Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Do you guys at TROSAS have a website?

Perhaps one with a forum which we could pollute with semi-literate bullcrap?

Fair is fair, y'know.

:old:

. . . and I assume I will be able to log-in under half a dozen names or more and start a conversation with myself.

As the great Potato says: "Fair is Fair!"

DWB :sicktherm:

Guest Eric

Fair is fair, y'know.

. . . and I assume I will be able to log-in under half a dozen names or more and start a conversation with myself.

There are more than 200,000 of us in memership at the RO'S AS, we don't need to talk to ourselves!

Fair is fair, y'know.

There are more than 200,000 of us in memership at the RO'S AS, we don't need to talk to ourselves!

Just share a computer, eh?

DWB B)

And one very small brain.

You mean brain cell

You mean brain cell

Maybe even prison cell, or come to think of it padded cell.

The reason a lot of us (not all) have the same ISP maybe because we are using the computers at the HQ of The Richard O Sullivan Appreciation Society, where we nip to on our days off, weekends, lunch breaks, etc to enjoy a swin, game of tennis, and indeed our Dickie O Videos and DVDS!!

Days down there must be so busy you're struggling to fit in those all important lessons on spelling, punctuation and grammar.

Culled from a comedy central web site, the details below relate to Trouble In Mind. 1991 vintage and Dickie O's final television series, not one mentioned by our posting pals from his - ahem - Appreciation Society.

Summary

Adam Charlesworth (Richard O'Sullivan) is a psychiatrist who is married to Julia (Susan Penhaligan).

Their children have left home and Julia has started a lanscape gardening business with Stanley Chambers (Jim McManus).

Adam is suffering a midlife crisis and planning to have a vasectomy.

Because of poor viewing figures, the series was cancelled in mid-run. The remaining episodes were shown some months later

The reason a lot of us (not all) have the same ISP maybe because we are using the computers at the HQ of The Richard O Sullivan Appreciation Society, where we nip to on our days off, weekends, lunch breaks, etc to enjoy a swin, game of tennis, and indeed our Dickie O Videos and DVDS!!

Days down there must be so busy you're struggling to fit in those all important lessons on spelling, punctuation and grammar.

Oh, you must be talking about the Man About The Clubhouse?

Guest Dickie O's Number 1 Fan

Fair is fair, y'know.

:lol:

DWB :)

DWB :lol:

No, you fool, they are all linked to a network.

Guest Dickie O's #1 Fan

Nah mate, we some of us just don't treat this forum like a english paper, or run a spellchecker like you, lol

Guest RO'S AS Member
Culled from a comedy central web site, the details below relate to Trouble In Mind. 1991 vintage and Dickie O's final television series, not one mentioned by our posting pals from his - ahem - Appreciation Society.

Summary

Adam Charlesworth (Richard O'Sullivan) is a psychiatrist who is married to Julia (Susan Penhaligan).

Their children have left home and Julia has started a lanscape gardening business with Stanley Chambers (Jim McManus).

Adam is suffering a midlife crisis and planning to have a vasectomy.

Because of poor viewing figures, the series was cancelled in mid-run. The remaining episodes were shown some months later

lol! That wasn't his last TV show. He was on TV till 1997-8, making new shows. A good series tho. Us here at RO'S AS must dig out the video tapes and give it a good viewing, been ages since i saw that!

There are some kind words to be found here:

Dick Turpin is a brilliant ride and master swordsman..

Here's a picture just for you, Alan:

dickturpininside7iv.th.jpg

Richard O'Sullivan engaged in thoroughly convincing fisticuffs

He was on TV till 1997-8, making new shows

Apart from the one-off dark comedy 'Holed' in 1996 which wasn't 'his' show, just a film and a guest appearance playing himself in a later film which 'new shows' did he make into the mid-nineties?

a guest appearance playing himself in a later film

Credit where it's due - I have it on good authority that he was reasonably convincing in that role

They tried a dozen other actors but they were all too good and convinced nobody they were Richard O'Sullivan.

He was on TV till 1997-8, making new shows

Apart from the one-off dark comedy 'Holed' in 1996 which wasn't 'his' show, just a film and a guest appearance playing himself in a later film which 'new shows' did he make into the mid-nineties?

Man About Brinsworth House?? :o

Guest Peter

Richard O'S is one of the most seen people ever on TV, so no matter what you say, he is a legend!

Well if we use that criteria the cat strolling along the roof and opening Coronation Street for years is a bigger legend than Dickie O could ever hope to be.

The Test Card Girl (with the clown and the blackboard) would possibly give the Corrie Cat a run for its money.

Both girl and clown displayed marginally more talent than Mr O'Sullivan.

The Test Card Girl (with the clown and the blackboard) would possibly give the Corrie Cat a run for its money.

:o

I haven't seen those two for ages - are they still in use?

Nope

She turns up every once in a while on those 'I've got a secret' types of programmes and/or articles in the press. She's in her forties now. Think the clown is long gone to a landfill somewhere.

:o

I haven't seen those two for ages - are they still in use?

180px-BBC-TCF.jpg

The girl is Carole Hersee, the daughter of George Hersee who designed the test card.

Sadly, test cards seem to be on the decline.