Sign in to follow this  
Estuarian Float

Est.1993's Half-year Deathpool

Guest Guest_vaagheid_*

The Dust Pool kind of caught me of gaurd, so i just decided to make my picks as intresting as possible:

1. Al-Megrahi

2. Armando

3. Biggs

4. Heinrich Boere

5. Castro

6. Corneille

7. Piet De Jong

8. Fabiola of Belgium

9. Michael Gough

10. Jean of Luxembourg

11. Heesters

12. Harry Mulisch

13. Erich Priebke

14. Lillian of Sweden

15. Tanja Nijmeijer

16. Joseph Noiret

17. Turinah Masih Sehat

18. Ariel Sharon

19. Run Run Shaw

20. Abby Sunderland

21. Toots Thielemans

22. Jack Vance

23. Joran van der Sloot

24. Otto von Habsburg

25. Leo Vroman

I wanted to place some Vijftigers in the list, but they probably wouldn't get the right obit.

The Dust Pool kind of caught me of gaurd, so i just decided to make my picks as intresting as possible:

*snip*

I wanted to place some Vijftigers in the list, but they probably wouldn't get the right obit.

I drew names out of a shoebox for this one.

I take this so seriously.

Since everybody else is at it:

Al Megrahi

Ronnie Biggs

Edwin Morgan

Simon MacCorkindale

Rajo Devi Lohan

Shiekh Saqr bin Mohammed al-Qassimi

Esteban Jordon

Diana Wynne Jones

Pat Burns

Laurent Fignon

John Demjanjuk

Dennis Norden

Paul Biya

Kim Jong-il

Stephen Hawkings

Sir Freddie Viggers

Helen Thomas

Charles Manson

Patricia Neal

Otis R. Bowen

Edgar Whitcombe

Alex Higgins

Guy Iness-Ker

Nelson Mandela

Margaret Thatcher

I don't think that I'm going to be that successful due to the 6 month deadline.

Not going to repost my picks (they're all there on the site) but it looks like this pool should be quite interesting - for one thing, I've actually heard of most of the picks - they seem to be legitimate celebrities for the most part. I was worried that my 25 would be pitted against teams loaded with the likes of Joanne Evans.

Anyhow, the site looks quite nice.

I really like the way your site views - allowing you to quickly note who the picked are without having to link through first - top marks.

I too thought the site looked very good, well done EST.1993. :angry:

I personally think it would be a better idea to make the tournament last for 12 months from June - June. That would mean less work for you, more deaths, more points and you would also avoid running the risk of your fledgling deadpool getting overlooked in the Christmas rush for the more established competitions. But that's just my opinion and I haven't really got a head for business.

I wonder whatever happened to our previous young deadpool showrunner Weatherman90? It's been a long, long time since he posted here. Perhaps Notapotato keeps in touch with him, I seem to remember that they got on famously.

Why is everyone picking Estiban Jordan?

I heard he was ill.

Congratulations, CarolAnn! George Steinbrenner gives you the first hit of the Dust Pool! Now Im gonna think about what I should do for his death profile...

Congratulations, CarolAnn! George Steinbrenner gives you the first hit of the Dust Pool! Now Im gonna think about what I should do for his death profile...

Woohoo me! Amazing. The world will now end since I have the first hit. It's been nice knowing all of you.

Eunice Bowman will make the press tomorrow but the BBC reports are already linked to the World's Oldest thread hereabouts.

DDT and me get points for Alex Higgins' death.

Ohhhh. So snooker is pool. I thought it was croquet or somethin.

No, snooker isn't pool. Similar game, but snooker is a lot more skillful.

Congratulations Windsor! You take the lead with 120 points. Youre also the first person to get a Kentucky/Indiana bonus. Patricia Neal was born in Whitley County, Kentucky.

Congratulations Windsor! You take the lead with 120 points. Youre also the first person to get a Kentucky/Indiana bonus. Patricia Neal was born in Whitley County, Kentucky.

Excellent. :)

I think I got lucky with this one. Her Obit in the Los Angeles Times says she died due to lung cancer. If I had known she had lung cancer she would have been on the DDP.

Ohhhh. So snooker is pool. I thought it was croquet or somethin.

No, but this might help Snooker vs Pool

Excellent. :)

I think I got lucky with this one. Her Obit in the Los Angeles Times says she died due to lung cancer. If I had known she had lung cancer she would have been on the DDP.

Well done Windy. Ditto - no clue that Lung cancer was noted prior to the start of the year. I had her down with the following...

Recovered 3 strokes, anorexia, smoker, recovered coma, had an abortion.

Just not enough points to really bring her into contending for my short list.

oh my god. Thank you for introducing this show to me. British comedy is the best! Ive downloaded like 8 episodes of Little Britain from itunes. Marjorie Dawes, Vicky Pollard, and Carol Beer are all hilarious. I was really surprised too when I found that Matt Lucas is gay and partnered up with that McGee guy I previously heard about from the DDP. And before Little Britain, there was this showed that a local Kentucky station ran called Keeping Up Appearances. That was funny too.

Hmmm

Took a punt on Esteban Steve Jordan, nowt on CNN, BBC or Legacy.com........yet.

Hmmm

Took a punt on Esteban Steve Jordan, nowt on CNN, BBC or Legacy.com........yet.

Its not looking too promising. I can only find two obits on google news, and neither of them are of much use.

Would be good if one came through as it would help me maintain my lead.

BTW, is this still only a 6 month competition, or has the time frame been extended?

Its still a 6 month competition. And it will probably just be a one time thing. And I did promise the prize of a ceramic urn to the winner.. unless theres mailing complications.

Re Jordan, it is looking chancey, but the lack of serious death elsewhere might just give us a chance with a newspaper obit or legacy in the next couple of days.

Its now being reported in the Washington Post...so its getting better, but not quite good enough yet.

Washington Post still the most reputable re Esteban Steve Jordan, c'mon Independent, NY Times and the rest of you. The man was a legend, or summat.