Prunella Scales is 91 today

Prunella Scales: 'I'll Battle Alzheimer's and Work Till I Drop'

• Like 2

Evaristo de Macedo was a football player and coach born in Rio de Janeiro 90 years ago, He is, until today, the only player to make a "Manita" (that is, to score five goals in the same match) with the shirt of the Selection Brazilian. This happened in 1957, in the South American Championship of that year, when Brazil thrashed Colombia by 9 to 0. He played for Madureira, Flamengo, Barcelona and Real Madrid, being one of the best Brazilian players of all time, also recognized as a one of the most awarded coaches in Brazilian football, he coached the Brazilian national team as well, he was Brazilian champion as a coach in 1988 for Bahia, and the Brazilian Cup in 97 for Grêmio

Evaristo de Macedo

Randy Couture turns 60, was born in Everett, Washington, is a 3-time UFC World Heavyweight Champion and 2-time UFC Light Heavyweight Champion,

150px-Randy_cropped.jpg

Ágatha Bednarczuk was born 50 years ago in Curitiba, is a Brazilian beach volleyball player who in 2011 was a bronze medalist at the Universiade in China and participated in editions of the World Championships in 2005, 2013 and 2015, being champion for the first time in 2015 edition, in which she was elected the best player of the competition. Also in 2015, she won bronze at the World Tour Finals in Fort Lauderdale and the title of the season on the World Tour. The following year, he became an Olympic medalist (silver)

220px-Brasileiras_levam_a_prata_no_v%C3%B4lei_de_praia_1038646-18.08.2016_ffz-4292.jpg

Bethe Correia was born in Campina Grande 40 years ago, is a former Brazilian MMA fighter. He fought professionally for nine years, eight of which in the UFC, where he even disputed the bantamweight belt, against the then champion Ronda Rousey. Bidding farewell to the sport at age 38, Bethe is one of the pioneers of women's MMA in and out of the UFC, helping to popularize the sport among women around the world.

A-tough-casualty-Bethe-Correia-out-of-UFC-Fight-Island.jpg

Loris Karius is a German footballer born 30 years ago in Biberach an der Riß, In the 2017–18 season of the UEFA Champions League, he managed to reach the final for Liverpool, in a game against Real Madrid, however, he failed to throw the ball after a save, throwing it at the foot of Benzema, who quickly scored the goal and when trying to catch a ball thrown from a long distance by Bale, deflecting it into the goal. This caused his team to lose 3-1, and due to these failures, Karius received several death threats via social media,
Days after the game, medical tests concluded that Karius suffered a cerebral concussion during the match, but before Real Madrid's goals, and that this may have affected his performance in the match. The brain injury would have been caused by a collision with Sergio Ramos in the first minutes of the second half, currently playing for Newcastle (ENG)

Loris Karius

Danny Ward is a Welsh footballer born in Wrexham 30 years ago, he played in the 2022 cup and played for the club in his city of the same name, Liverpool and is currently at Leicester.

Danny Ward

Kris Kristofferson is 87 today 

2018_Kris_Kristofferson_-_by_2eight_-_DSC5043_cropped.jpg

Meryl Streep is 74 today.

340px-Meryl_Streep_by_Jack_Mitchell.jpg

• Like 1

@diego why don't you try to be more short and precise with your messages for example from one above - Danny Ward, Welsh/Liverpool goalkeeper, 30 years old today and post a/their wiki link rather than us all having to scroll through what seems like a short story. Same when you want to say post a death (name, age at death and link to confirm) as like @Perhaps and @ulitzer I am starting to find your postings rather tedious. I don't want to put you on ignore as I know you mean well but I may have to reconsider in the future. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Steve, how do you « cite » users names in « bold » like that ? I was wondering 

Armen Sarkissian, the former President of Armenia from 2018 to 2022, is 70 today.

