Singer April Stevens is 93 today. Her 1959 single Teach Me Tiger was banned by several stations for it's suggestiveness, one of the first releases to achieve that, which probably contributed to it only reaching number 86 on the Billboard chart. It's since featured in several films and TV, including Call the Midwife.

Her biggest success was as part of a duet with her brother Antonio, performing as Nino Tempo & April Stevens, who reached number 1 on the Billboard chart in 1963 Deep Purple, which received a Grammy for best Rock & Roll record.

• Like 5

American actress and Academy Award nominee Uma Thurman is 52 today

undefined

Nora Dunn is 70 today

Leslie Jordan is 67 today

undefined        undefined

• Like 1

Critically acclaimed  Danish film director  Lars  Von Trier  whose notable  films incude Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, turns 66 today.  :birthday:

image.png.1c0bfde304a40f93150699fa7ede2151.png

King Carl XVI Gustaf  , otherwise known as the King of Sweden,  celebrates his 76th  birthday today. :birthday:

He was  crowned in 1973. image.png.113a6eedcb83e4a7a14702723e53bcd5.png

• Like 2

Song Ping, retired high-ranking Chinese politician, former member of the Politburo Standing Committee of the CCP, mentor of former Chinese leaders Hu Jintao and Wen Jiabao and the last living member of the Second Generation of Chinese leadership is 105 today.

91ad02841a724ea6bcbf5ccecca0b59f__01.png.dc28d827ee012651727c7a668f8ed8b1.png

• Like 1

Antonio Guterres, current Secretary-General of the UN, is 73.

U.N. Secretary-General Guterres Wades Into Diplomatic Role in  Ukraine-Russia War

• Like 1

Travis Scott is 31 today

14C7CAF1-4181-4059-96F5-5149AA7E25C0.jpeg

Lil Tjay is 21 today

73DA8303-0A10-4025-BDE3-63672E5850C7.jpeg

Gal Gadot is 37 today

BECDE778-6C5B-4CFD-91E7-90F5C0DEC5AE.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hell said:

Gal Gadot is 37 today

BECDE778-6C5B-4CFD-91E7-90F5C0DEC5AE.jpeg

I love her especially on Death on the Nile and Wonder Woman

• Like 1

Kirsten Dunst is 40 today

undefined

• Like 1

Academy Award winner Jane Campion is 68 today

Jane Campion Apologizes for Comment About Venus and Serena Williams - The  New York Times

• Like 2

Dianna Agron is 36 today

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrCiPAKVQqkCObT5Tb0kGjrParkXl5BMSFiNYmXh33xeL4jDQU

• Like 1

Former sports presenter Dickie Davies is 89 today.

• Like 3

British  actor Jamie Dornan,  most famous  for  playing the lead role of Christian Grey in the  erotic Fifty Shades  film trilogy , turns 40 today.

Other acting credits include  the 2006 film Marie  Antoniette,  Beyond the rave  and Belfast,  as well as television series  such as The Fall and The  Tourist. 

:birthday:image.thumb.png.60642a6cbcc2464eeb579b9acf76da8c.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

British  actor Jamie Dornan,  most famous  for  playing the lead role of Christian Grey in the  erotic Fifty Shades  film trilogy , turns 40 today.

Other acting credits include  the 2006 film Marie  Antoniette,  Beyond the rave  and Belfast,  as well as television series  such as The Fall and The  Tourist.

He does absolutely nothing for me.  Such cold, stony eyes.  Very convincing as a bad guy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Toast said:

He does absolutely nothing for me.  Such cold, stony eyes.  Very convincing as a bad guy.

Oh I don't think he's a stellar  actor but I would consider allowing him the privilege of getting into my bed once just to pass some time until  one of my favourites became  available...

22 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh I don't think he's a stellar  actor but I would consider allowing him the privilege of getting into my bed once just to pass some time until  one of my favourites became  available...

I thought he was brilliant in The Fall.  Really chilling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I thought he was brilliant in The Fall.  Really chilling.

My main experience of him is in Fifty shades...

Danish swimmer who won a gold and a silver medal in 100 m freestyle events at the 1948 Summer Olympics, Greta Andersen (Wiki) is 95 today

After Nazi Occupation, Greta Andersen Won Gold For Denmark | Only A Game

• Like 1

Dame Joanna Lumley is 76 today

undefined

• Like 1

American county music singer and actor Tim McGraw is 55 today

undefined

• Like 1

Rita Coolidge is 77 today. Chiefly known a recording artist she also wrote, but was never credited with, the coda of Layla, which later also appeared on a recording by her sister Priscilla & her husband Booker T. Jones (yes, that Booker T.) as Time (no relation). Earlier she had collaborated on the composition of Superstar (with Delany & Bonnie and Leon Russell), later a hit by The Carpenters, but also received no credit.

She had relationships with both Stephen Stills and Graham Nash, leaving the former for the latter, which, it is alleged, triggered the break-up of CSN&Y. She had a volatile marriage to Kris Kristofferson, for 7 years, until they divorced.

She was in a relationship with Jim Gordon of Derek & the Dominoes, when he physically assaulted her, causing her never to speak to him again (he was diagnosed schizophrenic and later was convicted of murdering his mother). In 2014, sister Priscilla would be murdered by her husband (not Booker T, they divorced in 79) in a murder/suicide - she had to arrange his funeral and his ashes of the murderer were delivered to her to take care of, as his family wanted nothing to do with him.

Italian fashion designer  and  former head of the Versace fashion house after the murder of her brother  Gianni Versace in 1997, Donatella Versace  celebrates her 67th birthday today. :birthday:

image.thumb.png.03a15f6d7ddede21f61477d2d63c8416.png

David Beckham  turns 47 today :birthday:image.png.a0be3b56a44d38da2be2684d29b3939f.png

• Like 3

Dwayne Johnson is 50 today

60E6E135-D562-4612-8E6D-B37D543D594F.jpeg

• Like 3

Engelbert Humperdinck is 86.

Engelbert Humperdinck Tickets, 2022 Concert Tour Dates | Ticketmaster

Here's a South Park quote regarding him:

YARN | Engelbert Humperdinck was the first man on the moon. Who was the  second? | South Park (1997) - S01E08 Comedy | Video clips by quotes |  a14382b3 | 紗

• Like 2