Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Just now, TQR said:

God, this is like pulling teeth.

They are no longer using the ‘£28bn’ figure as they can’t guarantee what the economy will look like in a few months time. That’s all they’re “scrapping”.

Jesus Christ on a crystal meth binge.

They won’t mention the environment much at all during the election campaign. For swing voters green is often a turn off. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

They won’t mention the environment much at all during the election campaign. For swing voters green is often a turn off. 

SOURCE?

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, TQR said:

SOURCE?

Just a feeling. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 4

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

SOURCE?

Do yourself a favour and just block him, mate. You're going to give yourself a stroke. 

To be honest, quibbling over a figure with a basement-dwelling cretin is not really of interest when, frankly, the PM has behaved so disgustingly.

The tragedy is this trans “joke” he cracked in Commons would normally have gone unreported, and it is only being seen as the gross, dehumanising, nasty little attempt at political point scoring it is because Brianna Ghey’s mother was watching in the chamber. Trans people are once again the butt of his jibes, while his vile party behind him all laugh openly in the face of the bereaved parents of a young trans murder victim, and indeed the countless other bereaved parents and victims of transphobic attacks.

Sickening.

• Like 9
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Do yourself a favour and just block him, mate. You're going to give yourself a stroke. 

No. I enjoy calling out misinformation.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I get the feeling that TOC is the sort of person who goes to a cash machine that says "Free cash" and thinks it means that it doesn't come out of his bank account. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

To be honest, quibbling over a figure with a basement-dwelling cretin is not really of interest when, frankly, the PM has behaved so disgustingly.

The tragedy is this trans “joke” he cracked in Commons would normally have gone unreported, and it is only being seen as the gross, dehumanising, nasty little attempt at political point scoring it is because Brianna Ghey’s mother was watching in the chamber. Trans people are once again the butt of his jibes, while his vile party behind him all laugh openly in the face of the bereaved parents of a young trans murder victim, and indeed the countless other bereaved parents and victims of transphobic attacks.

Sickening.

Indeed and it is the hateful environment fostered by him and many other cretins on both sides of the pond that made the murder of Brianna Ghey, and many other trans people, possible. They all need to choke on the bile they spew ASAP; would make my reaction to Henry Kissinger's death look like my reaction to Ronnie Spector's by comparison.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Indeed and it is the hateful environment fostered by him and many other cretins on both sides of the pond that made the murder of Brianna Ghey, and many other trans people, possible. They all need to choke on the bile they spew ASAP; would make my reaction to Henry Kissinger's death look like my reaction to Ronnie Spector's by comparison.

Sunak has invited the parents to Number 10.

No apology though. Why on earth would they visit the home of a transphobe?

It's like Elmer Fudd asking Bugs Bunny over for a rabbit pie dinner.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TQR said:

God, this is like pulling teeth.

They are no longer using the ‘£28bn’ figure as they can’t guarantee what the economy will look like in a few months time. That’s all they’re “scrapping”. Not the policy.

Jesus Christ on a crystal meth binge.

This is the sort of nuance that is getting lost in the current level of political discourse

The By-election victory last year convinced Sunak that people don't like Green policies and has doubled down on support for fossil fuels.

Labour have always identified the Green Economy as something that could be an opportunity for UK businesses to lead in but they are wary of the red wall voters who may be turned off by specific green incentives that could push up costs in the short term (The Tata steel decision has also highlighted the danger on this).

However the environment is important to a key sector of the Labour core vote and those votes could go to the Lib Dems or Green party which may cost Labour marginal seats

I still trust Labour more than the Conservatives on the environment but am constantly disappointed by his messaging

For example during the business meeting last week instead of blankly stating that Labour are the party of business he should have said that Labour will always support responsible buisnesses to thrive. Businesses have broken trust with the British people and need to rebuild it so that voters can see the benefit to Britain of British businesses succeeding in jobs, quality, tax revenue and fair pay.

I hope the election is in May

• Like 4

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Sunak has invited the parents to Number 10.

No apology though. Why on earth would they visit the home of a transphobe?

It's like Elmer Fudd asking Bugs Bunny over for a rabbit pie dinner.

