Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

My first few thoughts were - Where and what will Tempus Fugit go and accomplish now?

Banshees, I can't tell you how touched,

and slightly disturbed I am that your first few thoughts were of me.

My first few thoughts were - Where and what will Tempus Fugit go and accomplish now?

Banshees, I can't tell you how touched,

and slightly disturbed I am that your first few thoughts were of me.

I must admit I can't even imagine how disturbed your first thoughts

were when you clicked www.deathlist.net and all you could see was

"Page Can Not Be Displayed" :unsure:

I must admit I can't even imagine how disturbed your first thoughts

were when you clicked www.deathlist.net and all you could see was

"Page Can Not Be Displayed"  :unsure:

Let me assure you my first thoughts were no more disturbed than they normally are. :blink:

We've been back in business long enough and still no drive by Dickie ranters inspired by their man's brief burst of belated fame via a repeat. I'm tellin' ya, if he doesn't die soon the papers will totally ignore him.

963clerichardosullivan0014rb.jpg

Dickie O' as Ptolemy in Taylor and Burton's 1963 epic Cleopatra.

Doesn't he look lovely :lol:

Aye, but they hired him to make sure there was someone on-set incapable of stealing scenes from a drunk Liz Taylor.

Hi, I'm new btw. And I think it's awful news about Richard O'Sullivan. He was so funny in Man About The House and I didn't know that he was in a nursing home. That's dreadful for someone like that. :o

Guest Toke Deltorso
Hi, I'm new btw. And I think it's awful news about Richard O'Sullivan. He was so funny in Man About The House and I didn't know that he was in a nursing home. That's dreadful for someone like that. ;)

Its a shame ain't it.

That's dreadful for someone like that

It's not good for anyone. Welcome aboard, it's been a tradition around these parts for Richard O' Sullivan obsessives to big up the man's talent and fame before vanishing in the face of the mighty wit and intelligence gathered on the Deathlist. Your spelling and puntuation look pretty good. Are you sure you're a Richard O' Sullivan fan?

why is this thread so popular ?

Is he ill ?

Is he old (greater than 90) ?

Does he have Cancer ?

Whats the attraction..?...I dont get it...just because he is in a home.....?

Is he ill ?

Does he have Cancer ?

because people keep on posting to it and it seem to attract a fair amount of ranters :evil2:

Guest Toke Deltorso

Is he ill ?

Does he have Cancer ?

because people keep on posting to it and it seem to attract a fair amount of ranters :evil2:

JEP ;)

A couple of reasons occur to me:

1 - Most of his best known work was transparently vacuous crap and many current DL posters grew up loathing it, or at least finding it annoying and now - frankly - it's payback time.

2 - Taking on and trashing the drive-by Dickie-fuelled ranter(s) posting hereabouts is fun and gives the regular DL'ers that same guilty pleasure you get playing football with a three year old and tackling them with ease.

Whatever, this thread'll see 1000 posts I reckon.

Hi, I'm new btw. And I think it's awful news about Richard O'Sullivan. He was so funny in Man About The House and I didn't know that he was in a nursing home. That's dreadful for someone like that. :blink:

You've kind of missed the general tone of the thread Bijou. Look up ^^^^.

963clerichardosullivan0014rb.jpg

Dickie O' as Ptolemy in Taylor and Burton's 1963 epic Cleopatra.

Doesn't he look lovely :blink:

Great photo Tempus.

A couple of reasons occur to me:

1 - Most of his best known work was transparently vacuous crap and many current DL posters grew up loathing it, or at least finding it annoying and now - frankly - it's payback time.

2 - Taking on and trashing the drive-by Dickie-fuelled ranter(s) posting hereabouts is fun and gives the regular DL'ers that same guilty pleasure you get playing football with a three year old and tackling them with ease.

Whatever, this thread'll see 1000 posts I reckon.

A fourth reason could be the fact that Mary and I are trying to keep this thread as active as possible. Admitedly that may be linked to hating MATH in the 70's etc, but I am too young to have seen it first time round.

Maybe in my case it is just morbid curiosity.

Millie

Are we trying to keep this thread as active as possible, dunno, how about we post a few comments to each other until we can decide on that one?

ive been off work all over christmas and have had to endure man about the house everyday, (not my own choice)one of the episodes today was from 1975, they was moaning about spending £16 on food shopping for the week ! christ i wish my food shopping was £16 every week, id give my right arm for that !! :blink:

I get the impression 'Man About the House' isn't doing it for you. There's a few things from 1975 we wouldn't want back, The Bay City Rollers, unemployment and strikes on a major scale, Dickie O.

Please stay around on the DL and join us in heaping abuse upon his meagre talents and twilight existence.

I get the impression 'Man About the House' isn't doing it for you. There's a few things from 1975 we wouldn't want back, The Bay City Rollers, unemployment and strikes on a major scale, Dickie O.

Please stay around on the DL and join us in heaping abuse upon his meagre talents and twilight existence.

I quite enjoyed being on strike, standing round a brazier and picketing. They were good times when the bosses had to respect their employees and couldn't make them work all hours.

So everyday you were out on strike your bosses were inside just.........

Waiting for Godot.

Arf

They were waiting a long time.

I'm tellin' ya Harvester, there's more comedy, depth and pathos in your post than an entire season of Man About the House.