IMG_1517.jpeg.270bec64d439c92edbee6b9281379c83.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

Steve, how do you « cite » users names in « bold » like that ? I was wondering 

Just put the @ before the username

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Steve said:

@diego why don't you try to be more short and precise with your messages for example from one above - Danny Ward, Welsh/Liverpool goalkeeper, 30 years old today and post a/their wiki link rather than us all having to scroll through what seems like a short story. Same when you want to say post a death (name, age at death and link to confirm) as like @Perhaps and @ulitzer I am starting to find your postings rather tedious. I don't want to put you on ignore as I know you mean well but I may have to reconsider in the future. 

I put information about the person to try to explain their importance, the reason it was put here

@diegoimo, there's nothing wrong with adding information as you do (even iI do it, as do others), but what I would suggest is cutting down on the number of names per post, i.e. only one or two rather than 5 or 6; in the vast majority of cases, those you mention will have another birthday next year!

• Like 1

Albert Pintat turns 80, the Andorran native of Sant Julià de Lòria was Prime Minister of the country from 2005 to 2009

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Pintat

200px-A._Pintat.jpg

Armen Sarkissian, Armenian from Yerevan born 70 years ago, was president of his country from 2018 to 2022, was one of the co-creators of the 1991 Tetris spinoff game Wordtris

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armen_Sarkissian

200px-President_of_the_Republic_of_Armenia_Armen_Sarkissian_%28cropped%29.jpg

Astrid Carolina Herrera turns 60, the Venezuelan from Yaracuy was Miss World in 84

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrid_Carolina_Herrera

Astrid Carolina Herrera.  Miss Miranda 1984. Miss Mundo...

Eisuke Nakanishi, Japanese footballer from Suzuka, 50 years ago, played in the 1998 World Cup, for Yokohama Marinos and JEF United

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisuke_Nakanishi

573 fotos de Eisuke Nakanishi e fotos premium de alta resolução...

Lee Min-sung South Korean footballer born in Gwangmyeong, 50 years old, he played in the 98 and 02 cups

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Min-sung

1.240 fotos de stock e banco de imagens de Lee Min Sung ...

Isaac Terrazas Mexican footballer, played in the 1998 World Cup

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Terrazas

image.jpeg.a3526b24258844737ae3f9ac2840bc31.jpeg

José Manuel Rojas, Chilean footballer from Talagante was born 40 years ago, played for Independiente (ARG), Universidad de Chile, and played in the 2014 World Cup

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Manuel_Rojas

Se despide un ídolo azul: José Rojas se retiró del fútbol profesional

Thomas Partey 30 years old Ghanaian footballer born in Odumase Krobo played the 2022 cup, played for Almeria, Atlético de Madrid, Mallorca (all from Spain) and is currently at Arsenal (ENG)

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Partey

Thomas Partey

27 minutes ago, time said:

@diegoimo, there's nothing wrong with adding information as you do (even iI do it, as do others), but what I would suggest is cutting down on the number of names per post, i.e. only one or two rather than 5 or 6; in the vast majority of cases, those you mention will have another birthday next year!

It's just that next year I'll put other names

3 minutes ago, diego said:

It's just that next year I'll put other names

another suggestion - don't.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

British actress Sally Geeson, most famous for being Sid James' on screen daughter in Bless This House/William G. Stewart's ex/Judy's sister, is 73 today.

Another Lost Weekend (1972)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diego said:

Eisuke Nakanishi, Japanese footballer from Suzuka, 50 years ago, played in the 1998 World Cup, for Yokohama Marinos and JEF United

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisuke_Nakanishi

573 fotos de Eisuke Nakanishi e fotos premium de alta resolução...

Lee Min-sung South Korean footballer born in Gwangmyeong, 50 years old, he played in the 98 and 02 cups

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Min-sung

1.240 fotos de stock e banco de imagens de Lee Min Sung ...

Isaac Terrazas Mexican footballer, played in the 1998 World Cup

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Terrazas

image.jpeg.a3526b24258844737ae3f9ac2840bc31.jpeg

José Manuel Rojas, Chilean footballer from Talagante was born 40 years ago, played for Independiente (ARG), Universidad de Chile, and played in the 2014 World Cup

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Manuel_Rojas

Se despide un ídolo azul: José Rojas se retiró del fútbol profesional

Thomas Partey 30 years old Ghanaian footballer born in Odumase Krobo played the 2022 cup, played for Almeria, Atlético de Madrid, Mallorca (all from Spain) and is currently at Arsenal (ENG)

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Partey

Thomas Partey

do you watch a lot of football/soccer?

