themaninblack

The Boys Of '66

41 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

I may have missed something but the only one of the five remaining 1966 West German final XI who I have seen making a TV tribute to Beckenbauer was this from Wolfgang Overath https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/aktuelle-stunde/overath-groesster-fussballer-den-wir-in-deutschland-hatten/wdr/Y3JpZDovL3Nwb3J0c2NoYXUuZGUvNGJhNjZkMjAtOTZmOS00OGE3LWExZWMtM2Q2NTNlNjhmM2Ni

There were more in the documentary that just premiered I believe? But I don't know when that was filmed...

So with Schnellinger dead, only Schultz, Weber, Held and Overath for Sir Geoff to outlive to be the last man standing from the final. Can he do it? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 21/05/2024 at 05:00, Deathrace said:

So with Schnellinger dead, only Schultz, Weber, Held and Overath for Sir Geoff to outlive to be the last man standing from the final. Can he do it? 

Still looking great for his age the other day as he dropped a product placement for Budweiser on Sky:

https://x.com/the_forty_four/status/1805568246566760480?s=46

32 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Hurst could very well be last man standing between both squads

Certainly for the players who played in the final. I think Sepp Maier may give him a run for his money for the final two squads as he appears in decent shape.