselves seem more influential.

I also learned that you are very hypocritical as well as being someone who thinks they are always right.

So in short, Mr. Star Crossed, I learned that we have much more in common than any of us could have ever imagined.

It's no wonder there's such animosity to the mods; by my reckoning Pulphack, Vinegar Tits, Alphonsin and Hackenslash are all journalists, probably not the only ones.

Editors man, overpaid, can't write as well as us, take the credit for all the journalists work....what do they do to justify that money? I wonder, was the voting in that poll influenced by what some of us do for a living?

It's no wonder there's such animosity to the mods; by my reckoning Pulphack, Vinegar Tits, Alphonsin and Hackenslash are all journalists, probably not the only ones.

Editors man, overpaid, can't write as well as us, take the credit for all the journalists work....what do they do to justify that money? I wonder, was the voting in that poll influenced by what some of us do for a living?

Perhaps you could all club together and start up a mini-cab firm.

You've got me DTTG; why would we want to do that, or have I missed an ironic gem here?

Oddly that's not always true these days.

Being able to write doesn't get you a job as much as knowing people does - hence you need editors to make it look like the well-known face can get away with it.

I would go into detail, but I don't particularly fancy a defamation suit.

Slightly off journalism, but I did once see the first manuscript of a well-known author. If I was told the person who "wrote" it was going to become a world-famous millionaire, I would have collapsed with laughter.

It made Jeffrey Archer's work look like Shakespeare...

I would go into detail, but I don't particularly fancy a defamation suit.

Likewise. I used to keep a file at work of the most terribly written stuff [after The Da Vinci Code] imaginable by various reporters. It became too much to bear, however, so I destroyed it. Yes, really...

Congratulations on your promotion, Mr Hopkins! :lol: