Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Personally I'd rather see him drag up & do Princess Di, but then that is just my opinion &, to be frank, I haven't been feeling that great of late.

Still no bloody autograph.

I think he might be ignoring me- I mean, how ill is he if he's not answering his post?

Gosh, does that therefore configure that Dicky O' is more popular than the Pope?

Heh, & you said Dicky was crap!

Still no autograph yet, by the way. :rolleyes:

Still a long way to go before Mr. O'Sullivan's thread overtakes Pope John Paul's, in either posts or views. But with more inane posts like my one here, we'll be there in no time. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
You know I don't think I've actually posted much in here. So it's as good a place as any for my 250th post

Congratulations Handrejka! 113.gif

You are an example to us all that is is not necessary to publish every sigh and giggle in order to have a(n) unique and significant personality on the fora.

Thank you xx

Sorry that was me. Forgot to log in.

To save popping back and forth listed below are all of Richard O'Sullivan's works as listed on the IMDB. I defy anyone to find any point at which he (as opposed to things he was in) was any good.

Actor - filmography

(1990s) (1980s) (1970s) (1960s) (1950s)

Holed (1996) .... Henry

"Trouble in Mind" (1991) TV Series .... Adam Charlesworth

Mr. H Is Late (1988) (TV) .... Breakfasting neighbour

"Me and My Girl" (1984) TV Series .... Simon Harrap

"Dick Turpin" (1979) TV Series .... Dick Turpin

"Robin's Nest" (1977) TV Series .... Robin Tripp

Man About the House (1974) .... Robin Tripp

Can You Keep It Up for a Week? (1974) .... Mr. Rose

"Man About the House" (1973) TV Series .... Robin Tripp

"Alcock and Gander" (1972) TV Series .... Richard Gander

"Doctor in Charge" (1972) TV Series .... Dr. Lawrence Bingham

Au Pair Girls (1972) .... Stephen

Father Dear Father (1972) .... Richard

"Now Look Here" (1971) TV Series .... Keith (1971)

"Doctor at Large" (1971) TV Series .... Dr. Lawrence Bingham

... aka Doctor in the House

The Lie (1970) (TV) .... Whiteley

... aka Play for Today: The Lie (UK: series title)

Futtocks End (1970) .... The Boots

Friends in High Places (1969) (TV) .... Third Angel

The Haunted House of Horror (1969) .... Peter

... aka Horror House (USA)

... aka The Dark

A Dandy in Aspic (1968) .... Nevil

"Great Expectations" (1967) TV Series .... Herbert Pocket

"Foreign Affairs" (1966) TV Series .... Taplow

The Connoisseur (1966) (TV) .... Christopher Tenterden

... aka Wednesday Play: The Connoisseur (UK: series title)

Every Day's a Holiday (1965) .... Jimmy

... aka Seaside Swingers (USA)

... aka The Adventures of Tim (UK: video title)

Wonderful Life (1964) .... Edward

... aka Swingers' Paradise (USA)

The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (1964) (TV) .... George Ransley

... aka Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow (USA: theatrical title)

Cleopatra (1963) .... Ptolemy

The Prince and the Pauper (1962) (TV)

The Webster Boy (1962) .... Jimmy Webster

... aka Middle of Nowhere

Spare the Rod (1961) .... Fred Harkness

The Young Ones (1961) .... Ernest

... aka Wonderful to Be Young! (USA)

And Women Shall Weep (1960) .... Godfrey Lumsden

A Story of David (1960) (TV) .... Abiathar

Carry On Teacher (1959) .... Robin Stevens

The Nun's Story (1959) (uncredited) .... Pierre (brother of Gabrielle)

Witness in the Dark (1959) .... Don Theobold

The Highwayman (1958) (TV) .... Luke

Dangerous Exile (1957) .... Louis XVII/Richard de Beauvais

No Time for Tears (1957) .... William

It's Great to Be Young! (1956) .... Lawson

Jacqueline (1956) .... Michael

"The Adventures of Robin Hood" (1955) TV Series .... Prince Arthur

... aka Robin Hood

The Dark Avenger (1955) .... Holland Boy

... aka The Warriors (USA)

Dance Little Lady (1955) .... Peter

Make Me an Offer (1955) .... Charlie as a Boy

Eterna femmina, L' (1954)

The Green Scarf (1954) .... Child Jacques

The Secret (1954) .... John Martin

The Stranger's Hand (1952) .... Roger Court

... aka Mano del straniero, La (Italy)

... aka Mano dello straniero, La (Italy)

Filmography as: Actor, Composer, Archive Footage, Notable TV Guest Appearances

Composer - filmography

"Robin's Nest" (1977) TV Series

Archive Footage

The Unforgettable Yootha Joyce (2001) (TV)

Notable TV Guest Appearances

"This Is Your Life" playing "Himself" in episode: "George Layton" 18 January 1999

"Fantasy World Cup" playing "Himself" (episode # 1.6) 18 June 1998

"The Hypnotic World of Paul McKenna" (episode # 2.2) 31 October 1994

"Telly Addicts" playing "Himself" (episode # 9.3) 20 September 1993

"This Is Your Life" playing "Himself" in episode: "Richard O'Sullivan" (episode # 15.6) 11 December 1974

"Thirty-Minute Theatre" playing "Second Lieutenant Auden" in episode: "Me MacKenna" (episode # 1.199) 8 February 1971

"Strange Report" playing "Perk" in episode: "Kidnap: Whose Pretty Girl Are You" (episode # 1.14) 28 December 1969

"Dixon of Dock Green" playing "Cris Patros" in episode: "Protest" (episode # 16.5) 4 October 1969

"Galton and Simpson Comedy" playing "3rd Angel" in episode: "Friends in High Places" 26 April 1969

"Thirty-Minute Theatre" in episode: "A Question of Honour" (episode # 1.109) 26 June 1968

"The Ronnie Barker Playhouse" playing "Arthur" in episode: "The Incredible Mister Tanner" (episode # 1.4) 24 April 1968

"Dixon of Dock Green" playing "Geoffrey Saunders" in episode: "The Party" (episode # 14.7) 11 November 1967

"The Wednesday Play" playing "Mark" in episode: "Who's Going to Take Me On?" (episode # 1.81) 8 February 1967

"The Wednesday Play" in episode: "The Connoisseur" (episode # 1.59) 4 May 1966

"Danger Man" playing "Aldo Shargis" in episode: "Two Birds with One Bullet" (episode # 3.1) 10 March 1966

"Redcap" playing "Duffy" in episode: "The Boys of B Company" (episode # 1.8) 5 December 1965

"Disneyland" playing "George Ransley" in episode: "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh: Part 3" (episode # 10.19) 23 February 1964

"Disneyland" playing "George Ransley" in episode: "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh: Part 2" (episode # 10.18) 16 February 1964

"Disneyland" playing "George Ransley" in episode: "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh: Part 1" (episode # 10.17) 9 February 1964

"Disneyland" playing "Hugo" in episode: "The Prince and the Pauper: Part 3" (episode # 8.24) 25 March 1962

"Disneyland" playing "Hugo" in episode: "The Prince and the Pauper: Part 2" (episode # 8.23) 18 March 1962

"Disneyland" playing "Hugo" in episode: "The Prince and the Pauper: Part 1" (episode # 8.22) 11 March 1962

"The DuPont Show of the Month" in episode: "Treasure Island" (episode # 3.7) 5 March 1960

"The Four Just Men" playing "Pietro" in episode: "The Man with the Golden Touch" (episode # 1.15) 7 January 1959

"Sword of Freedom" playing "Alberto" in episode: "The Chart of Gold" (episode # 1.23) 1957

"Colonel March of Scotland Yard" playing "Roger" in episode: "Terror at Daybreak" (episode # 1.18) 17 July 1956

"Sherlock Holmes" playing "Andrew Fenwick" in episode: "The Case of the Unlucky Gambler" (episode # 1.37) 18 July 1955

Though he doesn't seem to have listed his appearence in a St Ettienne video in the early 90's .I think it was the promo for "Your In A Bad Way" but I can't find it listed anywhere. Have I simply imagineered this contribution to Indie ? can any DL'ers help ?

Whether you think he was good or not, there's no denying that that's a pretty impressive body of work- either with or without the St. Etienne video.

'Impressive body of work!'

Dunno about that. It's like registering the vast amount of time Cliff Richard has resided in the UK charts and deciding on that basis he's an artist. Dickie O' is a popular lightweight, the television equivalent of 'Take a Break' magazine....in my opinion.

Fair enough... for impressive read copious.

I was actually commenting on the quantity, as against the quality...

Richard has a CV that Brando might have envied (or should that be Barnado).

The most amazing thing in it? ........... well it appears that George Layton once had a 'This is Your Life' to himself. How did that happen?

Richard has a CV that Brando might have envied (or should that be Barnado).

The most amazing thing in it? ........... well it appears that George Layton once had a 'This is Your Life' to himself. How did that happen?

I would have thought the most amazing things in it come near the end-Fantasy Football, Paul McKenna.

Richard has a CV that many actors would envy simply because he kept working and kept earning decent money. But that's not exactly the point. There are others featured as the subject of threads here for whom we show respect because they achieved things. Even a few jobbing thesps like Al - Granpa Munster - Lewis is treated with a certain affection.

Brando - for all his excesses and desperate later films - created some work that's undisputably classic.

Guest frank
Richard has a CV that many actors would envy simply because he kept working and kept earning decent money. But that's not exactly the point. There are others featured as the subject of threads here for whom we show respect because they achieved things. Even a few jobbing thesps like Al - Granpa Munster - Lewis is treated with a certain affection.

Brando - for all his excesses and desperate later films - created some work that's undisputably classic.

dickie o is a great actor, better than brando by a long shot !

I think the clue is in the timing of the post... damn these new 24 hour drinking laws. :D

Guest Guest

How exaclty did you work that out? What Dickie O performance ranks with Brando's in the Godfather, On The Waterfront, or Reflections in A Golden Eye?

Fool.

How exaclty did you work that out? What Dickie O performance ranks with Brando's in the Godfather, On The Waterfront, or Reflections in A Golden Eye?

Fool.

Have you not seen his Imdb entry?

Can You Keep It Up for a Week? (1974) .... Mr. Rose

Surely the very essence of Stanislavskian 'deep method' acting, a performance which ranks with Oliviers' Hamlet in the annals of thespian greatness, do you not agree?

Guest Toke Deltorso

Dick is a gent, Brando was a fat pillock no more. :lol:

I regard him a great actor. I thought he was magnificent in the Godfather films.

Brando was a fat pillock no more

Toke, I weep for you Man, I'm not defending the later films but check out some of the stuff when he was thin......honest, it's worth the effort.

Ah, the old O'Sullivan/ Brando who was the better actor debate.

Most people plump for Brando, remembering his eight Academy Award nominations & two wins... but a quick reference check on the web will soon show you that Dicky O won the greater amount of awards:

Academy Awards Nominations-

Best supporting child actor- Carry On Teacher

Best Supporting Actor- Spare the Rod

Best Supporting Actor- And Women Shall Weep

Academy Award Wins- Every Day's A Holiday, Futtocks End & Au Pair Girls (Best Actor)

TV Quick Magazine Awards 1976- Winner of the sitcom cheeky boy award.

FHM Men of the Year Awards 1975- Winner of the I Wanna Be the Scrawny Get Living With Two Hot Pieces of Totty award.

1977 Vidal Sassoon Fasion Awards- Winner of the Best Sideburns with Grey Tints Category

TV Times Awards 1979- Best Drama Programme (Dick Turpin)

TV Times Awards 1979- Most Fanciable Male in the Dad's Best Mate Category

The 1980 Radio Broadcasting Awards- The Dicky O' Show! (Radio 1)

The 1981 American Adult Video Awards- Best Money Shot ( As the Pizza Delivery Guy in Here Cums Dick)

1983 BAFTA Award for Best Documentary- Richard O'Sullivan explores the lives of nuns (Man About The Convent)

TV Awards 1984- Best Police Series (Hawaii Dicky O)

The 1985 BBC Lifetime Award for Pissing Off Tony Blackburn

TV Awards 1986- Best Crime Drama (Private Dick)

1989 BAFTA Award for his portrayal of a man coming to terms with testicular cancer in Robin's Test(es)

TV Soap Awards 1992- Best Newcomer (Playing Dirty Den's long lost brother, Robin Watts in EastEnders)

TV Soap Awards 1992- Most Fanciable Male

TV Soap Awards 1994- Best Storyline (Robin Watts living with Dot Cotton & Ethel Skinner)

TV Soap Awards 1994- Most Fanciable Male

TV Quick Soap Awards 1995- Best Storyline (Robin Watts taking over the cafe & running it with the wife of a Radio Walford disc jockey)

TV Quick Soap Awards 1995- Most Fanciable Male

TV Soap Awards 1996- Best Soap Exit (Robin Watts being beaten to death in the Arches after coming out & declaring his love for Phil)

ITV Comedy Awards 1997- Best Sitcom (I Lived With Two Horny Bints in the 70's & Never Got A Dose)

The BBC Award for Lifetime Contribution to the Entertainment Industry

Oh, & let's not forget the theme music from Robin's Nest (which Dicky O' wrote) being number one in the charts from 1980-1987)

As we all know, Richard sadly retired from showbiz & his family rather cruelly tricked him into Brinsworth House on the premise that Paula Wilcox & Sally Thomsett were waiting for him there. Upon seeing that it was actually Charlie Drake & Tony Blackburn's mate Alan Freeman, Richard fell ill.

Brando/ O'Sullivan? No contest. Marlon would have killed for an eigth of Dicky O's success & recognition, so methinks the debate endeth here.

• Like 1

hi people i am new to this forum.. i am only 15 years of age probably the youngest person here? but i absolutely love man about the house and richard!! i was very upset when i heared he was ill and i wanted to get into contact with him.

anyone have any pictures or anything from MATH?

Will be greatly appreciated

thanks

dorit

TV Quick Magazine Awards 1976- Winner of the sitcom cheeky boy award.

FHM Men of the Year Awards 1975- Winner of the I Wanna Be the Scrawny Get Living With Two Hot Pieces of Totty award.

1977 Vidal Sassoon Fasion Awards- Winner of the Best Sideburns with Grey Tints Category

TV Times Awards 1979- Most Fanciable Male in the Dad's Best Mate Category

Funniest thing ever. Thanks