Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

10 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Ruby Chappelle Boyd (wiki)

American librarian.
Born March 18, 1919 in Philadelphia (so 105 if still with us).

Received media coverage in 2009 aged 90 and in 2010 aged 91.

So what the hell happened to her? No trace anywhere, and this one is really bugging me.

Seems to be referenced as still living in 2018 and this past August.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just saw an edit that American actress Barbara Barrie (Wiki) died recently

I would say bullshit, for a name like her who has been nominated for Oscar, Tony and a Primetime Emmy Award is impossible

According to a book I am listening to written by Whoopi Goldberg “Bits and Pieces”. Barbara Barrie passed away recently. I can’t find any information to back up whether Barbara is still living.

Im not familar with this book, so?

Edit: She was alive on June 2024

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Xkw4MszPox1dbbD1/?mibextid=xfxF2i

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I would say bullshit, for a name like her who has been nominated for Oscar, Tony and a Primetime Emmy Award is impossible

According to a book I am listening to written by Whoopi Goldberg “Bits and Pieces”. Barbara Barrie passed away recently. I can’t find any information to back up whether Barbara is still living.

I am sure the book is full of hot air and total BS. I would not loose sleep on it, I am sure she is alive and well for the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Sounds like Whoopi is telling a big fat whopper if you ask me.

I’d be impressed if she can spell “Barbara Barrie” frankly.

17 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Startiger has her most recent reply on 12 August 2024. Request was sent on 3 June 2024.

On 04/04/2021 at 23:47, Ulitzer95 said:

@Octopus of Odstock, had a bit of spare time tonight so did the names on your Jimmy Stewart list who are over 85. Only found one death – Jacques Roux, in 2006. The five four in gold I can't be sure if they're alive or not – though I'm sure msc will know about Evans. All the rest are still with us!

Jack McDermott – Living in Hollywood, Florida as of 2021.
Robert Banas – Lives in Encino, California and still returning signed fan mail as of March 2021.

Two deaths off the list in 2024 on here that I haven't seen posted here:

Jack McDermott - https://www.landmarkfuneralhome.com/john-jack-mcdermott

Robert Banas - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13690469/Bobby-Banas-dead-90-Dancer-West-Story-Mary-Poppins.html

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Two deaths off the list in 2024 on here that I haven't seen posted here:

Jack McDermott - https://www.landmarkfuneralhome.com/john-jack-mcdermott

Robert Banas - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13690469/Bobby-Banas-dead-90-Dancer-West-Story-Mary-Poppins.html

Thanks OoO.

I've updated the list. 

Banas' death was covered by alt obits guy under a name variation.

The death of Jack McDermott means that Charmienne Harker (born 1924) and Priscilla Montgomery (born 1929) are the last Jimmy Stewart co-stars born in the 1920s.

On 30/07/2024 at 05:47, alt obits guy said:

Bobby Banas, who danced in West Side Story and several other dozen movies and TV shows, often uncredited, has died. He was 90.

https://extratv.com/2024/07/29/bobby-banas-dancer-in-west-side-story-and-viral-nitty-gritty-video-dies-at-90/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Thanks OoO.

The death of Jack McDermott means that Charmienne Harker (born 1924) and Priscilla Montgomery (born 1929) are the last Jimmy Stewart co-stars born in the 1920s.

Off that list, yes, but because they're more famous (or.covered elsewhere) I didn't ask anyone to check the following but these are also alive:

Caren Marsh Doll

Pete Murray 

Lee Grant

Peggy Dow

Lisa Lu

Garry Watson

Marion Ross 

Vera Miles

A dwindling list for sure though, McDermotts death means just 10 left pre-1930

• Like 1

Looking around and ran across actor Jerry Potter who played in Misery, The Quick and the Dead, Rhinstone...Google claims that he was born in1914, 110 years old.  Now I know Google is about as helpful as a broken crutch most times, but I cannot seem to find anything that he may have died either. Anyone know anything about him?  I would figure if there truly was a 110 year old actor that he would be in some death pools.

28 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

Looking around and ran across actor Jerry Potter who played in Misery, The Quick and the Dead, Rhinstone...Google claims that he was born in1914, 110 years old.  Now I know Google is about as helpful as a broken crutch most times, but I cannot seem to find anything that he may have died either. Anyone know anything about him?  I would figure if there truly was a 110 year old actor that he would be in some death pools.

He's obviously dead as the oldest man in the USA is a month younger.

There are 1000s of profiles on IMDb with no death dates, doesn't mean they're alive, just means they're obscure.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He's obviously dead as the oldest man in the USA is a month younger.

There are 1000s of profiles on IMDb with no death dates, doesn't mean they're alive, just means they're obscure.

I figured he was dead.. Just did not know if someone wiser could find his Obit

4 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

I figured he was dead.. Just did not know if someone wiser could find his Obit

What's the point?

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

What's the point?

Just pure curiosity is all. See a profile of a supposed 110 year old man and one wonders when he actually died and how old.  I was just searching Misery cast to see if there were any living cast members alive other then Kathy Bates and he was shown as 110.. I did not believe it but was curious if anyone had any facts on him.

