Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Time Traveler

Oh dear :( Nothing worse than living near fans....fanatics?

Fans or fanatics?

Are they not borderline Cretins?

The house across the road from me is named 'Tardis' and has a Tardis in the garden. I haven't met the occupants yet as I've only been here a couple of weeks, but no doubt they are knobs.

Oh dear :blink: Nothing worse than living near fans....fanatics?

Try living with them.

Apparently there are several people (predominately Welsh?) who may have the same unfortunate luck regards neighbours as yourself.

Call that a Tardis - they can't even fit a bed in it!

A Welsh obssession?

There's a website dedicated to Readers Sheds!!! Whatever next, a site that likes to second guess when people die?

You too can find many images of Tardi* in gardens simply by searching Taris and Garden in google. The internet hey, who says you can live without it.

*If a linguistic expert would like to confirm that this is indeed the plural of Tardis I would be most grateful. Also what would be the collective noun?

The house across the road from me is named 'Tardis' and has a Tardis in the garden. I haven't met the occupants yet as I've only been here a couple of weeks, but no doubt they are knobs.

Maybe they've gone on holiday to Gallefray (sic?). Start to worry when one of them shows up looking uncannily like the Tom Baker Doctor and one of the glamorous assistants (take your pick there), while their children run round the garden dressed as Cybermen. Now that would scare me and make me think I was in Eerie, Indiana!

Apparently there are several people (predominately Welsh?) who may have the same unfortunate luck regards neighbours as yourself.

A Welsh obssession?

There's a website dedicated to Readers Sheds!!! Whatever next, a site that likes to second guess when people die?

You too can find many images of Tardi* in gardens simply by searching Taris and Garden in google. The internet hey, who says you can live without it.

*If a linguistic expert would like to confirm that this is indeed the plural of Tardis I would be most grateful. Also what would be the collective noun?

I am not a linguistic expert, nor am I one of that strange sallow clan who refer to themselves as "Whovians", but I do know that TARDIS is an acronym, and therefore should be pluralized as "Tardises".

For the collective noun, may I suggest a "nonsense of Tardises"? Or perhaps a "bonfire of Tardises" would be a more pleasing image?

A Welsh obssession?

I am not a linguistic expert, nor am I one of that strange sallow clan who refer to themselves as "Whovians", but I do know that TARDIS is an acronym, and therefore should be pluralized as "Tardises".

For the collective noun, may I suggest a "nonsense of Tardises"? Or perhaps a "bonfire of Tardises" would be a more pleasing image?

Thank-you! I'd definitely go with the bonfires. Thankfully I have never watched a full episode of Dr Who to know that it was an acronym. Neither have I watched Star Wars. Nor Star Trek. As a scientist I am a rare breed. One that takes no interest in Sci-Fi whatsoever is hard to find yet here I am.

Fortean Times devoting a fair chunk of two issues to the whole time-travel/aliens/Titor thing. Haven't read it myself yet, but will do soon.

Given that they're concentrating on space alien and fantastical claims of time travel I doubt they'll go for the under-stated Kylan Masters who appears to have limited his claim to filing one book with an online publisher before clearing off to the future. You can help yourself to a few pages of that here. Utter cobblers, of course, but maybe BS or one of his aliases sees it differently.

Is today International Scientific Bullshit Day? First that stupid Big Bang machine, now this. Time travel isn't possible. The closest you could get is to be put to sleep so your body doesn't get older, then wake up in a few years, like how Ripley and Co travelled through space in the Alien films. You can't go back in time. I don't care about light speed or bending the space/time continuum, or any of that crap.

Speaking of the Big Bang machine, here's The Independent's take. I keep expecting to read a 1 April dateline for the article.

If there really is a Big Bang you can bet they'll all jump into their bank vaults

Is today International Scientific Bullshit Day? First that stupid Big Bang machine, now this. Time travel isn't possible. The closest you could get is to be put to sleep so your body doesn't get older, then wake up in a few years, like how Ripley and Co travelled through space in the Alien films. You can't go back in time. I don't care about light speed or bending the space/time continuum, or any of that crap.

Speaking of the Big Bang machine, here's The Independent's take. I keep expecting to read a 1 April dateline for the article.

If there really is a Big Bang you can bet they'll all jump into their bank vaults

Well according to some Scientists Time Travel is feasable but so is getting a Mouse to roger an Elephant.

Mary, I have read the latest FT, decent enough article but you would have read it all before.

Time Travel would be brilliant, Id go back to the night of January 6th 1983 and lie in wait for the bastard that stole my Dads car. I would relish the opportunity to kick his f*****g head in.

We can all dream.

Well according to some Scientists Time Travel is feasable but so is getting a Mouse to roger an Elephant.

Mary, I have read the latest FT, decent enough article but you would have read it all before.

Time Travel would be brilliant, Id go back to the night of January 6th 1983 and lie in wait for the bastard that stole my Dads car. I would relish the opportunity to kick his f*****g head in.

We can all dream.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back to the evening of 30th September 1998 and give myself the message "Don't go downstairs!"....

We can all dream.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back to the evening of 30th September 1998 and give myself the message "Don't go downstairs!"....

Well come on, tell the story then, you can't just leave us hanging like that! What happened on 30th September 1998 downstairs?

Well come on, tell the story then, you can't just leave us hanging like that! What happened on 30th September 1998 downstairs?

He and we will never know, because he was met by another MiB on the stairway who prevented his descent. Kind of obvious really.

He and we will never know, because he was met by another MiB on the stairway who prevented his descent. Kind of obvious really.

Ah, but only if he had a time machine and since he can't remember being prevented from going downstairs by himself, he did in fact go downstairs to whatever awaited. The fact that he went downstairs without confronting himself seems reasonable proof that going back in time is not going to happen in MiB's lifetime (unless the service was very expensive and beyond his pocket). Besides, since he did go down stairs there is no point going back and trying to stop it because it happened.

Ah, but only if he had a time machine and since he can't remember being prevented from going downstairs by himself, he did in fact go downstairs to whatever awaited. The fact that he went downstairs without confronting himself seems reasonable proof that going back in time is not going to happen in MiB's lifetime (unless the service was very expensive and beyond his pocket). Besides, since he did go down stairs there is no point going back and trying to stop it because it happened.

Right, thanks for that, it's all totally clear now.

Read the Fortean Times stuff on time travel on the way to Scunthorpe yesterday. Highly entertaining and the stuff on Titor as good as suggested a team behind the hoax with ambitions of making highly lucrative creative content on the back of their online blatherings. Would recommend any regular on this thread to read that edition.

So what did happen downstairs on September 30 1998 MIB? C'mon, tell us.

Surely going to Scunthorpe gives a good approximation of using a time machine?

Read the Fortean Times stuff on time travel on the way to Scunthorpe yesterday.

There - sort of - was an odd time effect at Scunny, a slight deja vu from two seasons ago when we penned them back for much of the game and lost to some needlessly leaked goals.