Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Mirza Tahir Hussain

Mirza Tahir Hussain - Brit, scheduled to be executed in Pakistan on November 1st, but he's already had three stays of execution.

Maybe a bit iffy on the famousness front.

Mirza Tahir Hussain - Brit, scheduled to be executed in Pakistan on November 1st, but he's already had three stays of execution.

He's bound to get a mention on the news purely because of the circumstances. but as for being "famous" I wouldn't say he qualifies on that aspect.

He's bound to get a mention on the news purely because of the circumstances. but as for being "famous" I wouldn't say he qualifies on that aspect.

Might be a possibility for the DDP.

He's got a 2-month stay of execution. I'll pencil him in for the DDP for 2007.

Look on the bright side CP, your man in Pakistan has been given a new exectution date of November 1st.

I think Mr. Hussain illustrates a good point about DL, namely that we're not betting on who we want to die, just who we think will die. Personally, I think there's some shady goings on with this whole trial thing and his conviction, but that doesn't change the fact that he's likely to be executed regardless. The justice side of me hopes that he'll live, the Deadpooling side of me realizes that the chances of that happening are slim. :lol:

Execution date delayed until December 31st

He's got a 2-month stay of execution. I'll pencil him in for the DDP for 2007.

I wonder what time of day executions are carried out in Pakistan? The time difference is +5GMT, so if Hussain gets hanged at nine o'clock at night local time, it will already be 2007 in the UK. (I think :lol:)

Would this qualify him for DDP points?

I wonder what time of day executions are carried out in Pakistan? The time difference is +5GMT, so if Hussain gets hanged at nine o'clock at night local time, it will already be 2007 in the UK. (I think :huh:)

Would this qualify him for DDP points?

Other way round, DDT.

If he gets executed at 9pm Pakistani time, it'll be 4pm here, 31st Dec 06.

Look on the bright side CP, your man in Pakistan has been given a new exectution date of November 1st.

I think Mr. Hussain illustrates a good point about DL, namely that we're not betting on who we want to die, just who we think will die. Personally, I think there's some shady goings on with this whole trial thing and his conviction, but that doesn't change the fact that he's likely to be executed regardless. The justice side of me hopes that he'll live, the Deadpooling side of me realizes that the chances of that happening are slim. :huh:

According to this report there is a chance he may be pardoned.

I think Mr. Hussain illustrates a good point about DL, namely that we're not betting on who we want to die, just who we think will die. Personally, I think there's some shady goings on with this whole trial thing and his conviction, but that doesn't change the fact that he's likely to be executed regardless. The justice side of me hopes that he'll live, the Deadpooling side of me realizes that the chances of that happening are slim. :skull:

According to this report there is a chance he may be pardoned.

This is turning into Art Buchwald all over again. :huh:

[New topic consolidated from two threads -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

While we're on the subject of condemned prisoners (and to keep this post relevant, I've seen conflicting reports that claim he's to be executed on December 31 and "sometime in January 2007"), Shoko Asahara.

Actually, I'm just curious why OoO thinks he'll be dead (ie. executed) within 6 months. Not doubting, just curious, as I think he could make a fun DL candidate. Usually authorities don't make execution dates easy to find as, as we can see in Hussain's case, even when they do it's not usually helpful.

Also, while we're at it, if you could find an execution date for Cool C OoO, that would be nice. <_<

CP:

The evidence:

http://www.terrorism.com/modules.php?op=mo...e&sid=66342

http://english.newslab.ru/news/201205/

http://nosanction.blogspot.com/2006/09/sho...e-executed.html

and in more detail:-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25689-2359733.html

Note:

He will be woken from his prison cell one morning and hanged in Japanese style - in secret, with no more than a few hours warning, and without any advance notice being given to his family or his lawyers.

So one day we'll wake up to a nice surprise. <_<

The execution date could've been delayed by a further appeal/injuction straight after the decision in September. That hasn't happened, thus speeding up Shoko's shocker of a demise.

CP:

The evidence:

http://www.terrorism.com/modules.php?op=mo...e&sid=66342

http://english.newslab.ru/news/201205/

http://nosanction.blogspot.com/2006/09/sho...e-executed.html

and in more detail:-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25689-2359733.html

Note:

He will be woken from his prison cell one morning and hanged in Japanese style - in secret, with no more than a few hours warning, and without any advance notice being given to his family or his lawyers.

So one day we'll wake up to a nice surprise. <_<

The execution date could've been delayed by a further appeal/injuction straight after the decision in September. That hasn't happened, thus speeding up Shoko's shocker of a demise.

Excellent! I highly reccomend him for DL then. Though I know DL has a policy against criminals to be executed, he is

a) Global, as we can see by the breadth of articles

b ) Notable, given his gas attacks and his desires to see nuclear devices

c) Interesting, a blind cult leader is always a fun subject of discussion

d) Going to die, clearly!

Final word from me for now:

Of course, executions are a risk.

I have a good record with executions, as Clarence Ray Allen proved. But Michael Morales' escaped the same fate in February, much to the despair, I imagine of Tim R who chose the latter, not the former, as his joker.

Also, there were many of us who thought Norman Kember would be executed, but not a jot of it. Mirza Tahir Hussain could go both ways yet.

Asahara, at least, WILL be executed, the only question is precisely WHEN.

FWIW, he's going on my DDP list from now on as I think the risk of leaving him off is too great. The only way I might is if there is suddenly an influx of cast-iron 100% excellent DDP picks (ie Rawls, Fender), but at 51 ish, I think Asahara is a risk worth taking.