WonderingAboutDeath

Rupaul And Other Drag Queens

Italian unfunny drag queen Drusilla Foer (wikihospitalised with bilateral pneumonia, but improving.

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Jason Sutton aka Miss Jason, Brighton based drag queen, reportedly dead: 

Sutton's website details appearances on such shows as The Weakest Link and Blankety Blank, though the IMDB link doesn't cover them seemingly: https://www.missjason.co.uk/about/

Fucking bonkers. Saw him perform just last month.

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Fucking bonkers. Saw him perform just last month.

Sounds like he's not been well for some time, fundraisers, yada yada yada.

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Sounds like he's not been well for some time, fundraisers, yada yada yada.

He seemed absolutely fine on stage a few weeks ago. I wasn't aware he was ill. Nonetheless, he was in his 60s and drank most nights like there's no tomorrow. All catches up with you I guess.

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He seemed absolutely fine on stage a few weeks ago. I wasn't aware he was ill. Nonetheless, he was in his 60s and drank most nights like there's no tomorrow. All catches up with you I guess.

Claimed 54 as age in this clip from Sky News.

Clip says it is from last year, though Maisie was around 2021/2022, so I'm guessing  didn't even make 60.

Was due to be in a pantomime this Christmas according to tributes I’ve seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Claimed 54 as age in this clip from Sky News.

Clip says it is from last year, though Maisie was around 2021/2022, so I'm guessing  didn't even make 60.

Had to dig through Facebook and look through hundreds of tributes to work this out but this is him:

Births Mar 1968   (>99%)
SUTTON  JASON FREDERICK  GREENFIELD  PORTSMOUTH  6B 831
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Sutton's website details appearances on such shows as The Weakest Link and Blankety Blank, though the IMDB link doesn't cover them seemingly: https://www.missjason.co.uk/about/

For completeness I'm going to note that the IMDb page for Miss Jason has 2 different people confused. The drag queen Miss Jason (aka Jason Sutton) did appear in Maisie.

The other Miss Jason is this British YouTube star, who appears in the Celeste music video. I watched that music video twice earlier and thought I was going mad when I couldn't find him and that's why. Mel C makes an appearance in that music vid strangely enough.

So I'm guessing the YouTube star just pops up in random stuff but isn't a "performer" as such given the sensible Equity rule of not allowing the same name to be used by two individuals.

• Like 2

On 23/04/2024 at 10:37, YoungWillz said:

BBC and ITV obits for Miss Jason. Suspected this might be the case as he was widely loved. Still, wasn't really my cuppa. If I was in a pub and he was on a stage I'd politely watch and sing along but his act was showtunes, which is not really my thing. I much prefer the drag acts that do dark comedy or 70s/80s/90s jukebox.

• Like 1