Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Nadhim Zahawi confirms he paid nearly £5m to settle his tax bill to HMRC. He insisted, however, that HMRC had found it was a non-deliberate and "careless" mistake. Because, you know, it's an everyday occurrence that somebody fails to pay nearly £5m in tax. :angry: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68999222

IMG_7346.png

• Haha 7

Sunackered is about to make a pre-election speech in about 10-15 mins time, setting out that we’re at a crossroads and to please “vote for a secure future with the Conservatives” et fucking cetera.

Until he actually calls the election, all these shitty interventions of his will be a complete waste of everyone’s time.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, TQR said:

Sunackered is about to make a pre-election speech in about 10-15 mins time, setting out that we’re at a crossroads and to please “vote for a secure future with the Conservatives” et fucking cetera.

Until he actually calls the election, all these shitty interventions of his will be a complete waste of everyone’s time.

Wants to build on the success of the last 14 years.

He's laughing at you. He's pissing on your chips (assuming you can afford to buy them).

It's all too dangerous out there. We know Sunak, look at knife crime. Look at the reduction in Army numbers. Look at our leaky borders which Rwanda does nothing to fix.

• Like 2

In response to Chris Mason's question whether it was him or Starmer, here was Sunak's response: 

• Like 1

This speech fringe Rishi is sheer utter rubbish. 20 points behind in the opinion polls, clinging to power like a stubborn skid mark on a pair of underpants... 

I'll make the education system great. Yes mate. You've had 15 years to do that...

• Like 2

Just how long can he get away with repeating that 'working assumption' line about the date of the general election when he is literally the only person in the country with the power to decide EXACTLY when it'll be? What a tosspot. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Reminds me of 2015 and the "choice" between stability with David Cameron or the Coalition of  Chaos of Labour, Lib Dems and SNP under Ed Miliband. Within the year we'd left the EU, parliament was gridlocked, Teresa May came and went and Boris was in charge, all before 5 years had passed. How terrible it would have been to have Ed in charge instead. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Reminds me of 2015 and the "choice" between stability with David Cameron or the Coalition of  Chaos of Labour, Lib Dems and SNP under Ed Miliband. Within the year we'd left the EU, parliament was gridlocked, Teresa May came and went and Boris was in charge, all before 5 years had passed. How terrible it would have been to have Ed in charge instead. :rolleyes:

Rarely a day goes by that I don't long for Chaos With Ed Miliband, frankly.

• Like 3

Message for Sunak and the rest of the Tory Party.

It is high time that we put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice. You are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.  You are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? You have no more religion than a horse; gold is your God; which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

You sordid prostitutes, have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord’s temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? You are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, and are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon us to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given us, we are now come to do.

We command you therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! You venal slaves be gone! In the name of God, go!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Toast said:

Message for Sunak and the rest of the Tory Party.

It is high time that we put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice. You are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.  You are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? You have no more religion than a horse; gold is your God; which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

You sordid prostitutes, have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord’s temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? You are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, and are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon us to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given us, we are now come to do.

We command you therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! You venal slaves be gone! In the name of God, go!

This is great, but please allow me to do an atheist-friendly translation:

Fire yourselves into the sun you bunch of corrupt, dangerous, immoral, irresponsble, stupid, odious, ignorant, greedy, despicable, inept, fraudulent, bigoted, fascistic, heartless, snivelling, delusional, treacherous, hateful, country-wrecking Tory cunts.

Or just the simple and effective football chant..."DUH DUH DUHDUH, FACK THE TORIES, DUH DUH DUHDUH, FACK THE TORIES..."

• Like 6

It's Oliver Cromwell's dismissal of Parliament, so I left it largely unedited. I just changed Ye to You, and made it first person plural instead of singular.

Plus ça change ...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

It's Oliver Cromwell's dismissal of Parliament, so I left it largely unedited. I just changed Ye to You, and made it first person plural instead of singular.

Plus ça change ...

I like to think that, in a parallel universe somewhere, Sunak and his wretched 'rump' government are currently being dismissed by a modern day Cromwell who, in my imagination, looks and sounds exactly like Jonathan Pie.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Plus ça change ...

There's barely been a day in the past several years where I haven't looked at the news, seen what passes for parliamentary debate these days and not had quotes from Cromwell booming in my head.