honez

Clive James

Watched Clive James being interviewed on "Enough Rope" (the only decent chat show on Australian telly) the other week. He gives himself another ten years. So pencil him in for 2015. You heard it here first... ;)

• Like 1

Writer, broadcaster and professional Australian, Clive James is in poor health.

James wrote back saying he was hospitalised in January 2010 for kidney failure. I was immediately diagnosed for everything else as well, including several lung diseases and a version of leukemia that is supposed to develop slowly but in my case couldn't wait to get started, mainly in my lungs.

Clive James suffering from Leukaemia for last 15 months and is in Addenbrooks Hospital

• Like 1

As stated elsewhere, he's on the clock, he's been discussed elsewhere on the forum and presumably he'll be doing his dying in public so let's give him a thread and laugh at those silly yellow-skinned folk with their stupid TV shows in tribute to him.

Mods, do the favour and move the relevant posts o'er here.

If not already mentioned...Clive James thinks he's terminal.

http://www.metro.co....tle-with-cancer

That's sad news. I was googling him yesterday morning to see if there was any update in his health.

Hmmm - been on the clock for a while too - when you look at some of the people who made the list this year without any known ailments he's a bit of a bad miss. :banghead:

From the interview it doesn't sound like he's got another 6 months in him to make next year.

Reading the article, he's almost lost the will to live now. So he's just counting the days.

I was surprised that Vidal Sassoon didn't make it on the list either.

Although when I stuck him on my local dead pool I thought it was a bit of a gamble as the news was so quiet on him.

Lets hope he's counting to 195! (starting from today) ;)

Does "Clive James on IV" even work as a pun? I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Dara O'Briain has retweeted a tweet from someone saying that Clive James has said (via his agent) that the story (i.e. the idea that he's at death's door) is "bollocks"

That sounds horribly convoluted but basically Clive James has said the idea that he's at death's door is "bollocks"

Of course Clive James won't die - he's on my personal DDP team so has been granted eternal life... :rolleyes:

Of course Clive James won't die - he's on my personal DDP team so has been granted eternal life... :rolleyes:

That doesn't seem to have worked out too well for Robin Gibb, Etta James or Abdelbaset Al Megrahi?? :D

• Like 1

That doesn't seem to have worked out too well for Robin Gibb, Etta James or Abdelbaset Al Megrahi?? :D

It took long enough for Megrahi to finally shuffle off this mortal coil. Robin Gibb took longer than most of us thought too. And look at Zsa Zsa - she's still hanging on.

Being on my DDP list definitely grants people, if not eternal life as even the Queen Mum (Gawd Bless 'er) and the Pope eventually died, then certainly an extra couple of months.

I'm well invested in Clive too but mainly because i know him to be a very nice chap. I'll be sad to see him die, cus for a busy guy he had a load of grace to take a moment of his time to say a few words of thanks after I told him I liked so much of his TV work.

It will be a sad day for me when he dies but I'll hope to hold that nice memory of our meeting dear for many years to come.

Guest Guest

Clive James' cancer is in remission. a bad pick by the dl. Peter Falk wouldve been better. He has something, not sure what

Can always hope that his "recovery" is like that of Waddell's

But that was bloody quick considering he said he was on the way out 6 months ago

Clive James' cancer is in remission. a bad pick by the dl. Peter Falk wouldve been better. He has something, not sure what

I think the chances of Clive James popping off in 2013 are slightly better than Peter Falk. That "something" is probably rigor mortis seeing as he died 18 months ago!

• Like 1

There have been no updates on his health since about June to my knowledge, when he himself stated he was 'near the end'. And he has been suffering multiple health problems for several years now

In any case, I doubt they'll be booking him for Strictly Come Dancing anytime soon