Sign in to follow this  
BrunoBrimley

Stranger Than Death

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.

John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

A difference in 100 years time.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.

John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Another 100 years time difference.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Unstable evidence.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Strange.

Lincoln ’s secretary was named Kennedy.

Kennedy’s Secretary was named Lincoln.

Interesting.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Almost as interesting.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

I'm beginning to see this similar pattern.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

It's getting hard to call it all a couinsidence?

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

More unstable evidence. But i'm allready convinced.

Lincoln was shot at a theater named ‘Ford.’

Kennedy was shot in a car called ‘ Lincoln’ made by ‘Ford.’

Well now i'm keeping an eye on Gerald Ford. If he is still alive to meet the next president, I wouldn't be suprised to hear of his assasination hours later.

Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.

Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.

From different directions. But it's like a puzzel gone backwords.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

Very convincing. Although I believe Booth lived untill possibly sometime in the early 1900's.

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland

A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

M and M's.

To state a conclution I believe time may be similar after certain periods of time. Kennedy was the Lincoln of the 1960's. I once read that Kennedy talked about his death as a joke moments before he was shot, as did Lincoln. A reincarnation? I don't think so. Now the only question remains, what other twins of time have fallen in disguise before our eyes?

• Like 1

Vincent Van Gogh was named after his elder brother, who had died as a newborn exactly one year before Vincent was born. Poor Vincent must have suffered some psychological damage when passing the cemetery on his way to school - and seeing his own name and birth date ( one year out ) on a headstone.

I think that's right anyway.... college was a long time ago.... :shoot:

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Jonh Wilkes Booth was actually born May 10th 1838

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Hardly surprising as Americans generally include the middle name when referring to an infamous person.

I'm sure if Mr Biggs was infamous in the US he'd be known as Ronald Arthur Biggs.

Hardly surprising as Americans generally include the middle name when referring to an infamous person.

Isn't Kennedy refered to as 'John F. Kennedy' rather than John Fitzgerald Kennedy'?

Just like Harry S. Truman. :shoot:

Isn't Kennedy refered to as 'John F. Kennedy' rather than John Fitzgerald Kennedy'?

Just like Harry S. Truman. ;)

I'll never be an infamous American - I don't have a middle name. :shoot:

Just like Harry S. Truman. :shoot:

Not sure Kennedy could be classed as infamous though.

I was thinking of people such as

Mark David Chapman

John Mark Karr.. etc

;)

Guest corpse watcher

bad enough you all is taking bets on whose going to die and then you does this. your moms must be real ashame of all of yous.

Well half of the time there is usually a reason why the middle name is included. Usually because somebody else exists with the name, to avoid conflict, it's present.

Terrible tear filled news for the Gann/Dellavalle/Caputo family as Granny Dellavalle died in the same week as her son-in-law George Gann. Poor Cathy Gann is now in the same place of begrievement as the dear Jean D'ANNA Trimarche who began this thread when she lost her mother and husband in a span of hours. Similar to them Agnes and George shared some commonalities...both died in Chesnee South Carolina, both used the same hospice care and both had children and both had been married long stretches of time and both were funeraled from the same locale which had an added oddity of its own. You see folks they processed from the Eggers Funeral Place which is eerily similar in name to Eger Nursing Home which is located on Staten Island where the both of these formerly lively folks once loved and lived. And both were cremated although they had different religious officiators...

Now on to the basics....(from the Spartanburg Herald)...

Agnes Dellavalle

CHESNEE, SC-- Agnes ODonnell Dellavalle, died on Sunday, November 26, 2006 in Rose Crest Nursing Home after a short illness. She was a loving mother and grandmother. Mrs. Dellavalle was born on May 16, 1919 in Staten Island, NY to the late Catherine and James ODonnell. She married Louis Caputo and together they had three children, Mr. Caputo died in 1941. She then married Nunzio Pat Dellavalle and together they had three children. Mr. Dellavalle died in 1994. Mrs. Dellavalle worked for Manufactures Hanover Trust in New York, NY.

She was predeceased by a brother, James ODonnell and sister Helen ODonnell. Mrs. Dellavalle moved with her husband Pat to Port Richey, FL in 1977 where she lived until 2001. Mrs. Dellavalle then moved and lived with her daughter, Catherine and her husband George Gann in Chesnee, SC. She leaves behind six children, She had twenty-three grandchildren; thirteen great-grandchildren, and was predeceased by a grandson, Michael Dellavalle, Jr.; and two great-grandsons, Daniel Gann and John Harris, III. She leaves behind many great-great-grandchildren.

