Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
msc

Werner Herzog

Recommended Posts

On 04/05/2019 at 17:16, gcreptile said:

Article on (prospective future deathlist member) Werner Herzog's interviews with Mikhail Gorbachev.

 

I agree. Lets give him a thread. Werner Herzog. Probably the most famous non-US/UK director living*, 77 next month, and given his walking talking meme status, he's bound to provide lots of entertaining updates before his demise. Like that time he got shot during an interview but carried on. Or the time he went down the Amazon and was nearly killed by his own team. Or the time he was President of the United Sta... sorry, that one was Teddy Roosevelt.

 

*I particularly like Incident at Loch Ness, but the joke in that works best if you've seen some of his other stuff. And if you are about to go "Who?" go and get some culture in you FFS.

 

Today's Werner Herzog news? He's in the new Star Wars film. Of course he is.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was one of his films that Ian Curtis watched before topping himself, IIRR.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, msc said:

 

I agree. Lets give him a thread. Werner Herzog. Probably the most famous non-US/UK director living*, 77 next month, and given his walking talking meme status, he's bound to provide lots of entertaining updates before his demise. Like that time he got shot during an interview but carried on. Or the time he went down the Amazon and was nearly killed by his own team. Or the time he was President of the United Sta... sorry, that one was Teddy Roosevelt.

 

Wasn't it Klaus Kinski who was offered to be killed by the Natives during the filming of Fitzcarraldo? But Herzog declined because he needed the actor to complete the filming.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I approve!

Sadly, I know more stories about him than I've watched his movies.

 

I've liked his penguin documentary though, and his part in a Rick and Morty episode.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Book said:

 

Wasn't it Klaus Kinski who was offered to be killed by the Natives during the filming of Fitzcarraldo? But Herzog declined because he needed the actor to complete the filming.

 

Yes, that is true (I was mixing stories to make the Roosevelt gag!) - iirc Herzog was tempted at one point!

 

Herzog later released My Best Fiend about working with Kinski.

 

He also once bet a fellow director that if they finished a difficult documentary, he would eat his own shoe. They did, and so did he, on stage at the premiere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Yes, I approve!

Sadly, I know more stories about him than I've watched his movies.

 

I've liked his penguin documentary though, and his part in a Rick and Morty episode.

 

I approve too. The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser is one of my favourite films. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use