the_engineer

Conspiracy Theories

28 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Serms like tommy robinsons arrest was a political one and he didn't even get the chance to appoint his own Solictor.

Oh dear.  Please, I beg you, read this article which sets out to debunk the myths which you seem to be rather prone to falling for.  Don't forget that your hero pleaded guilty and told the judge he "bitterly regretted" his actions.  Hardly the course of conduct of a martyr! 

You've got every right to express your views on this forum, but I refuse to sit idly by and let your promotion of this vile bigot go unchallenged.  Sorry.

He was tried in secret on the day he was arrested, with no lawyers and the media were banned from reporting what had happened. This is Kafka on steroids, surely?

Contempt proceedings do not attract a jury trial. The procedure for a court dealing with a criminal contempt is set out in the Criminal Procedure Rules. These allow for a “summary procedure”, where the court, having made its own enquiries and offered a contemnor (for that is the official term) the chance to seek legal advice, can deal with the offender straight away. The Crown Court can commit a contemnor to prison for up to two years. There is nothing unusual in him being dealt with on the day of the contempt. Courts are required to deal with contempts as swiftly as possible. There is no suggestion  of any prejudice; Yaxley-Lennon was legally represented by an experienced barrister and would have received full legal advice.

He also wasn’t tried in secret; his contempt hearing was heard in public, with members of the press present. However, the judge imposed temporary reporting restrictions (under section 4(2) of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 again), postponing reporting of the details of Lennon’s contempt until the trial, and the subsequent related trial, had concluded. This, you may think, is for obvious reasons. A media circus and orchestrated attempt at martyrdom by Lennon and his followers – as was indeed attempted when the restrictions were defied by far-right blogs and foreign news outlets – would present exactly the sort of distraction that threatened to disrupt the very serious criminal proceedings that the judge was desperately seeking to keep on the rails.

In the event, the repeated breaches of the order by foreign news outlets and social media users meant that the judge’s intentions were thwarted. An application to discharge the reporting restriction was made on 29 May 2018 and the judge agreed that, in light of what had happened over the Bank Holiday weekend, restrictions should be lifted to allow publication of the facts.

It is also worth noting that there is a Practice Direction dealing with situations where defendants are imprisoned for contempt of court. This requires that full judgments be published online and handed to the media where a person is committed to prison for contempt. As we can expect imminently.

As for the suggestion (by UKIP among others) that nobody has ever before been found in contempt of court and a postponement order made preventing the media from immediately reporting it, a handy example can be found on 22 May 2017, where one Stephen Yaxley-Lennon was found to be in contempt at Canterbury, and a postponement order was made restricting publication until the end of the substantive trial.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Oh dear.  Please, I beg you, read this article which sets out to debunk the myths which you seem to be rather prone to falling for.  Don't forget that your hero pleaded guilty and told the judge he "bitterly regretted" his actions.  Hardly the course of conduct of a martyr! 

You've got every right to express your views on this forum, but I refuse to sit idly by and let your promotion of this vile bigot go unchallenged.  Sorry.

Ok, I know what Robinson is and what he stands for and I do not like him at all.

However.....

If you want scumbags like him to flourish, for people to migrate to the far right and scream conspiracy ,all you need to do is to hold a trial of nine men accused of grooming kids for theirs and others sexual gratification behind closed doors.

I am struggling to see what separates these individuals from other assorted paedophiles, rapists and sexual monsters, who DO get named at trial, apart from the obvious cultural and religious differences.

Protecting the victims? Rape victims are never named, the accused are.

Paedophiles are named, their victims never are.

It is very easy to accuse and shout conspiracy when there is no transparency and, on the face of it, the accused are not named when, ordinarily, they would be and their victims never are and never will be.

Irrespective of the circumstances, I do not see a logical reason for holding this trial behind closed doors, it just fans the flames of racism, predudice and wild accusations.

It is hardly surprising that the far right loons have garnered support when there has been systematic failures of our systems to protect our kids because 'we didn't want to be accused of racism' or 'they acted that way because of cultural differences'

This latest event has hardly helped matters, has it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

That's fine people who don't like him and the government won he is locked away now and 3 kids could grow up without a dad.I don't know what qualifys as a bigot but I've never heard him belittle someone for skin colour Honestly. If his views on islam are seen as Bigotted then How can someone voice a criticism of islam without being seen as a bigot? Or maybe he's a bigot for the people he's hung around with and groups he's connected with if some i guess jeremy corbyn is a terrorist as is Sadiq Khan and many Labour/conservative MPs who have kept extremist company. I happen to believe islam is a serious threat to the mainly liberal socieity we live in and i happen to enjoy and want my kids to enjoy.I don't want it being replaced with a extreme religious conservative laws/government. We've seen the beginnings of extremism trying to take over parts of the UK.

Birmingham school plot

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/trojan-horse-jihadist-plot-take-6782881

The rise in islamist extremists in the Labour party and the rise in anti-Semitism.

Tower hamlets mayor playing the race card and trying to make tower hamlets his own little emirate

Mr Mawrey said Mr Rahman, whom he described an “evasive” witness, was a man who “perceives racism everywhere” and along with his lieutenants had repeatedly used accusations of racial prejudice or Islamophobia as a stock response to criticism.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tower-hamlets-mayor-lutfur-rahman-found-guilty-of-election-corruption-and-barred-from-office-10198149.html

I have different views on tommy robinson and right wing has always been my default view they just make sense to me I imagine its the same for people on the left. I don't believe in restriction and i think the government has enough power as it is. Allowing feelings and perceived offence to predict law is dangerous (see mr rahmans election in tower hamlets)which the left are obsessed with. Useful idiots on the left are being used by the government to grab more power and bring in more and more laws to stop opposition and by muslims faking outrage and offence to snatch power.The next stage is criticism of MPs being seen as a terrorist act or a racist act if the MP in question is non-white. Look at Sadiq Khan doing a really shite job but apprently people only think that because they're racist and not the fact he really is doing a shite job.Or again mr rahman using racism to silence criticism while he was commiting election fraud. If you don't think these are problems for the future of our country then I can't help you DDT. I happen to think from the years of being on here your a nice person from your posts and we have different points of view Is fine,I hope healthy political debate like this Is possible in the future.

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ok, I know what Robinson is and what he stands for and I do not like him at all.

However.....

If you want scumbags like him to flourish, for people to migrate to the far right and scream conspiracy ,all you need to do is to hold a trial of nine men accused of grooming kids for theirs and others sexual gratification behind closed doors.

I am struggling to see what separates these individuals from other assorted paedophiles, rapists and sexual monsters, who DO get named at trial, apart from the obvious cultural and religious differences.

Protecting the victims? Rape victims are never named, the accused are.

Paedophiles are named, their victims never are.

It is very easy to accuse and shout conspiracy when there is no transparency and, on the face of it, the accused are not named when, ordinarily, they would be and their victims never are and never will be.

Irrespective of the circumstances, I do not see a logical reason for holding this trial behind closed doors, it just fans the flames of racism, predudice and wild accusations.

It is hardly surprising that the far right loons have garnered support when there has been systematic failures of our systems to protect our kids because 'we didn't want to be accused of racism' or 'they acted that way because of cultural differences'

This latest event has hardly helped matters, has it!

There are still two more trials to come, both linked to the same case.  There are so many defendants that it would not have been practical  to try them all at once.  This is why reporting restrictions are in place.  Once these trials have been concluded, all reporting restrictions will be lifted.  If there were no restrictions in place, then media coverage of the trial which has just concluded would prejudice the outcome of the trials yet to commence.  

Many people have been charged after literally thousands of hours of investigations by the police and the CPS to ensure things run smoothly, so that the victims receive their rights and the defendants receive theirs.  But then 'Robinson', a convicted criminal and thug, turns up at court, starts videoing things and makes it all about him, completely undermining the heart breaking and depressing work of the police and everybody else involved.  

In my view, it is likely that 'Robinson' and his deluded supporters, some who are very high profile, have already lit a fuse which may lead to a mistrial. Any victims of truly hideous crimes may have to go through the whole process again (at enormous financial expense as well).  The real irony is that 'Robinson' is so arrogant that he really thinks it is him exposing something, when there’s already a court case going on!  

15 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I happen to think from the years of being on here your a nice person from your posts and we have different points of view Is fine,I hope healthy political debate like this Is possible in the future.

