Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Britney Spears, Kerry Katona, Heather Locklear et al.

Guest Guest

The whole Britney saga is no longer amusing. She obviously has some deep problems and I hope for her children’s sake that she gets the help that she needs.

I think the DL owes it to itself to have at least one under 40 each season. Who out of the following would you vote for?

Britney Spears

Pete Doherty

Robbie Williams

Naomi Campbell

Pam Anderson (soon turns 40)

Nicole Richie

Jo from S Club

Paul Gascoigne (soon turns 40)

Johnny Borrell

Courtney Love is 42

others?

I do like that idea, makes for more excitement having an under 40 catagory, especially with the state Britney's in. I also like the fact you mainly chose A-listers and not the random Z listers that tend to bulk up the BB house, and the bring out your dead thread!!! I am sure some people just scan the obituaries to see if they can post something rather than have actually taken an interest in that person's life.

Maybe a small under 40/50's list to increase chances of a hit?

Guest Guest

I feel so sorry for her. I used to be a massive fan of hers when I was younger and saw her live at Wembley once so to see her end up like this is upsetting.

I feel so sorry for her. I used to be a massive fan of hers when I was younger and saw her live at Wembley once so to see her end up like this is upsetting.

it is upsetting, but also quite amusing

does anybody else think she looks a bit like Andre Agassi?

....obviously a mental, wide eyed Andre Agassi

.......wielding an umbrella rather than a tennis racket (racquet?)

............and attacking a car rather than a tennis ball

Ok, so the similarity isn't great.

Chimpanzees hunt with Spears!!

Unfortunately, when you open the story it turns out it means the type of weapon, rather than recruiting her to look for tea and digestives for one of their afternoon parties

You know, at first I thought this wasn't a serious possibility, but it's showing promise: Spears attempts suicide.

We've already gotten Anna Nicole Smith. If we can get Hilton, Spears, Love, Ritchie and Doherty with a combination of suicide and overdoses, I think we may have a bright future yet...

You know, at first I thought this wasn't a serious possibility, but it's showing promise: Spears attempts suicide.

True, but I hope not. I am in no way a fan of her, but I do feel that the press needs to give her a break and allow her to recover.

The press needs to give LOADS of people a break but so long as we keep buying the papers that won't happen. It's an old adage that the only difference between curiousity and voyeurism is which of the two words you'd apply to yourself.

The girl's in trouble, I've got sympathy obviously, just like I had for the tragic events in Ms Groves' life. But Britney is potential points and the WDP starts soon and, frankly, I'm bored waiting for some of my bankers - Biggs/Hughes/Castro/Messner - to cash in.

The press needs to give LOADS of people a break but so long as we keep buying the papers that won't happen. It's an old adage that the only difference between curiousity and voyeurism is which of the two words you'd apply to yourself.

The girl's in trouble, I've got sympathy obviously, just like I had for the tragic events in Ms Groves' life. But Britney is potential points and the WDP starts soon and, frankly, I'm bored waiting for some of my bankers - Biggs/Hughes/Castro/Messner - to cash in.

who's Hughes?

Lindsey Hughes, an academic who is currently studying ways to battle cancer of the liver. I was tipped about her impending demise last year and responded with wall to wall picking in deadpools, since when her continued hold on life has become an occasional posting topic.

Wiki page.

i see. i think i may have seen her name around somewhere... so how is the old girl? ive got my monthly transfer system to think about. if you're so sure, i could always bring her into play in April...

i see. i think i may have seen her name around somewhere... so how is the old girl? ive got my monthly transfer system to think about. if you're so sure, i could always bring her into play in April...

If we have another Anna Nicole Smith within the next month, and circumstances defeat the expected living odds, i'll be sure to know that we are at the worlds very end.

My sources don't extend to the inside of her house, she's very ill but I wouldn't want to put money on April.

True, but I hope not. I am in no way a fan of her, but I do feel that the press needs to give her a break and allow her to recover.

She thrives off attention for years and years and all of the sudden it's coming back to bit her in the ass when she's having a real problem? It doesn't work that way, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Once you use, nay, abuse society to put yourself in the public eye, you can't just take it back whenever you'd like. This is the life she's chosen, it's not like she didn't know what she was getting into. The celebrity is well-documented.

Britney Spears produces nothing of value to society, aside from the occasionally tolerable pop hit, which puts her slightly above Anna Nicole Smith. While I have no particular grudge against her to see her die, I'm not going to be terribly sad either. When she starts using her money and fame to improve the lives of others or the well-being of society, then I'll be impressed. Very few people are in a position to do that sort of thing. I may not be increasing the overall welfare of society (yet) but I lack the excess resources to do so. Britney Spears has no excuse. Most celebrities do at least a token gesture, which is something.

Britney Spears produces nothing of value to society

So, you've written off the chance that either of her kids will do anything of value, not to mention the tonnage of taxes she pays even after her accountant has helped her avoid a few million dollars worth, oh yeah, and she owns thousands of acres of forest. I doubt she cares much for it other than its tax avoidance benefits, but she's doing some environmental good even so.

I'm with you on her records, mind. Christina Aguilera leaves her standing.

Britney Spears produces nothing of value to society, aside from the occasionally tolerable pop hit, which puts her slightly above Anna Nicole Smith. While I have no particular grudge against her to see her die, I'm not going to be terribly sad either. When she starts using her money and fame to improve the lives of others or the well-being of society, then I'll be impressed. Very few people are in a position to do that sort of thing. I may not be increasing the overall welfare of society (yet) but I lack the excess resources to do so. Britney Spears has no excuse. Most celebrities do at least a token gesture, which is something.

Atleast Anna had a Reality TV show that was insane and provided entertainment to society. I look down upon those people who call themselves singers and who can't write their own songs. I see it as pathetic, all this girl ever had is her looks, and now in a few years I wouldn't doubt that she looks like a single ragged cloths moma with two kids at her knees. She choose her lifestyle, and now she can live with it.

Britney Spears produces nothing of value to society

So, you've written off the chance that either of her kids will do anything of value, not to mention the tonnage of taxes she pays even after her accountant has helped her avoid a few million dollars worth, oh yeah, and she owns thousands of acres of forest. I doubt she cares much for it other than its tax avoidance benefits, but she's doing some environmental good even so.

I'm with you on her records, mind. Christina Aguilera leaves her standing.

Humans act as individuals. If her children do things of value, power to them. Playing around with taxes is tricky... is it more worth it if instead of millions of dollars going to Britney Spears, of which she pays substantial taxes, hundreds of other people have an income of $30,000, which is tax free? And as you said, the rich have more means of avoiding those taxes in any case.

As for thousands of acres of forest, I suppose that's something. I have some personal analogies, but they are imperfect at best. Relative to her available resources though, she's not doing much. Having those resources redistributed to people who might actually take advantage of their gift, even say, her children.

Harsh CP, harsh but - arguably - fair.

I look down upon those people who call themselves singers and who can't write their own songs.
What should they call themselves then? :)

Guest Guest
...Having those resources redistributed to people who might actually take advantage of their gift, even say, her children.

Careful - you'll get the anti-communist squid haters in this thread with comments like that ;-)

I look down upon those people who call themselves singers and who can't write their own songs.

Yeah, Banshees... Talentless hacks, eh?

sinatra1.jpg

aretha_franklin.jpg

Elvis%20Presley%20LP.jpg

And Otis Redding, in fact pretty much everyone who mattered at Motown as well bar Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye.

• Like 1