Sunak still refusing to apologise.

I'm unclear on Sunak's position on what a woman is....no journo seems to be asking that question.

Normally he is Mr Smiley when talking. He looks like someone has died in front of him. Of course, he'd probably say they were faking it, and it was all their fault they dropped to the ground in his way.

Thousand quid bet on him losing the election.

• Like 2

Oh wait - I know what transphobe Sunak's position is:

He needs to get out more. 

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This is the sort of nuance that is getting lost in the current level of political discourse

The By-election victory last year convinced Sunak that people don't like Green policies and has doubled down on support for fossil fuels.

Labour have always identified the Green Economy as something that could be an opportunity for UK businesses to lead in but they are wary of the red wall voters who may be turned off by specific green incentives that could push up costs in the short term (The Tata steel decision has also highlighted the danger on this).

However the environment is important to a key sector of the Labour core vote and those votes could go to the Lib Dems or Green party which may cost Labour marginal seats

I still trust Labour more than the Conservatives on the environment but am constantly disappointed by his messaging

For example during the business meeting last week instead of blankly stating that Labour are the party of business he should have said that Labour will always support responsible buisnesses to thrive. Businesses have broken trust with the British people and need to rebuild it so that voters can see the benefit to Britain of British businesses succeeding in jobs, quality, tax revenue and fair pay.

I hope the election is in May

This is what happens when people fail to read past the headlines. Nuance is a thing of the past in politics these days because nobody can be arsed to click on a link as they're scrolling through their social media and they just take a single soundbite at face value. 

I hope it's in May too but the closer we get, the more convinced I'm becoming that this coward of a prime minister really is determined to cling on to the bitter end.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

This is what happens when people fail to read past the headlines. Nuance is a thing of the past in politics these days because nobody can be arsed to click on a link as they're scrolling through their social media and they just take a single soundbite at face value. 

I hope it's in May too but the closer we get, the more convinced I'm becoming that this coward of a prime minister really is determined to cling on to the bitter end.  

The Sun said the other day the election might be October to avoid clashing with the USA election directly. 

• Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Sun said the other day the election might be October to avoid clashing with the USA election directly. 

Why are you reading The Sun? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Oh wait - I know what transphobe Sunak's position is:

He needs to get out more. 

I recently read Amy Schneider's book (highly successful trans Jeopardy champion, naturally DI idol) and she pointed out that while extremely online T*RFs were being their usual gnat-y selves to her, the older everyday folk who make the bulk of Jeopardy's viewing audience, even if they were right leaning, had no qualms seeing as her as the woman she is!

Further underscores that in addition to their many, many moral failings, transphobes are really fucking stupid.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I recently read Amy Schneider's book (highly successful trans Jeopardy champion, naturally DI idol) and she pointed out that while extremely online T*RFs were being their usual gnat-y selves to her, the older everyday folk who make the bulk of Jeopardy's viewing audience, even if they were right leaning, had no qualms seeing as her as the woman she is!

Further underscores that in addition to their many, many moral failings, transphobes are really fucking stupid.

I am not sure if you aware but there was a multi episode trans winner, Emma Laslett, on the British Jeopardy during the recent revival series. While she had won primetime quizzes on the lesser watched/ more middle class leaning BBC2 she might well have been the first openly trans winner of a daytime quiz on the more mainstream ITV.

• Like 1

Just now, The Old Crem said:

I am not sure if you aware but there was a multi episode trans winner, Emma Laslett, on the British Jeopardy during the recent revival series. While she had won primetime quizzes on the lesser watched/ more middle class leaning BBC2 she might well have been the first openly trans winner of a daytime quiz on the more mainstream ITV.

That's news to me, awesome to hear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

That's news to me, awesome to hear.

It is. Particularly as she was the contestant caught up in a TERF meltdown a few years ago when she made the final of a long running radio quiz which was described as the first all female final. After the amount of hate that occurred then nobody would blame anyone for not wanting to be in the public eye again.  

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

A bunch of crap from twitter

*Hands Crem a foil blanket, a paper bag and a hot drink*

• Facepalm 1