Thank you.  I have no wish to make this personal and respect your views, even if I completely disagree with them :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

There are still two more trials to come, both linked to the same case.  There are so many defendants that it would not have been practical  to try them all at once.  This is why reporting restrictions are in place.  Once these trials have been concluded, all reporting restrictions will be lifted.  If there were no restrictions in place, then media coverage of the trial which has just concluded would prejudice the outcome of the trials yet to commence.  

Many people have been charged after literally thousands of hours of investigations by the police and the CPS to ensure things run smoothly, so that the victims receive their rights and the defendants receive theirs.  But then 'Robinson', a convicted criminal and thug, turns up at court, starts videoing things and makes it all about him, completely undermining the heart breaking and depressing work of the police and everybody else involved.  

In my view, it is likely that 'Robinson' and his deluded supporters, some who are very high profile, have already lit a fuse which may lead to a mistrial. Any victims of truly hideous crimes may have to go through the whole process again (at enormous financial expense as well).  The real irony is that 'Robinson' is so arrogant that he really thinks it is him exposing something, when there’s already a court case going on!  

That point is bang on the money tbf.

All else may well be true, I bow to your greater knowledge of the trial and processes. :)

He's Irish ffs, 3 kids means he's basically a homosexual.

If you're under threat from Court, even if you're in the right, breach the Order then whine?

He's a cock.

Irrespective of his beliefs, he is a fucking bellend.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

The latest bollocks from CDAN concerns another fake death.

It's probably meant to be James Dean but it seems unlikely.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/06/todays-blind-items-he-died-again.html

You pull out some gems Handy!! :)

• Thanks 1

Oh Z :(

• Haha 1

Actually I take that back.

Not Zorders.

Its a Harry take on Z.

Post hidden and Dr Z's latest incarnation banished.

The fact he keeps coming back suggests he needs us rather more than we need him.

• Like 2

Its not him......

5 minutes ago, charon said:

Its not him......

IP address suggests otherwise!

Hmmmm.

Still doubt it.

IP address means not a lot, and if you making a Z clone, that post included everything.

And while the IP subject raised DI, can you please unban the main 3 UK IP address?

Have to use the variable one for the last 4 years every time I buy a new phone, which good for other forums, but this one I ain't been bumped from and its annoying.

4 minutes ago, charon said:

Hmmmm.

Still doubt it.

IP address means not a lot, and if you making a Z clone, that post included everything.

Well, this is the conspiracy thread! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, charon said:

And while the IP subject raised DI, can you please unban the main 3 UK IP address?

Have to use the variable one for the last 4 years every time I buy a new phone, which good for other forums, but this one I ain't been bumped from and its annoying.

What do you mean by main 3 UK IPs? Maybe give me more specifics in private?

45 minutes ago, charon said:

Actually I take that back.

Not Zorders.

Its a Harry take on Z.

Where??????

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Where??????

Fuck, I missed it!!!

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fuck, I missed it!!!

So did I.  Too absorbed in Handy's James Dean conspiracy link.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Death Impends said:

What do you mean by main 3 UK IPs? Maybe give me more specifics in private?

Hi DI, tried by pm but you can't upload images via that.

3 UK is one of the 4 UK mobile operators.

Sim card is set to a static IP unless you add a variable one as I do by changing the APN slightly.

50% of the time with the static one it comes up as banned so I use the variable one.

Went back to static and 'banned'.

I guess that anyone who uses 3 network has the same problem (I know other members on 3 have had it happen too)

Screenshots ...

Screenshot_20180608-144740.thumb.png.297ff86c5cfc8536d7696286312644c0.png

Screenshot_20180608-151505.thumb.png.9b0702151715be9ed3d2570ab8c79dd0.png

Screenshot_20180608-144828.thumb.png.4d502e3da61a2faa223a4e0cea97e74c.png

Hope that helps, haven't had the time to try it for more than 2 of the banned IP addresses.

Thanks for the info. Strangely I can't find the IP address in your post via a search for banned IPs. So seems a bit more complex than just looking up the IP and unbanning it but will look more into it.

Cheers.

I don't know how many fixed IPS they use but it will be a limited amount.

3 hours ago, charon said:

Cheers.

I don't know how many fixed IPS they use but it will be a limited amount.

You have to keep one step ahead, they ban you, you move onto the next one, they ban you you mo....:lol:

• Haha 2