Davey Jones' Locker

Maggie Kirkpatrick

The accuser was 14, so this is not a paedophile case.

Yes, okay hebephilia if we want to get technical... Weren't most of Rolf's victims adolescents too?

I don't see why we shouldn't be picky technical.

There is a big difference between being sexually attracted to teenagers who are legally minors, and being sexually attracted to prepubescent children. We have words at our disposal that distinguish between the two, and it is a great pity that the word 'paedophilia' is so carelessly bandied about.

Why should our rich language be rendered increasingly imprecise?

• Like 4

Yes, okay hebephilia if we want to get technical... Weren't most of Rolf's victims adolescents too?

There is a big difference between being sexually attracted to teenagers who are legally minors, and being sexually attracted to prepubescent children. We have words at our disposal that distinguish between the two, and it is a great pity that the word 'paedophilia' is so carelessly bandied about.

I don't mind going on the record here. I've always tended toward 'younger' women, my wife was 7 years my lesser (at 35) for instance. However let's not get carried away. I'm not talking about fahkin 12-yr olds here, but certainly 16-17 would have been my fancy, as I was 18 once too you know. Guess that made me a felonious peadophile in some eyes. Oh well. (As if).

SirC

I don't mind going on the record here. I've always tended toward 'younger' women, my wife was 7 years my lesser (at 35) for instance. However let's not get carried away. I'm not talking about fahkin 12-yr olds here, but certainly 16-17 would have been my fancy, as I was 18 once too you know. Guess that made me a felonious peadophile in some eyes. Oh well. (As if).

SirC

Aye, but to be fair, if a 23 year old finds themselves lusting after an octagenarian, there's nowt legally wrong with it?

SirC

It's absolutely natural for men to be attracted to young girls who have passed puberty. Once Mother Nature has given us the wherewithal to reproduce, she expects us to get on with it. Just because humans in some places have invented laws limiting the age at which they consider it acceptable, it doesn't make the instinct or desire unnatural or perverted.

SirC

Aye, but to be fair, if a 23 year old finds themselves lusting after an octagenarian, there's nowt legally wrong with it?

The Daily Mail would still be tempted to call the octogenarian a paedophile though.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Reveals she is still suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder after wrongful conviction: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9049155/Prisoner-star-Maggie-Kirkpatrick-suffers-PTSD-wrongful-conviction.html

I am a huge fan of Prisoner Cell Block H but I am not such   a fan of Maggie;'s since she slagged off the fan club and said we had no lives. https://www.newidea.com.au/maggie-kirkpatrick-tells-prisoner-fans-to-get-a-life We are her bread and butter.Without us Prisoner would never be the world wide success it has become.She should respect us more ! :angry:

On 04/09/2015 at 18:07, Sir Cunto said:

SirC

Well my dad was 22 when he started dating my mum who was 16 at the time.They have now been happily married for 58 years and I am the product of it so  make of that what you will !