Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Who Should Be on the 2012 DeathList?

I think its high time Prince Philip became a fixture on the list - hes looking seriously ropey these days - has to pop off soon ..... maybe 2012 is the year for him

Well I hate to quote myself (well I dont hate it really ! ) ...

Today has seen Prince Philip going in to have a coronary stent fitted for a blocked coronary artery - that simply HAS to book him a place on the 2012 list

• Like 1

Sorry - I meant Prince Phillip, not Prince Edward :)

LOL - was that actually wishful thinking ?

Prince Edward, Chavez, Mugabe, Yitzhak Shamir, Ariel Sharon, Bashir Assad, Jimmy Carter, George HW Bush, King Rama IX (Thailand), King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Maureen O'Hara

While I find most of this list rather bland and predictable... I do have to admit that I find the inclusion of Bashir Al-Assad to the 2012 DL... I would consider his death very possible after what happened in Lybia with Gaddafi and the fact that he isn't old, frail or sick when he dies would make the hit even more rewarding in my opinion....

Prince Edward, Chavez, Mugabe, Yitzhak Shamir, Ariel Sharon, Bashir Assad, Jimmy Carter, George HW Bush, King Rama IX (Thailand), King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Maureen O'Hara

While I find most of this list rather bland and predictable... I do have to admit that I find the inclusion of Bashir Al-Assad to the 2012 DL... I would consider his death very possible after what happened in Lybia with Gaddafi and the fact that he isn't old, frail or sick when he dies would make the hit even more rewarding in my opinion....

I'm not so sure that he would be a good pick.

1) He is not as isolated as Gaddafi.

2) He'd probably have the good sense to run earlier, unlike Gaddafi.

3) I can't see Nato helping out in this instance - which was the beginning of the end for Gaddafi.

I'm not so sure that he would be a good pick.

1) He is not as isolated as Gaddafi.

2) He'd probably have the good sense to run earlier, unlike Gaddafi.

3) I can't see Nato helping out in this instance - which was the beginning of the end for Gaddafi.

He won't make the list

Guest pedro

How about poker Legend Doyle Brunson, 79 next year ?. Has fame and notoriety well beyond poker, specially in the US. Beat incurable cancer ( it was a miracle, praise de lord) in 1963. Looking very old and lived in now, and less and less mobile.

Guest Rigsby

Prince Philip.

Guest Norm

Phil the Greek,the poor old duke.

The Queen's Golden Jubilee was preceded by her Mum's death...

Should ditch Michael Douglas, Bill Tarmey, Dick Cheney and Aretha Franklin, none of them are that old or seem to be as ill as first thought

Guest Radders

Phil the Greek should deffo be on.Along with the Milk Snatcher & Denis Healey

Guest Nick Brown

Duke of Edinburgh has to be a favourite

Etta James

Nelson Mandela

Robert Mugabe

Prince Philip

George HW Bush

Al-Megrahi

Drop:

Michael Douglas

Aretha Franklin

Harlan Ellison

Geoffrey Hughes

Nancy Reagan

Dick Cheney

Fergie Frederiksen

Etta James

Nelson Mandela

Robert Mugabe

Prince Philip

George HW Bush

Al-Megrahi

Drop:

Michael Douglas

Aretha Franklin

Harlan Ellison

Geoffrey Hughes

Nancy Reagan

Dick Cheney

Fergie Frederiksen

Nancy Reagan is very frail, tough as old boots though. There's a good chance she could fall again and fracture her hip or something which can cause complications. I'd say keep her on.

The lack of news on Geoffrey Hughes could be as a result of a further decline in health, still worth keeping on.

Dick Cheney has had numerous heart issues so still worth a shot

I agree about the others though

Etta James

Nelson Mandela

Robert Mugabe

Prince Philip

George HW Bush

Al-Megrahi

Drop:

Michael Douglas

Aretha Franklin

Harlan Ellison

Geoffrey Hughes

Nancy Reagan

Dick Cheney

Fergie Frederiksen

Nancy Reagan is very frail, tough as old boots though. There's a good chance she could fall again and fracture her hip or something which can cause complications. I'd say keep her on.

