Paul Bearer

UK election. You voted for?

I voted Labour on a tactical basis, but you could stick a blue rosette on a pig where I live and it would get in. In my midlands constituency the Tory share went up 3 per cent , the liberals bagged 2 , the greens 1 whilst labour lost 6. 

I think the Lib Dems should pack it in as all they do is to split the anti Tory vote. If they are consigned to the bin we might have a stronger opposition.

the current system is flawed though. The Tory share of the vote went up by 1.2 per cent yet they romped home.

their pact with the brexit party was the deciding factor. They didn’t win the election, everyone else fucked it up. Bloody idiots!

• Like 1

Conservative

1st time ever. Couldn't vote for our Labour MP bloody idiot he is, but he survived thanks to the student vote.

I couldn’t vote, I live in the U.S.

1 hour ago, Cant Wait said:

I couldn’t vote, I live in the U.S.

Less than eleven months to go.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2019 at 09:28, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Lib dem. Tactically last time, this time in fairness on her own merits. Think if you have a fiver to waste, she (Layla Moran) might be a good long shot for the next leader.

Morning after election (when I posted above)  50-1 10th favourite (in a field of only 12 MPs), a week later 5-2 2nd favourite. (And bearing in mind this is a pretty 'woke' party, someone who is (a) female (b) of Palestinian descent and (c) has overcome mental health problems has to be a good shout).

if only I was as good at tipping people to snuff it.....

• Haha 1

On 15/12/2019 at 19:18, Kinnock said:

Nostradamus hyper negative prediction.

Early 2020 - Membership elect Rebecca Long Bailey

Early 2023  - Rebecca Long-Bailey resigns or is voted out

Early 2023 - Membership elect Richard Burgon

May 2024 - Labour run a disastrous leadership election get circ 150 seats of 600

May 2024 - Richard Burgon resigns

September 2024 - Membership elect Kier Starmer

Around 2026 - Far Left Split off to form 'Momentum Party' led by Rayner

Around 2027 - Lib Dems join back into Labour and form  a 'Social Democratic Labour Party' now the far left have left have gone

May 2029 - Conservatives win a majority but combined 'Momentum' and SDLP vote share is more than the Tory vote.  (although overall seats up to circal 210-220 of 600)

September 2029 - Dan Jarvis elected as SDLP leader.

September 2029 - Laura Pidcock elected as Momentum leader

Around 2032 - Momentum and SDLP form an electoral alliance.

2033/2034 - Momentum and SDLP form a coalition government - possibly with SNP confidence (if they haven't left yet).

The Momentum/SDLP coalition remains in power until 2039 or 2044, after Scotland leaves the UK eradicating their confidence and we return to perma-Tory rule until we're all dead. 

It's almost a guarantee labour will split. Social momentum I think they'll call themselves or S&M for short. They'll whip the country into shape.

What you think long bailey will resign over? Takes a big scandal to resign less a year before an election.

20 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

It's almost a guarantee labour will split. Social momentum I think they'll call themselves or S&M for short. They'll whip the country into shape.

What you think long bailey will resign over? Takes a big scandal to resign less a year before an election.

I guarantee you she's got some serious financially questionable stuff the press could get hold of around that time and if not she'll be 'micced into saying we should deport black people' or something, the sun/mail and express will hold anything they have on her back to 2023 for maximum impact.

Bit late to this but I voted SNP. 

KEEP THE TORIES OUT OF SCOTLAND !

• Like 2