Éricles Souza

Mahathir Mohamad

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Are you clickbaiting us?

"Elective medical procedure" is planned/routine surgery, not a "hospitalisation" in the sense of how we understand that word i.e. has had a heart attack or stroke etc.

Yep.

• Like 1

Discharged. This article mentions more stuff about his heart problems: he's had three heart attacks (first in 1989 + bypass operation, two in 2006), and that he underwent a quadruple bypass in 2007 (and was in ICU for a month) and regularly seeks treatment at that hospital. 

Hospitalised.

And this time it does not seem planned, @Ulitzer95.

• Sad 1

Doesn’t help that the Malaysian media keep killing him off in tweets then deleting them. 

Useless fact about Mahathir Mohamad – he is one of just 4 living people who attended Lady Thatcher’s funeral who were born before her.

The other three are Baroness Jill Knight, Henry Kissinger and Lord Henry Plumb.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Doesn’t help that the Malaysian media keep killing him off in tweets then deleting them. 

Useless fact about Mahathir Mohamad – he is one of just 4 living people who attended Lady Thatcher’s funeral who were born before her.

The other three are Baroness Jill Knight, Henry Kissinger and Lord Henry Plumb.

I wonder how many people born before her attended and have died since. I can only think of the Duke of Edinburgh for certain. . 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

I wonder how many people born before her attended and have died since. I can only think of the Duke of Edinburgh for certain? 

Knock yourself out.

Bonus points if you can put together a list of all attendees who have since died, and all those over 80!

Should keep you busy :P

It seems very serious.

Strait Times has just denied his death, adding he was visited by his family.

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Knock yourself out.

Bonus points if you can put together a list of all attendees who have since died, and all those over 80!

Should keep you busy :P

I spotted Lord Bramall, Lord Carrington, Jimmy Young, Baroness Trumpington, Donald Sinden. Bound to be more.

Plenty more dead but they were nearly all born before her.

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I spotted Lord Bramall, Lord Carrington, Jimmy Young, Baroness Trumpington, Donald Sinden. Bound to be more.

Plenty more dead but they were nearly all born before her.

June Whitfield, Terry Wogan, Lord Armstrong, Sir David Frost, Hugh Scully, etc. etc. There must be at least 50 deceased.

It's the people who didn't live to see Thatcher dead I feel sorry for. :P

My poor old mum died a month before her.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

June Whitfield, Terry Wogan, Lord Armstrong, Sir David Frost, Hugh Scully, etc. etc. There must be at least 50 deceased.

Some others include Cecil Parkinson, Brian Mawhinney, Lady Tebbit, Paddy Ashdown, David Amess, James Brokenshire, Gillian Clarke (Ken’s wife), F W De Klerk, Cheryl Gillian, Jeremy Haywood, Toby Jessel, Shirley Williams, 

And a few others on the clock alongside Mahathir like  Frank Field, Douglas Hurd, Norman Tebbit and King Constantine. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, drol said:

It seems very serious.

Strait Times has just denied his death, adding he was visited by his family.

Even if he survives this, I don't think he'll have long and the frequent hospitalisations will probably continue. He's almost 97 with a long history of heart issues and seems like his heart is now really running out of time.

Another useless fact about him: In 1994 he banned Schindler's List, calling it "anti-German, pro-Jewish propaganda"

Seems like he also believes in the NWO conspiracy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

he now looks his age, went way downhill though, assuming he didnt color his hair grey before.

Out of CCU and recovering fast.

Who's laughing now, @Ulitzer95?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drol said:

Out of CCU and recovering fast.

Who's laughing now, @Ulitzer95?

Nobody yet, but you said you thought he would last for quote "years". I don't.

Discharged, but still going to hospital every evening for treatment.

• Like 1

Statement from him today. Still pretty fit but has visibly declined since that hospital stay, or maybe its just him being tired.

• Like 1

Completely discharged.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysias-mahathir-takes-lakeside-stroll-after-recovering-from-severe-illness

Out and about, takes a lakeside stroll with his wife. Both look really good for their ages (Mahathir's 96, Siti Hasmah 95)

Says that he did not expect to recover from that illness because it was "very severe" and still hasn't completely recovered.

Hands over party leadership to his youngest son, won't be campaigning on doctor's orders.

However he walks without a stick and has even gone cycling.

Mahathir Mohamad's party fails to get a seat in the Johor State Legislative Assembly. He has accused the winning party of corruption and electoral fraud. He survived that January hospitalisation but has lived long enough to see his political career die. 

• Like 1