The lack of news on Geoffrey Hughes could be as a result of a further decline in health, still worth keeping on.

Dick Cheney has had numerous heart issues so still worth a shot

I agree about the others though

I do think Reagan and Cheney are still good picks, but we have to drop 18 people off the List and they would be the least likely to die in 2012.

Not an appropriate thread I know - but will the DL2012 page be better hidden than the 2011 page before the 1st January?

I seem to recall that someone guessed the not so original web-code-thingy before the 1st January, and posted the details of the list before the stroke of midnight.

Dame Elisabeth Murdoch will be 103 on the 8th Feb 2012. With all the misery her son is giving her maybe she has had enough??? Country singer Kitty Wells lost her husband of over 70 years this year, she might not be long behind him. Former Aussie Rules player Jim Stynes was given only weeks to live in November, however is currently holidaying in

Colombia. He has brain cancer & has endured 6 operations thus far.

David Rockefeller will turn 97 on June 12, 2012, the last of the Rockefeller brothers and he will be the same age that his illustrious grandfather, John D. Rockefeller Sr., when he died. Longevity seems to run in that family plus there is the super rich factor but given that he is the patriarch of one of the world's richest families and well known for his role in many international organizations definitely a an internationally newsworthy person and also very old and by what I can find has slowed down in recent years.

Robin Gibb and Etta James are shoe-ins. I expect Etta will die sometime in early January, and Gibb to die in March to April.

As for older picks, failed Apocalypse predictor Harold Camping is 91 and has suffered a stroke recently, he'd make a good pick.

Dame Elisabeth Murdoch will be 103 on the 8th Feb 2012. With all the misery her son is giving her maybe she has had enough???

She is certainly worthy of inclusion, even though her son's power grip on the media has undoubtedly diminished she would still be guaranteed decent media coverage as the matriarch of one of the media/business world's most (in)famous dynasties. Don't know why she hasn't been placed on already really

Guest Jwilson2011

I have a feeling Betty White will be on the list :( She may be busy... but she is 90.

Im expecting to see Jaruzelski and Andy Williams. Hoping to see them pick Sassoon and Mubarak. And what does everyone think about Ethan Zohn? He may not be an appropriate pick for the DL, but Im having a hard time deciding whether or not to include him on mine.. I hear cancer that returns is a very bad sign and its in his chest.. around his lungs, but he is SO upbeat..

Im expecting to see Jaruzelski and Andy Williams. Hoping to see them pick Sassoon and Mubarak. And what does everyone think about Ethan Zohn? He may not be an appropriate pick for the DL, but Im having a hard time deciding whether or not to include him on mine.. I hear cancer that returns is a very bad sign and its in his chest.. around his lungs, but he is SO upbeat..

I'm not sure if the Committee* can put Mubarak on the list. There is a real chance he could be executed, and if he is that technically wouldn't be a hit - unless I am confusing my deathlist unwritten rules with the DDP rules?

*I am aware it is the Committee's list, and that they can do what they want - even move the goal post.

Ethan Zohn: Oh feck! I forgot all about him. I'm not sure about his obit chances. That asside, I can see no reason for not choosing him.

I'm not sure if the Committee* can put Mubarak on the list. There is a real chance he could be executed, and if he is that technically wouldn't be a hit - unless I am confusing my deathlist unwritten rules with the DDP rules?

*I am aware it is the Committee's list, and that they can do what they want - even move the goal post.

Ethan Zohn: Oh feck! I forgot all about him. I'm not sure about his obit chances. That asside, I can see no reason for not choosing him.

Wouldn't Mubarak count if he was sentenced later in the year? I can't remember if he's still in a coma or not.

Zohn might scrape an obit, I think the BBC did one on a contestant for Amazing Race a couple of months ago, so there's always a chance. But with Zohn's charity connections.... who knows

I dont think Ethan would have trouble getting on obit. Not only did he appear on two early and popular seasons of Survivor (winning one of them), he played pro soccer before reality TV, made SEVERAL appearances on other TV shows, he works in Africa to spread HIV education, I think he's a prominent member of the new Stand Up 2 Cancer charity campaign (which Laura Ziskin co-founded), and apparently he hosts/has hosted several shows on soccer-related tv networks.