Guest IYG

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, How long can they Carry On?

Neil Young well enough to marry Daryl Hannah :D

35 minutes ago, charon said:

Neil Young well enough to marry Daryl Hannah :D

Daryl Hannah, otoh, clearly suffering from late stage dementia.  One to keep an eye on

Nah, think its Young that's lost it.

Remember, in her Prime, she had a bloke as a body double.

Nah, that was Ace Ventura. :D

• Haha 1

Not quite, it was a male gymnast (one for the watching is a given) that did her stuff in Blade Runner.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Daryl Hannah, otoh, clearly suffering from late stage dementia.  One to keep an eye on

She's kooky to the point of incomprehensible so if she got dementia how would anyone tell?

Seriously, it's a match made in their heaven because she's about the only one who aspires to make films like Neil Young. The pair of them doubtless think the recent Paradox (she directs, he's one of the stars) summat of a masterpiece - I consumed it in five minute chunks and barely made sense of any of it, and I LOVE Neil Young. Feel free to find it on Netflix and convince me it's a masterpiece. Wiki summarises it as follows and doesn't present this as a spoiler altert likely because you can't really spoil a largely plotless movie: " A band of outlaws hide high up in the Mountains. The group pass the hours searching for treasure while they wait for the full moon to lend its magic, bring the music and make the spirits fly." (MPFC translation - a bunch of guys who can barely act hang around in one location doing their best to look enigmatic whilst a flakey director floats about with a camera convincing herself the odd angles and arty direction convey a message of all things being connected, or summat - best watched with eyes closed to concentrate on Young's great guitar playing).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That sounds as bad as Straight to Hell :D

50 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

She's kooky to the point of incomprehensible so if she got dementia how would anyone tell?

Seriously, it's a match made in their heaven because she's about the only one who aspires to make films like Neil Young. The pair of them doubtless think the recent Paradox (she directs, he's one of the stars) summat of a masterpiece - I consumed it in five minute chunks and barely made sense of any of it, and I LOVE Neil Young. Feel free to find it on Netflix and convince me it's a masterpiece. Wiki summarises it as follows and doesn't present this as a spoiler altert likely because you can't really spoil a largely plotless movie: " A band of outlaws hide high up in the Mountains. The group pass the hours searching for treasure while they wait for the full moon to lend its magic, bring the music and make the spirits fly." (MPFC translation - a bunch of guys who can barely act hang around in one location doing their best to look enigmatic whilst a flakey director floats about with a camera convincing herself the odd angles and arty direction convey a message of all things being connected, or summat - best watched with eyes closed to concentrate on Young's great guitar playing).

You should take over from that Mark Kermode bloke on the BBC.:hatsoff:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, redrumours said:

Told you he was a legend, didn't I!:D

8 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Told you he was a legend, didn't I!:D

Aye. But i never questioned his status just one word and all hell breaks out with a couple of us.

25 minutes ago, redrumours said:

Aye. But i never questioned his status just one word and all hell breaks out with a couple of us.

Aye!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, redrumours said:

I'd gladly swap pay cheques with him. 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2005 at 16:48, maryportfuncity said:

Struck me recently it's a miracle they're all still alive. Crosby wasn't supposed to survive long enough to see his last child born but a new liver sorted that and he celebrated by getting diabetes. Stills celebrated Crosby kicking crack by going on a heroic cocaine binge in his fifties and Young - Godfather of Grunge and leathered old goat that he is - has just been treated for an anyeurism. Nash, cleanest living - though that isn't saying much - celebrated being so damn healthy a few years ago by breaking both legs in a powerboat crash and subsequently spent the hours on stage on a luctrative reunion tour in a specially adapted chair.

So - authorities on demise out there - who do you think will finally put paid to any chance of another CSNY reunion?

13 years later, and that miracle still reigns true...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

13 years later, and that miracle still reigns true...

Aye, and it's open season on which one will peg out first. Crosby gleefully tells interviewers he has three fatal diseases so he's surely the shortest odds.

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, and it's open season on which one will peg out first. Crosby gleefully tells interviewers he has three fatal diseases so he's surely the shortest odds.

Mayeby.

77 year old Crosby turned up fairly chipper (mentally) and looking grizzled physically on BBC News 24 yesterday. Another new album about to come out and playing live in the UK at the moment.

1 hour ago, Bentrovato said:

He says he is busy writing songs about love.  Sounds far too healthy.   "Neil Young confirms marriage to Daryl Hannah"    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46056636

The ex-wife quite literally got the farm (i.e. the Broken Arrow ranch in northern California). For all his hippy idealism Neil is partial to earning decent cash and devoted a section of his autobiography to moaning about his dwindling income leaving him considering the sale of one of his eight homes. In the circumstances don't totally rule out a CSNY tour - they can bury the differences even when those differences are massive.

• Thanks 1

On 01/11/2018 at 06:33, Bentrovato said:

He says he is busy writing songs about love.  Sounds far too healthy.   "Neil Young confirms marriage to Daryl Hannah"    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46056636

Didn't we report this at the top of this page, three months ago?

14 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Didn't we report this at the top of this page, three months ago?

Note the word "confirms". Previous was rumour. Next time I will make posts in whatever your first language is. 

8 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Note the word "confirms". Previous was rumour. Next time I will make posts in whatever your first language is. 

Didn't know it was considered a rumour by anyone, besides yourself that is.  No one stated it as a rumour, or said the word rumour.  How do you say 'post whore' in your native tongue?

• Haha 1

Neil's defiant spirit in fine form as he blasts Trump over climate change lies

Neil's pissed because one of the homes destroyed in the wildfires was his. 40 odd years after he lost another home in the same way. Given that the last wife got the ranch and his autobiography discussed his multiple residences I think he's now reduced to a mere six homes - incl. a place in Hawaii 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/nov/12/neil-young-donald-trump-california-fires-climate-change

Young's still standing up to everyone

Just ditched the sponsor for his Hyde Park gig next year over their involvement in fossil fuel extraction. Making it - kind of - obvious that anyone else of his stature could ditch the sponsor too. Notably the gig in question is a double-header with Dylan (who appears to have no opinion on Barclaycard!)

Link - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46521320

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Young's still standing up to everyone

Just ditched the sponsor for his Hyde Park gig next year over their involvement in fossil fuel extraction. Making it - kind of - obvious that anyone else of his stature could ditch the sponsor too. Notably the gig in question is a double-header with Dylan (who appears to have no opinion on Barclaycard!)

Link - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46521320

The cunto ditched his Nationality, so he isn't loyal to anything but his bank account.....