Guest IYG

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, How long can they Carry On?

I'd seen the same report, it's worth noting Nash says:

an early diagnosis of the disease potentially saved his life.

So next year it'll be them all holding on for his recovery, neatly timed with the end of Neil Young's European tour before the four of them clean up with another massive US tour, or summat.

Deja Vu tour movie of their last US tour, due to premier at Sundance. Whether it'll be their epitaph, we can't say.

Neil is onstage in Manchester tomorrow night, Mrs MPFC and The Voice of Young Maryport will also be in attendance. Everything I've heard about this tour suggests the man is on fire and showing no evidence of ill health or slowing down. I'll keep yers posted.

Neil Young was alive and inspired last night, can't see me picking him on any deadpool soon.

I'll bet that the pasty looking heart risk that is S will be the first of CSN&Y to die.

Young is not the first musician to have a creature named after him. A species of beetle that looks as if it is wearing a tuxedo -- the whirligig beetle, or Orectochilus orbisonorum -- was named earlier this year after the late rock 'n' roll legend Roy Orbison and his widow Barbara.

The difference being that the beetle in question does look vaguely like the iconic Roy.

Incidentally, snagged a couple of tickets for NY at a festival in Kent this summer supported by My Morning Jacket, Rufus Wainwright, Supergrass and Primal Scream. The young 'un may miss a day's school to go on a 'work placement' with his dad and take in said gig as well.

Young was f*****g awesome and finished the main set with with a thundering 'No Hidden Path' only to come back for an encore in which he turned in a storming version of 'A Day In The Life' which ended with a thundering chord and Young breaking all six strings on his guitar and leaving it feeding back on the stage. I mean, nobody else aged 62 plays like that. Well worth the round trip, young MPFC thinks so too.

Of course, in the interests of impartiality, other channels are available are they not, Harry? :D

They are indeed, my pointy-eared friend. At a similar hour you could indulge yourself in Spendaholics and Celebrity Scissorhands on BBC3. :P

Of course, in the interests of impartiality, other channels are available are they not, Harry? :D

They are indeed, my pointy-eared friend. At a similar hour you could indulge yourself in Spendaholics and Celebrity Scissorhands on BBC3. :P

Might be a talking point at the pie and pint do the following day.

Taxi for MPFC to Hyde Park on June 27th now confirmed, the Voice of Young Maryport accompanying me. TVoYM is summat of an admirer of the work of Seasick Steve, who'll be supporting NY. Given Glasto, IOW and Hyde Park along with his other European dates, new album and ongoing release of his archives set it does appear Young is in rude health at present.

CSN are making a lowish key visit to the UK soon after, taking in the Albert Hall.

Plent of form studying beckons.

I could do with Neil Young dying before Glasto. I have tickets and can't believe the bunch of have-beens they have picked to headline.

I could do with Neil Young dying before Glasto. I have tickets and can't believe the bunch of have-beens they have picked to headline.

To be fair the the has beens, they've picked a trio - Blur, Springsteen and NY - famous for being able to turn in a good show, whether or not the crowd had come specifically to see them.

Be interested in your opinions on their performances, assuming you opt for music over the comedy tent or getting some spaced-out earth mother to reset your chakras.

To be fair the the has beens, they've picked a trio - Blur, Springsteen and NY - famous for being able to turn in a good show, whether or not the crowd had come specifically to see them.

Be interested in your opinions on their performances, assuming you opt for music over the comedy tent or getting some spaced-out earth mother to reset your chakras.

Glastonbury is the one festival I go to where there is so much on that the music is not always the first priority. It's the only festival I know of that tends to get sold out before the bands are announced. Having said that, I always make a point of going to as many gigs as I can at the festival. From the three headliners, I'll only see Blur... but these are only the headliners for the Pyramid stage, and there are so many other stages as well... once the full lineup is revealed, I will make my mind... and then once I'm there I'll be so off my face that I will probably miss half of the bands I set up to see :)

Aye, points taken.

For some reason the Maryport Blues Festival tends not to sell out until they've announced the acts.....funny that. We've had some corkers mind, including Chuck Berry.

Re the living legend that is NY. Don't knock him until you've seen him. Off your face and open minded would - probably - be a the right state if he's turning up the amps, and offering up his killer combo of feedback and fret-wankery.

Aye, points taken.

For some reason the Maryport Blues Festival tends not to sell out until they've announced the acts.....funny that. We've had some corkers mind, including Chuck Berry.

Re the living legend that is NY. Don't knock him until you've seen him. Off your face and open minded would - probably - be a the right state if he's turning up the amps, and offering up his killer combo of feedback and fret-wankery.

I love you, mary, and I want to bear your children.

Lardy my love.....I am overcome and will reward your kind thought with white wine at DLCON III.

Re the kind offer to bear my children, I should warn you that The Voice of Young Maryport currently stands around 6 ft 1 inch and shows every sign of continuing to grow. However kindly meant, any attempt to rebirth him in this state is likely to sting a little!

Lardy my love.....I am overcome and will reward your kind thought with white wine at DLCON III.

Re the kind offer to bear my children, I should warn you that The Voice of Young Maryport currently stands around 6 ft 1 inch and shows every sign of continuing to grow. However kindly meant, any attempt to rebirth him in this state is likely to sting a little!

No problem at all, the phrases variously used in my vicinity have included 'it's like chuckin a sausage up the high street', 'it's like stirring a tin of paint with a toothpick', and 'wizard's sleeve' - I won't feel a thing :)