Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

People obsessed with trying to pick the latest suicide option (for some reason) could do worse than pro-wrestler Michael Elgin.  He was once the can't miss prospect for the WWE to pick up, but screwed it up. Now he's had to sell his own promotion after news he tried to cover up an alleged rape and his own sexual quirks. Also, he's losing bookings because he tried to pull a political hit on his New Japan tag partner, only it got out in the open, and now said tag partner is replacing Elgin on shows. Also, he's been cheating on his wife, who being both a pro-wrestler (and iirc legit blackbelt) and genius level scientist (and superior to Elgin in every way), could probably deal with him and not get traced.

He may present deadpool points to someone, but even not, it's always good to see that someone, somewhere, is fucking up more than you.  :)

• Haha 1

Update if one was needed, on Matt Cappotelli. :skull:

One that was always on the outskirts of a long list for me that I'll throw into the mix here: John Cena's brother has had an inoperable brain tumour since 2012. The fact he's still with us makes me think it can't be that bad, as far as inoperable brain tumours go, but who knows?

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/yamaguchi-san-stroke-hospitalized/#.WjLIVbQ-fOQ

Yamaguchi-San who was briefly a manager with WWE in the late 90's Attitude Era suffered a stroke

Would likely get UK obit for most pools  because his brother currently works for WWE doingJapanese Language commentary

On 08/11/2017 at 16:09, Spade_Cooley said:

Tugboat Taylor and Tugboat Thomas are different people, I think there's been some confusion. Fred "Shockmaster/Typhoon" Ottman is still with us. The guy who's dead mainly worked as a job guy in mid-80s WCW and WWF, and trained a few Texan wrestlers of minor note (Hernandez in particular). 

In latest Tugboat Taylor news, one of the aforementioned minor Texan wrestlers he trained, Jasper Davis (mainly worked Booker T's Reality of Wrestling promotion but made some TNA appearances) has been arrested for murdering his girlfriend and dumping her body in a ditch.

19 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/yamaguchi-san-stroke-hospitalized/#.WjLIVbQ-fOQ

Yamaguchi-San who was briefly a manager with WWE in the late 90's Attitude Era suffered a stroke

Would likely get UK obit for most pools  because his brother currently works for WWE doingJapanese Language commentary

The 100% optimistic Facebook message from his brother contains: "I don't know how long he has".

Surprised he's only 59, tbh.

I'm guessing this now means any Attitude Era roster member, no matter how minor, is guaranteed a Mirror obit. Anyone know how Muffy Mower and Babu are doing?

37 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I'm guessing this now means any Attitude Era roster member, no matter how minor, is guaranteed a Mirror obit. Anyone know how Muffy Mower and Babu are doing?

Didn't Muffy die?

EDIT - No, I just checked. I'm thinking of Marianna ie Beaver Cleavage's "mum"/girlfriend. (Oh that Russo.)

1 hour ago, msc said:

The 100% optimistic Facebook message from his brother contains: "I don't know how long he has".

Surprised he's only 59, tbh.

Nice of him to give us such a big hint.

Tom Zenk's become the ZZZZZ man, dead at 59. One of those nutjob wrestlers who for some reason were never considered a deadpool punt.

16 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Tom Zenk's become the ZZZZZ man, dead at 59. One of those nutjob wrestlers who for some reason were never considered a deadpool punt.

Because he was still alive now and not dead 20 years ago, imo.

Billy Jack and Marty J are going to run out of contemporary nutters to die first soon.

After seeing a mugshot of him from 2013,I think he would have been picked by a few people in 2014-2017 had his current appearance been known. The color had gone from his face.

11 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Apparently he died on the 9th.

Just now, Spade_Cooley said:

Larry Matysik, former right-hand man for Sam Muchnick, has been hospitalised for unknown reasons. Apparently he was in assisted living at the time of this incident.

He's been in poor health for a while going off forums last year (lung issues iirc?), but never got close to my shortlist because I don't think he has a hope in hell of sniffing a British obit, let alone a Qualifying one.

Wonder how many of the backstage figures from the territory era would get close to a QO? Gene LeBell, Bill Watts, Jerry Jarrett and that's it?

I think that's roughly it. Most of the territory bosses who would be QO had other fames - ie the Funks in Amarillo. Maybe the Crocketts but I wouldn't bet on it.  If someone like Bob Geigel (30 years running a big territory, one of the NWA bosses) can die sans obit in the last 3 years...

https://www.gofundme.com/brickhousebrownbattlescancer

Brickhouse Brown who held titles in USWA,WCCW and various other Southern Territories in the 80's has stage 4 colon cancer. He was given  6-12 months to live back in May

Had a short stint as a Wwe jobber in the mid 90's. Based on the burial in commentary Michael Hayes probably had some beef with him in the territory days.

Brickhouse's shoot interview might be the single funniest one ever recorded.

• Haha 2

He also jobbed for them, in a tag match, in 1986 or so, against Bundy & Studd.

Old-school British Heavyweight champ Albert 'Rocky' WallThe Doncaster Panther, died on New Year's Eve, aged 81. Profile

^^^Very important figure in the history of British wrestling, although perhaps not for the reasons he would have wanted. His match with Mike Marino in 1972 was subject of a News of the World front page expose exclusively revealing that wrestling was fixed.

nEJlXcp.jpg