Poetry Man

Vera Lynn

56 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Anyway enjoy your send off Vera!

What a strange thing to say.

• Haha 2

The local paper liveblog if you want to keep up with it. (Usual disclaimer -  its local journalism, so not exactly Pulitzer standard.)

• Facepalm 1

On 20/03/2021 at 20:11, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/20/sculpture-of-dame-vera-lynn-planned-for-cliffs-of-dover

A sculpture of Dame Vera Lynn  planned for  the cliffs of Dover .

If the Tories win the election, they have promised ONE MILLION QUID of TAXPAYERS' MONEY to complete the sculpture. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13556907/Campaign-fund-statue-honouring-Dame-Vera-Lynn-receive-1-million-boost-Conservatives-win-power.html

They have been spaffing our money into their own pockets, those of their friends and giving donations to fraudsters.

Now this?

If anything, this should lose them more votes.

Tell you what, for half the price I'll commission a mechanical statue of Dame Vera where she sucks off Winston Churchill and fists Adolf Hitler, and for the other half of the money she can have a fly past of the Red Arrows once every three months for a year while playing her greatest hits albums through a loudspeaker in her arse.

18 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Tell you what, for half the price I'll commission a mechanical statue of Dame Vera where she sucks off Winston Churchill and fists Adolf Hitler, and for the other half of the money she can have a fly past of the Red Arrows once every three months for a year while playing her greatest hits albums through a loudspeaker in her arse.

Tell us you’ve been at the pub tonight without telling us you’ve been at the pub tonight.

Taxxxxiiii for Willz.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Tell us you’ve been at the pub tonight without telling us you’ve been at the pub tonight.

Taxxxxiiii for Willz.

Haven't had a drink since the wedding last Sunday.

Just furious. 

How is that amount of money a part-payment anyway? Are the sculptors Sunak, Gove and Cleverly Associates? Is Michelle Mone designing the undergarments?

Anyway, they aren't going to win, but the fact they said this out loud is astonishing.

35 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

If the Tories win the election, they have promised ONE MILLION QUID of TAXPAYERS' MONEY to complete the sculpture. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13556907/Campaign-fund-statue-honouring-Dame-Vera-Lynn-receive-1-million-boost-Conservatives-win-power.html

They have been spaffing our money into their own pockets, those of their friends and giving donations to fraudsters.

Now this?

If anything, this should lose them more votes.

I like Vera Lynn but I agree this is a stupid move. It is totally unacceptable in economically  challenging times to spend  public money of that magnitude on this.  I think  fundraising with lots of voluntary  contributions or even a few larger benefactors should easily cover this.  This kind of thing signals desperation in an election.

I love Joan Collins  and  Tom Daley for very different reasons :wub::lol: but I wouldn't advocate huge public money to pay tribute to them at any point. 

As I indicated this one is tricky for me-I love Vera Lynn, she sent .my ill  Nan a lovely autographed letter and CD cover years ago and  thanked her service in the Women's  land army in World War  two and to be fair I'm pretty  sure  Vera Lynn  herself would not have the attitude the public especially in very tough times should pay for this.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Haven't had a drink since the wedding last Sunday.

Just furious. 

How is that amount of money a part-payment anyway? Are the sculptors Sunak, Gove and Cleverly Associates? Is Michelle Mone designing the undergarments?

Anyway, they aren't going to win, but the fact they said this out loud is astonishing.

I would gladly see my taxes go towards a statue of Vera Lynn fisting Hitler.

We are very different people.

• Haha 3

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Fisting??,!! I'm sure Vera Lynn was far too elegant a lady to fist anybody!! My love of a good bottom has never extended  in that direction!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Ah, but I'm doing that deal half price remember.

I think the existing proposal might be slightly different.

Also, if she is sucking off Churchill we could entitle the work "Vera Gives Goebbels". :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Ah, but I'm doing that deal half price remember.

I think the existing proposal might be slightly different.

Also, if she is sucking off Churchill we could entitle the work "Vera Gives Goebbels". :lol:

You are sooooo  naughty  Will .   You'd never make a lady or a Grand Dame!

• Haha 3