The family will receive friends on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 from 6:30-8:00 PM at Eggers Funeral Home in Chesnee. Funeral services will follow in Eggers Funeral Home Chapel at 8:00 PM with Pastor Deborah Steed officiating.

Arrangements include cremation

and George...

GEORGE GANN SR.

Proprietor of businesses in Port Richmond

Friday, December 01, 2006

Longtime Staten Islander George E. Gann Sr., a retired Port Richmond business owner, died Tuesday in Chesnee South Carolina; he was 73

Born in Clinton, S.C., he moved to Stapleton with his mother in 1948.

Mr. Gann and his wife of 54 years, the former Catherine Caputo, moved to Port Richmond 27 years later. In 1998, they relocated to Chesnee.

Mr. Gann attended Curtis High School before joining the U.S. Army. He was stationed in Korea for 16 months during the Korean War.

His grandsons, Daniel Gann and John Joseph Harris III, died in 1977 and 2003

Surviving Mr. Gann are his wife, Catherine; his two sons, George Jr. and Glenn; his three daughters, Gail Seals, Gloria Gann and Gerrie Harris; his mother, Minnie Lee O'Donnell; a brother, Charles Gann; 15 grandchildren, and 12 great-grandchildren.

The funeral service is today at 6 p.m. in the chapel of Eggers Funeral Home and Crematory, Chesnee. Chaplin John Scherberger will preside. The arrangements include cremation.

I remember the youngin's... Gail and Gloria and vaguely even Glenn and of course Gerrilyn (Gerrie) who married John Harris Junior after they created John the 3rd, came as a shock to see that John the 3rd had died too.

Glenn broke his wrist around 1970...Gloria went on to be a nurse of some sort and the rest...well I was too drunk at the time to notice.

Another oddity...George Gann leaves behind his mother Minnie O'Donnell and O'Donnell was the birth name of his mother-in-law Agnes...

Grandmother Died 28th January

Grandfather Died 29th January

Father Died 30th January

Not all in same year but I am glad to see the 2nd February

• Sad 1

Not the same thing but when looking for my other great grandfather's death certificate I found a man with the same name, same parents names, same year of birth and same town of residence. I paid 13 pounds only to find out it wasn't him.

We still don't know where he ended up.

Quite odd given the size of Fraserburgh.

Guest Guest
Not the same thing but when looking for my other great grandfather's death certificate I found a man with the same name, same parents names, same year of birth and same town of residence. I paid 13 pounds only to find out it wasn't him.

How many squares is it? Did you know that in the U.S. that in order to make things simpler and neater that the H was dropped from all burghs excepting for Pittsburgh Pennsylvania? The nearly identicle Pittsburg in Kansas has no H.

How many squares is it? Did you know that in the U.S. that in order to make things simpler and neater that the H was dropped from all burghs excepting for Pittsburgh Pennsylvania? The nearly identicle Pittsburg in Kansas has no H.

Squares? What are these squares?

Miles, I think.

Guest Spectator

Miles, I think.

You are correct.

On a side note, are deaths in Texas more likely to occur at night or during the daytime? I have the answer for those who express an interest in it.

On a side note, are deaths in Texas more likely to occur at night or during the daytime? I have the answer for those who express an interest in it.

I would think it would depend on whether or not the Texas Department of Criminal Justice is involved. :pop:

During the day time.

On the basis that you are probably more likely to have a heart attack during the day (or choke).

Holywood sqares? 'Never watched the show' but it must have takin alot of time to put up the giant squares, 'The ones the celebrities sat in'

During the day time.

On the basis that you are probably more likely to have a heart attack during the day (or choke).

I'm with Windsor, partly because there's more hours in daytime than nighttime. I think.

bad enough you all is taking bets on whose going to die and then you does this. [y]our moms must be real ashame of all of yous.

With eight errors in two sentences, surely you don't expect anyone to take you seriously?

bad enough you all is taking bets on whose going to die and then you does this. [y]our moms must be real ashame of all of yous.

Corpse watcher needs to take grammar lessons. :)

My mom would be ashamed of me if I posted something written that badly.

bad enough you all is taking bets on whose going to die and then you does this. your moms must be real ashame of all of yous.

Much better to wait until they're dead and then stare at them is it, corpse watcher?

And I don't even think my mum knows any of the other DL'ers, so it's probably just me she's ashamed of. :)

With eight errors in two sentences, surely you don't expect anyone to take you seriously?

These words to a grammar king are worth the scraps left from his lunch.

• Like 1