1 minute ago, Gisooo said:

Nooo so sad, RIP Mildred, such a great star! :(

Welcome back, CoffinLodger!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Nooo so sad, RIP Mildred, such a great star! :(

What was your favourite Mildred Kornman movie from the 1920s and how many times have you seen it?

• Haha 8

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What was your favourite Mildred Kornman movie from the 1920s and how many times have you seen it?

Thundering Fleas of course! Her portrayal of...ehm... Skooter's sister will be remembered forever! Rest in peace you silent legend!!!

• Like 1

On 18/08/2022 at 00:01, MortalCaso said:

1. Donnie "Beezer" Smith, 97 (Sept. 17, 1924)

According to Accurint.com Donnie died on July 8, 2022 in Dade City, Florida at the age of 97.

So he was alive but gone now. RIP

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Gisooo said:

According to Accurint.com Donnie died on July 8, 2022 in Dade City, Florida at the age of 97.

So he was alive but gone now. RIP

Link?

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Link?

I don't have access at Accurint.com

I found at Film Historian page on Instagram when a fan reply me at Mildred Kornman post there.

6 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I don't have access at Accurint.com

I found at Film Historian page on Instagram when a fan reply me at Mildred Kornman post there.

Hardly seems reliable.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hardly seems reliable.

I believe yes, I wrote to his daughter three days ago, no reply yet and I think maybe he passed and she is not able to speak to anyone.

3 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I believe yes, I wrote to his daughter three days ago, no reply yet and I think maybe he passed and she is not able to speak to anyone.

Or she maybe just thinks you’re a stalker.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Or she maybe just thinks you’re a stalker.

Hey I'm not a stalker, I got her email from The Little Rascal page on Google where she said anyone can ask me about my dad, anytime.

As Tracy said alive two years ago, and now gone! 

10 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Hey I'm not a stalker, I got her email from The Little Rascal page on Google where she said anyone can ask me about my dad, anytime.

As Tracy said alive two years ago, and now gone! [citation needed]

If it is true, which we will find out one way or the other eventually, we lost 2 out of 3 remaining silent era actors in the same year.

That would be quite unfortunate. 

I actually believe it, but stronger evidence is needed.

Almost surely only Garry is left.

• Like 1

About Helen Rowland, possibly she may died in 1978, but not concrete.

@Ulitzer95 @MortalCaso @drol

Here is the photo of Donnie death record, DOB match, September 1924 and birth name Donald R. Smith.

IMG_20220824_072026_046.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gisooo said:

@Ulitzer95 @MortalCaso @drol

Here is the photo of Donnie death record, DOB match, September 1924 and birth name Donald R. Smith.

IMG_20220824_072026_046.jpg

That's still quite a common name. Is there proof the actor had a middle name starting with R?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaDeathGuy said:

That's still quite a common name. Is there proof the actor had a middle name starting with R?

LOL, have you checked his IMDb page

He has a "R" in the middle "Donald R. Smith"

11 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

LOL, have you checked his IMDb page

He has a "R" in the middle "Donald R. Smith"

. @DaDeathGuy is correct. A quick search on Ancestry reveals that there are many ppl named “Donald R. Smith” born in 1924. “Donald” and “Smith” are very common names Gisooo. I know you want to solve this but IMDb isn’t a reliable source as you should know by now. Someone needs to speak to the family. Or evidence needs to be uncovered that his middle name is “Ray” and that he lived in that particular county in Florida.

I went through something similar when I wanted to "solve" Billy Watson of the Watson family's death in 2017.

Of course, it was a different person with the same name and he really died just recently.

• Like 1

In the CA birth records, there is a Donald R. Smith born September 17, 1924 in Kern County. This Smith has a brother named J (yes, his name was just J). J is listed in the records as born in Los Angeles County on August 29, 1915, the same date as Jay R. Smith, the Our Gang actor who was Beezer's brother. So we can conclude this Donald R. Smith is Beezer.

Based on the 2011 comment on the Our Gang wiki by the woman claiming to be Beezer's daughter, he was then living in Dade City, FL. Was this post true? Probably. There's a Don Smith with Beezer's exact date of birth who was still on the record living there this year.

image.thumb.png.f64eaa8dc2666f241187034355c93e32.png

So this dead Smith has the same name and same month of birth, and died in Dade City. Yeah, I would say it is probably our man.

• Like 11

Thanks for this tracy.

I did a bit of my own research earlier, and came to the same conclusion – it's him.

The birth name and DOB on IMDb can be verified by the common maiden name of their mother.

Couldn't find his record on Radaris, Spokeo, Clustermaps etc. which is why I presumed he had died off radar but I appreciate these records are incomplete and the forum posts from his daughter in 2007 and 2011 stating that he was alive and based in Dade City is a near clean match with the Donald R Smith whose death record is on Accurint.

Record information.
Name
J R Smith
Mother
Chapin
Birth
29 Aug 1915 Los Angeles, California

Name
Donald R Smith
Mother
Chapin
Birth
17 Sep 1924 Kern, California 

With all this in mind, I will get in touch with Lord Heath. They'll be able to update his profile, and then IMDb should follow.

• Like 4

On 19/06/2022 at 15:30, Gisooo said:

There is another name Billy Kent Schaefer (IMDb) who appeared between 1925 and 1928. Could be still living?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGcYchlJScs/?hl=en

Time to knock this one dead in the water, seeing as a couple of places online suggest he's still alive.

IMDb says Billy Kent Schaefer was born in Los Angeles, California on 26 September 1920. Nothing remotely close appears in the birth records on Ancestry so this cannot be true.

Using a search on Newspapers.com, I found this. A newspaper clipping from 1937 which talks about Billy, along with his sister, the actress Dorothea Kent (wiki, born Dorothea Jane Schaefer, 1916–1990). She was born in St. Joseph, Missouri, and her birth record is easy to find. Her parents were Anthony "Tony" C. Schaefer, a Hollywood film editor, and Edna Curran.

img.jpeg.840d4b42b66f430b06422b7d0f27b155.jpeg

Using the information of the parents, and the fact that we know Kent is not a birth name but rather a name that they both later adopted (possibly through their mother remarrying), we find a William Curran Schaefer born in Douglas, Nebraska on 26 September 1918 to Anthony C. Schaefer. The birthdate matches the one on IMDb, but the year and place of birth differs.

Then there's his death record. He died on 12 July 1962 in Los Angeles California, aged just 43. Using this Information and putting it back into Newspapers.com, we find his obituary.

img-1.jpeg.8b00da3b76ed0174f4fa800591defb18.jpeg

It confirms he was originally from Nebraska. Interestingly it gives a little insight into what he did after being a child actor – he worked as a casting director. Says nothing about the cause of death sadly.

88641942_Screenshot2022-08-24at21_52_35.png.f38f320aea8d60e9a2383e675e07af35.png

• Like 4

I was looking for some other survivor names and three came up, not updated yet so I was wondering myself if they still live?

1) Gloria Wellman (IMDb) DOB 03/03/1924

Played the role of Peasant Child in Wings (1927)

If you look at her info on IMDb, she had very famous family members and was one of the surviving cast members.

Wings (1927) 

2) Marcia Kagno (IMDb) DOB 1924, played Marcia in The Hole In The Wall (1929)

THE HOLE IN THE WALL, from left, Marcia Kagno, Claudette Colbert, 1929  Stock Photo - Alamy 

3) Phyllis Hurst (IMDb), minor roles between 34s and 38s and appeared in a silent film in 1927.

DOB 1924/05/12

Phyllis Hurst 

• Like 2