• Like 1

1914? Come on. He's the guy that runs the shop in Misery. Clearly he's not ~5 years older than Richard Farnsworth there.

He's still alive, and he was still acting recently. This IMDb page is also him. He was born on December 2, 1938. Here's his Facebook page.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, tracy said:

1914? Come on. He's the guy that runs the shop in Misery. Clearly he's not ~5 years older than Richard Farnsworth there.

He's still alive, and he was still acting recently. This IMDb page is also him. He was born on December 2, 1938. Here's his Facebook page.

Thanks Tracy. It was a long time since I watch that movie and did not remember the roll he might have played.  Why on earth they do not fix their stupidity is beyond me.  How on earth do they put in someone's profile they were born in 1914 when in fact it was 1938

On 15/03/2021 at 23:44, Ulitzer95 said:

39) Mimis Plessas (IMDb) composer – Greek. Last credit was in 2017. Quiet since then...

Greek composer Mimis Plessas (Wiki)

dead at 99, seven days before his 100th birthday

17281077229521876197019407189263.jpg.2e39a08626b11017ff3ff43ea8869a4d.jpg

• Like 5

Does anyone know whether or not Greek actress Zeta Apostolou is still alive? Her last credit was in 1999, so she could have just retired, but she would probably be in her late 80s at the youngest at the moment, so I'm not entirely confident that she hasn't since died.

Edit: I think this confirms that she is still alive.

On 23/09/2023 at 19:44, drol said:

Out of the other born in 1917 I'm not sure Frederico Fischer and Maria Teresa Sesé are still alive. 

I'd say last notable people from 1917 are Whang-od (likely born 1925, on Vogue cover last year), Song Ping (Politburo member in the 80s, A-lister politician), Ena Collymore-Woodstock (Jamaican first woman magistrate), Yang You (oldest CAE member, teacher to Huang Xuhua) and Robert R. Holt (quite big name in Academia). 

The rest don't have a real claim to fame.

According to both Spanish and Catalan Wikis, Maria Teresa Sesé (English wiki) died in 2019. Would make sense, because you don't get coverage on your 100th birthday, then get as far as 107 without any further attention.

Can anyone find any evidence of this?

Edit: Is VIAF a credible source to change her Wiki?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, time said:

Question being asked on Xtwitter if any fancies a challenge!

https://x.com/AbbaFan102/status/1844814536546685005?t=DB8_wtRiLVWLH-WMdxVy8A&s=19

She (for search purposes, Sheila Fearn) later married an American businessman, whose 2019 obituary notes that she survives him. One of the final posts of this Britmovie thread states that she was living in London as of 2020, having previously lived in Oxfordshire, which aligns with the mention in her husband's obit. Unless she has died since, which I cannot find a mention of, she's still alive, probably in either London or Oxfordshire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

She (for search purposes, Sheila Fearn) later married an American businessman, whose 2019 obituary notes that she survives him. One of the final posts of this Britmovie thread states that she was living in London as of 2020, having previously lived in Oxfordshire, which aligns with the mention in her husband's obit. Unless she has died since, which I cannot find a mention of, she's still alive, probably in either London or Oxfordshire.

Seems to have been alive up to the end of 2023 as per GRO.

On 24/04/2024 at 16:36, LWCZ said:

I got bit of a tricky one. I think many people on this site came across this song (which went viral about a year or two ago as "the first rap song").

I'm 101% sure that George McFadden, the bass vocalist of The Jubalaires is long dead (he'd probably be supercentenarian by now if he wasn't). However, unlike the rest of the group, there seems to be no information about him, anywhere (both when he was born and when he passed). I've been trying to find anything on him for the past few weeks, but to no avail.

The only relevant info I have is that after the Jubalaires dissolved, he started performing as "Biggie McFadden" (with The Jubilee Four, with whom he also performed in 1964 Viva Las Vegas; their song "The Climb" has been reportedly produced by Elvis Presley himself), and that he performed at least until 1979 (as a backing vocalist on Ry Cooder's album Bop Till You Drop).

Seems that after almost 6 months of searching I finally found some more information on George McFadden. George W. McFadden (George Washington McFadden?) was born around 1922 in South Carolina, lived in Pennsylvania in 1940s (according to the census, two of his children were born there; also checks out with him joining The Jubalaires in 1941), and then moved to Los Angeles some time before 1950 (the 1950 census shows his occupation as "singer", so I strongly believe it's him, also checks out). I still haven't found anything on his death but I'm sure I'm getting close.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2024 at 02:18, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm not subscribed to Ancestry anymore as I barely use it, however I can still see summaries of search results. Is this guy maybe him? You'd have to prove a Korean War link to be certain.

I think the guy you've sent is him. Leonard was supposedly from Mississippi (born in 1928), and this is a 1946 draft registration card of a Terrell Leonard, born in 1928 (just one day before the date written on the grave) in Mississippi, who lived in California in 1946 (the Marv Goldberg's R&B site also mentions he resided in California after 2011). That leaves all the original Robins dead since 2017.

• Like 1