hellkat

Hospitalised!

On 21/03/2024 at 00:59, arghton said:

Manolis Mavrommatis is apparently critical again too.

Manolis Mavrommatis out of ICU, his wife is still intubated.

I completely forgot Srinivas is still alive. He seemed near the end even before his "critical on ventilator" hospitalisation.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arghton said:

Brazilian sportscaster Silvio Luiz hospitalised for tests.

Luiz has one of the shortest Wikipedia pages I've seen.

This set me on a short detour trying to find the shortest Wikipedia article (excluding external links and disambiguation pages). In terms of character count, this takes some beating: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_national_bandy_team

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 15/03/2024 at 16:34, arghton said:

Faustao has undergone a kidney transplant, but it "isn't working yet" and he also suffers from lymphatic issues.

Mark Coleman still in ICU but awake and responsive, seems like he'll survive this too.

Last but not least, Alexander Mitta finally discharged after four months of hospitalisation, "feels fine and communicates"

Faustao discharged .

Of course. When Ansari and Swami Smaranananda died two weeks ago I thought there'd be more deaths of perennially ill hospitalised people, but far too many have survived. None dead from my Cup team and it mostly seemed a good lineup at the start of the month when, for example, Manolis Mavrommatis (who is now out of ICU) was "critical and in urgent need of blood transfusions"...

Jayapataka Swami out of ICU, kidneys and lungs improving, but "still very weak".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/04/2024 at 14:07, arghton said:

Shib Narayan Das, designer of the first flag of Bangladesh was in critical condition earlier this week.

For those who haven't seen the video of Silvio Luiz getting sick, here's the video
He's the narrator I like the most, funny, irreverent, I hope everything goes well with him

• Like 1

13 hours ago, arghton said:

Of course. When Ansari and Swami Smaranananda died two weeks ago I thought there'd be more deaths of perennially ill hospitalised people, but far too many have survived. None dead from my Cup team and it mostly seemed a good lineup at the start of the month when, for example, Manolis Mavrommatis (who is now out of ICU) was "critical and in urgent need of blood transfusions"...

Jayapataka Swami out of ICU, kidneys and lungs improving, but "still very weak".

Jayapataka has been out of oxygen for two days, just needs few more dialysis and will then be discharged.

Unbelievable.

• Like 3

On 08/07/2023 at 17:52, arghton said:

Rafiqul Islam Miah one of the leaders of Bangladesh National Party and Healthfraudkhaleda Zia's minister of housing hospitalised, allegedly with "multiple illnesses" including a major spine ailment and a neurological condition that has caused him to be bedbound since 2018. 

Rafiqul Islam Miah hospitalised again.

• Like 1

Kate Beckinsale leaves hospital after several weeks (I must have posted it somewhere, but where???):

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/17/kate-beckinsale-finally-leaves-hospital-hints-health-issues-20663914/

"Tummy issues" but supposedly not endometriosis or a ruptured ovarian cyst that she had previously been suffering from in 2019.

• Like 1

On 13/04/2024 at 11:41, drol said:

Jayapataka has been out of oxygen for two days, just needs few more dialysis and will then be discharged.

Unbelievable.

Suffering from pulmonary edema again, still on antibiotics and needs more dialysis, but at the moment the greatest concern is that he's not able to travel yet. At the request of his medical team he will stay in hospital longer until he has "completely recovered".

On 11/04/2024 at 19:07, arghton said:

Shib Narayan Das, designer of the first flag of Bangladesh was in critical condition earlier this week.

Shib Narayan Das dead at 78.

• Like 4

On 18/04/2024 at 22:26, arghton said:

Suffering from pulmonary edema again, still on antibiotics and needs more dialysis, but at the moment the greatest concern is that he's not able to travel yet. At the request of his medical team he will stay in hospital longer until he has "completely recovered".

Jayapataka Swami back in ICU and weak according to his facebook:

Spoiler

Health Update on

H.H. Jayapataka Swami April 23rd 2024

Hare Krishna dear disciples and well-wishers of

H.H. Jayapataka Swami

Maharaja,

Please accept our humble obeisances.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to Guru Maharaja

Guru Maharaja showed some mild improvement in his strength after almost 20 days in hospital and expressed his desire to take darshan of deities and see the devotees. As a birthday gift Dr Sarin allowed him to attend the Vyasa Puja ceremony at ISKCON Noida under the condition that he returns back to the hospital in a few hours.

Before going to the ceremony he was also asked to speak as a chief guest at one of the academic sessions in ILBS and Guru Maharaja spoke about the health benefits that one gets automatically because of the regulative principles of Krishna consciousness.

The energy that was present before going out of the hospital seemed to be short lived, because when Guru Maharaja came back, he was feeling extremely tired and had very low blood pressure. In fact, the dialysis session that was scheduled after returning back from Noida had to be called off.

The doctors started some medicines to increase his blood pressure that night and performed a slow dialysis the next day which went on for 16 hours in the ICU.

After the dialysis session Guru Maharaja was shifted back to the room and gradually his Blood pressure stabilized without any additional medication.

A nephrologist from Hyderabad, Dr Dhanalakshmi flew in to Delhi to help with Guru Maharaja's dialysis therapy. Pranesvara Gaurachandra prabhu from Sydney, Australia, a dialysis nurse, is also present here. Both of them have helped with the difficult dialysis session last night and share their valuable inputs with the treating doctor team in ILBS.

Even after the dialysis session there is still significant water overload in the body and various medications are being tried to relieve Guru Maharaja of it.

Also, Guru Maharaja’s lungs are still weak. He is still requiring intermittent oxygen therapy.

In the current condition, discharge from the hospital also seems to be quite a challenge. But even in this condition Guru Maharaja continues preaching and inspiring people. He has been distributing Maha mantra cards to Doctors, nurses, and neighbouring patients all day long.

We are humbly requesting each and everyone of you to chant as much as possible for Guru Maharaja's speedy recovery and stabilisation of his lungs and kidneys so that he can return to Mayapur.

On behalf of the JPS Heath Team and Seva Committee,

Mahavaraha Dāsa

Please Subscribe to

HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaj Official WhatsApp Channel to get all the latest updates

A few days ago he left the hospital to attend and talk at a ceremony. I'm guessing he's catched a few more infections there.

On 11/08/2023 at 18:46, drol said:

Brazilian samba musician Arlindo Cruz hospitalised yet again.

Severe stroke in 2017, in & out of hospital for all these years, 21 days in hospital with pneumonia last month.

Arlindo Cruz hospitalised again , but does not seem serious even this time.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2024 at 07:31, drol said:

Very unexpected developments.

Kaiti Grey should not have survived by any logical standard. I also thought Baca was fucked this time but it's been "a miracle of God and science" according to her partner.

Kaiti Grey in very good health according to her lawyer. :banghead:

• Haha 1

On 12/04/2024 at 22:25, arghton said:

...for example, Manolis Mavrommatis (who is now out of ICU) was "critical and in urgent need of blood transfusions"...

Manolis Mavrommatis suffers gallbladder infection, undergoes percutaneous cholecystostomy. Currently expected to be discharged in around two weeks, it seems.