Sign in to follow this  
Davey Jones' Locker

Australian Deathpool

I just found this one. It is a deathpool on an Australian football forum. Competitors have 20 picks each. Rules are a little more structured than DL's as each pick must at least have their own Wikipedia page as well as an obit in a major source:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-bigfooty-2016-death-list.1119005/

Neat, the Wikiepedia rule is exactly as I suggested here myself.

• Like 3

Neat, the Wikiepedia rule is exactly as I suggested here myself.

Do we have an equivalent of the "Prince George" rule?

The Wiki rule is a sensible one.Prince George rule I think is unethical.Any child should not be picked in a dead pool in my opinion.

• Like 3

Although the Wiki rule is good though I have never applied it any of the pools I run.The BBC obit rule in 20/20 and 50/50 is similar though.

The Wiki rule is a sensible one.Prince George rule I think is unethical.Any child should not be picked in a dead pool in my opinion.

I strongly agree. I interpreted the rule to be that people were apparently picking Prince George before he was even born or very young on the chance that he would be stillborn or die from SIDS or whatever during his first year. Their rule states that the person must be one year old. Perhaps we need a rule that clearly states the candidate must be at least 18 or 21 or whatever people feel is an appropriate age.

I strongly agree. I interpreted the rule to be that people were apparently picking Prince George before he was even born or very young on the chance that he would be stillborn or die from SIDS or whatever during his first year. Their rule states that the person must be one year old. Perhaps we need a rule that clearly states the candidate must be at least 18 or 21 or whatever people feel is an appropriate age.

When I launched Death by Numbers last year I originally set the bar at 199 which could include 15 year olds but some people suggested I higher it and I was fine with that and over time kind of think 18 is a better age.I also really wanted to do a spin off from Death by Numbers where everyone picks a notable individual from each year from 1901 to 1999 with 1 point for a 1901 death and 99 for a 199 death etc but I kinda think asking people to pick under 18 year olds is slightly questionable.If they are 16 or 17 I could contemplate it but it is a grey area but certainly young children no way.George Lineker being picked by DL in 1996 was way too far for my liking.I already have 3 deadpools to oversee on here so wouldn`t inflict another on you all however tempting it is.May pitch it on the Death by Numbers thread :P

The Prince George rule is unethical.

The wiki rule is unfair. Some people are genuinely noteworthy without having a wiki page.

The DDP has the minimum age rule, which is good. It can be depressing enough seeing 20 year old terminal mums or whoever it is picked, let alone the concept of the arms races moving to terminally ill toddlers.

Not even Donald Trump?

Can't help but notice one team on that site picked Lucille Ball. They definitely have some splainin to do.

Can't help but notice one team on that site picked Lucille Ball. They definitely have some splainin to do.

Plenty of 'em still alive.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPb1OMTZ0Q

P.S. Paul, when are we gonna get this fixed?