I watch tennis so those are the birthdays I notice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lilham said:

do you watch a lot of football/soccer?

I watch tennis so those are the birthdays I notice. 

I love watching sports, I watch any sport that's on TV, football is one of my favorites, but I'm always following other sports too

• Like 1

Martti Ahtisaari, the 10th President of Finland, is 86 today.

440px-Martti_Ahtisaari_2012-04-16.jpg

Clarence Thomas is 75 today.

440px-Clarence_Thomas_official_SCOTUS_portrait.jpg

• Like 2

British singer Arthur Brown is 81 today. Known especially for this number you might be familiar with

• Like 5

William Moerner, 70 years old, born in Pleasanton, California, is an American physicist and chemist. On October 8, 2014 he was awarded, together with Eric Betzig and Stefan Hell, the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the development of high-definition fluorescence microscopy.

William Moerner – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre (wikipedia.org)

200px-WE_Moerner.jpg

Barbara Underhill, 60 years old, is a Canadian figure skater from Port Elgin, Ontario, who won a gold medal and a bronze medal at world championships with Paul Martini. Underhill and Martini also competed at the 1980 and 1984 Winter Olympics

Barbara Underhill – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre (wikipedia.org)

170px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1983-0329-027%2C_Barbara_Underhill%2C_Paul_Martini.jpg

Predrag Radosavljević turns 60, was born in Belgrade (SER), but became a naturalized American, played in the 1998 football world cup, he is better known as Preki, played for Portsmouth (ENG), is currently assistant coach at Seatlle

PREKI.jpg

Hasanboy Dusmatov is an Uzbek boxer who won the light flyweight gold medal at the 2016 Olympics, he turns 30

150px-Hasanboy_Dusmatov_2017_stamp_of_Uzbekistan.jpg

Gautam Adani is 61 today.

Gautam_Adani.jpg

• Like 1

English former football player Jamie Redknapp is 50 today

IMG_1534.jpeg.12a23fe2224626324dac732b8190050f.jpeg

• Like 1

June Lockhart (of Lost in Space and Lassie fame) is 98.

image.jpeg.bb96add358707738137a3cb563ad7dc7.jpegimage.jpeg.1c7cb9d0627dc0c60551ffd29140896e.jpeg

• Like 2

American civil rights activist James Meredith, who was the first African-American to attend the University of Mississippi, is 90 today.

Photo credit: Darrell Blakely pre Creative Commons license

James_Meredith_Portrait.png

• Like 1

Álvaro Siza Vieira is a Portuguese architect born in Matozinhos 90 years ago, he is the most awarded Portuguese architect ever won the Pritzker Prize in 1992

200px-Siza_Vieira_na_Exponor.JPG

Ilse Kaschube was a German canoeist from Altentreptow, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania 70 years ago, who won the Silver medal in K-2 500 m in Munich 1972

9801.jpg

Yann Martel is a writer born in Salamanca (ESP) 60 years ago, known for being the author of the award-winning book Life of Pi, winner of the Man Booker Prize in 2002

200px-Yann_martel_2007-10-25_Seattle_WA_USA.jpg

Thierry Marie was a French cyclist from Bénouville (Calvados) born 60 years ago, he represented France at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, where he finished sixth in the 100 km team time trial race.

Thierry MARIE.jpg

Nuno Resende is a Portuguese singer born in Porto 50 years ago. In 1998, musician Alec Mansion created a group that Nuno was part of: La Teuf. In 2000, the group participates in the Belgian selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2000 with the title Soldat de l'amour, having been eliminated in the final, and disbanded in the same year.

In 2005 participates in Eurovision representing Belgium with the song "Le grand soir"

Marcelo Ramos was born in Salvador 50 years ago, he was a Brazilian footballer who stood out because he scored 457 goals in his career, having a prominent position among the greatest Brazilian scorers, he played for Cruzeiro, São Paulo, Palmeiras, Bahia, Vitória among many others clubs

Marcelo Ramos