Spade_Cooley

Death, Italian Style

On 28/04/2024 at 21:00, drol said:

TV presenter Franco di Mare, 68, suffering from terminal mesothelioma.

Has no English wiki page, but very famous in Italy, at least until some time ago.

Franco di Mare dead at 68.

I should have included him in my Deathlist Cup team...

• Like 4

On 17/01/2024 at 16:48, drol said:

Rumours that Fedez has been hospitalised again.

Fedez hospitalised again.

On 06/12/2023 at 11:16, Book said:

@Mercarte

Your deathlist could be at 18 hits if you had also concidered the death of your No. 4 pick Wanda Półtawska on 24.10.2023.

http://dpseggi.altervista.org/DeathList/X2023.html

@Mercarte You seem to have not acknowledged Dabney Coleman's death on the 16th of last month on your list this year, which would take it to four hits. I just thought I would let you know. 

• Like 2

Luciano Acquarone was born in Imperia and died at the age of 93 in the same place, known for his numerous world records in long-distance running in master athletics set over a period of 43 years, between 1972 and 2015, in categories M40 to M85.

https://www.imperiapost.it/692501/imperia-addio-a-luciano-acquarone-storico-campione-di-corsa-master-morto-a-93-anni-simbolo-dellatletica-imperiese-ancora-detentore-di-record-il-ricordo#google_vignette

220px-Luciano_Acquarone.jpg

• Shocked 1

Damn! Now that's what I call an A-lister! He would have completely overshadowed Chomsky's death had it really happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/06/2024 at 12:43, Summer in Transylvania said:

@Mercarte You seem to have not acknowledged Dabney Coleman's death on the 16th of last month on your list this year, which would take it to four hits. I just thought I would let you know. 

Thank you!
Such a flat period made me miss this news :dead:

• Thanks 1

Sergio Leone collaborator, actor and producer Claudio Mancini reportedly dead aged 96: https://www-repubblica-it.translate.goog/spettacoli/cinema/2024/06/29/news/claudio_mancini_morto_produttore_cinema-423331925/?_x_tr_sl=it&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Various uncredited roles, in particular Harmonica's brother in Once Upon A Time In The West. Associate producer on A Fistful Of Dynamite and executive producer on Once Upon A Time In America.

• Like 2

Italian actor Bruno Zanin (Wiki) who played Titta Biondi in Fellini film Amarcord (1973), dead at 73

Amarcord was nominated for Academy Award for Best International Feature Film.

image.thumb.png.964aa41d071a3e55ee89f7ffad1451e5.png

On 14/06/2023 at 21:29, drol said:

Emilio Fede looks awful while paying tribute to Silvio.

He has played the "I'm dying" card for years, but it's probably time to start to consider him seriously.

Emilio Fede currently hospitalised for routine check-ups, hoaxes about his death circulated this week in Italy. The man himself says he has never been better.

How is this creep still alive? Immortals list next year.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2024 at 19:00, drol said:

Emilio Fede currently hospitalised for routine check-ups, hoaxes about his death circulated this week in Italy. The man himself says he has never been better.

How is this creep still alive? Immortals list next year.

Emilio Fede has been living in a nursing home for months.

Italian actress Diletta D'Andrea (Wiki), also the widow of Italian famous actor Vittorio Grassmandead at 82

Vittorio also has been married to famous Hollywood and Academy Award winner actress Shelley Winters, actress Nora Ricci, and partner of French actress Juliette Mayniel

All dead!

Cult singer Luca Carboni has suffered from lung cancer since 2022, but seems now on the mend.

• Like 1

Luca Giurato, a huge cult name in Italy, suddenly dead at 84.

• Like 3

I'd like to spend some more words for Luca Giurato. He was a national icon, a cultural phenomenon. And not because he was particularly good; he was always mediocre at best. He rose to cult status thanks to his continuous malapropisms and involuntary comicity. He was a meme before everyone knew the word "meme".

Just to remember him, he once had in the studio the president of Italian deaf mute association. He introduced him, then said "Hear, in a few words, of course, can you speak about...."

• Like 3

On 24/11/2023 at 19:34, drol said:

Cult actress of the 80s Eleonora Giorgi diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, though it is operable.

Eleonora Giorgi now suffering from stage 4 pancreatic cancer .

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Top model Bianca Balti diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer.

Three foremost Italian celebrities turned 90 this month: Gino Paoli, Sophia Loren and Ornella Vanoni. All doing apparently very well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, drol said:

Three foremost Italian celebrities turned 90 this month: Gino Paoli, Sophia Loren and Ornella Vanoni. All doing apparently very well.

I sugested Ornella Vanoni a few Times over the year. L’appuntamento and Anche Se were two of my favs of her which I used to listen to on repeat when living in Italy for a year. I think She looked frail on her last appearances at San Remo and on Instagram but, as for Loren, it’s hard to tell with that much plastic surgery…

anyway, both of them will stay on my list for next year (considering I didn’t drop Ornella ? I’m not sur and my signature doesn’t show on my phone)