Joey Russ

The 6th Crowdsource Deathlist (2021 edition)

Oh trust me, I’m waiting for Prince Philip or Jimmy Carter to die in the last 48 hours so I have to replace 800+ points in the end...

• Like 2

Alex Sabella was also picked here too. Fortunately he only had 11 points when he died. 

It feels like I’m receiving less lists than usual. Indeed, some folk who submitted last year has yet to submit. But I suppose it’s just that time of period where you don’t really receive lists at all (and I think people are waiting in case of big deaths happen too)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

It feels like I’m receiving less lists than usual.

1452834059_fewergif.gif.babcd162a8ec4e7bc833827510bc15a4.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

It feels like I’m receiving less lists than usual. Indeed, some folk who submitted last year has yet to submit. But I suppose it’s just that time of period where you don’t really receive lists at all (and I think people are waiting in case of big deaths happen too)

You should have received my list in the last hour so that is another you can cross  off the list of absentees!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Mine will come in a couple of weeks time.

• Like 1

93 points was the score for Barbara Windsor when she died. Yep, it’s one of those years...

• Like 1

Just for context there were 10 DNS names in the 2019 crowdsource entry period. 2019 only had half of that total number. As of today, there are 7 DNS names. And it's only December 10th...

Just a request, if you’re one of the folk who only sent me in 3 subs, can you please send in a few more. I imagine this will be a common theme this month with me having to replace more names for crowdsourced list...

A few mid month lists came in, and I got to say this might be the most open crowdsource list period yet. Indeed, it’s very hard to tell what the final outcome for many names will be. Apart from the top two that is. They seem to runaway winners for the crowdsource list, which means I expect at least one of them to die before the starting line. But yeah, a few names back in contention after lagging behind in the early vote, while a few early vote names seem to have stagnated somewhat. But as they say, it ain’t over until it’s over...

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure what this means;

10. To keep to the Deathlist spirit, only the top 25 ranked celebrites from the current list of Crowdsourced Deathlist 2020 survivors will be used: Alex Trebek, Prince Philip, Jimmy Carter, Bob Dole, Mikhail Gorbachev, George Alagiah, David Gulpilil, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Beverly Cleary, Betty White, Henry Kissinger, Leslie Phillips, Bob Barker, Glynis Johns, Larry King, Rosalynn Carter, Sidney Poitier, Pope Benedict, Dilip Kumar, Tom Smith, Willie Nelson, Harry Reid, Lata Mangeshkar, Joanne Woodward, Jimmy Greaves, Prunella Scales, Eva Marie Saint, Clarissa Eden, Desmond Tutu

I'm struggling to understand what you're getting at here. I have a list ready to go but this rule is confusing me.

Me being dim I guess. What do I have to do with them?

3 minutes ago, NotTheNagsHeadReading said:

I'm not quite sure what this means;

10. To keep to the Deathlist spirit, only the top 25 ranked celebrites from the current list of Crowdsourced Deathlist 2020 survivors will be used: Alex Trebek, Prince Philip, Jimmy Carter, Bob Dole, Mikhail Gorbachev, George Alagiah, David Gulpilil, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Beverly Cleary, Betty White, Henry Kissinger, Leslie Phillips, Bob Barker, Glynis Johns, Larry King, Rosalynn Carter, Sidney Poitier, Pope Benedict, Dilip Kumar, Tom Smith, Willie Nelson, Harry Reid, Lata Mangeshkar, Joanne Woodward, Jimmy Greaves, Prunella Scales, Eva Marie Saint, Clarissa Eden, Desmond Tutu

I'm struggling to understand what you're getting at here. I have a list ready to go but this rule is confusing me.

Me being dim I guess. What do I have to do with them?

Nothing. The Crowdsourced list copies the official Deathlist by only keeping 25 names from the year before, but if a 26th (and 27th and so on) make it onto the list, the host merely DQ's them and adds the 51st person to the list and so on.

Not anything you need to worry about yourself.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Nothing. The Crowdsourced list copies the official Deathlist by only keeping 25 names from the year before, but if a 26th (and 27th and so on) make it onto the list, the host merely DQ's them and adds the 51st person to the list and so on.

Not anything you need to worry about yourself.

Thank you!

Yeah, the DQ’s are something that need to be dealt by me when the time comes. Which can be stressful as I had to DQ 6 names from this years list due to the 25 rule, three of whom promptly died off the list. 

Somehow it’s already the 20th of December. Man, time really does fly by fast doesn’t it? Feck, time to prepare for the huge wave of last minute lists...

• Haha 1

Merry Christmas everyone. And man there’s already a week to go until the New Years too. Feck. 
Anyways, this next week is when the huge batch of lists are coming, and I encourage everyone to submit a list to the crowdsource list if they haven’t already. Don’t think you’d affect the final list? Well, remember two names who became hits for 2020. One was Sultan Qaboos, who got his first points on the 24th, and the other is John Lewis who’s points were entirely within the final 48 hours of the submission. So yeah, don’t think you won’t have an impact, cause you definitely will if you send a list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Merry Christmas everyone. And man there’s already a week to go until the New Years too. Feck. 
Anyways, this next week is when the huge batch of lists are coming, and I encourage everyone to submit a list to the crowdsource list if they haven’t already. Don’t think you’d affect the final list? Well, remember two names who became hits for 2020. One was Sultan Qaboos, who got his first points on the 24th, and the other is John Lewis who’s points were entirely within the final 48 hours of the submission. So yeah, don’t think you won’t have an impact, cause you definitely will if you send a list. 

Yes and also remember Rhonda Fleming who only just made it onto this years list and turned out to be a' hit.'

A name I long championed  by the way...hint  hint folks pick Julie Goodyear for 2021!

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Yes and also remember Rhonda Fleming who only just made it onto this years list and turned out to be a' hit.'

A name I long championed  by the way...hint  hint folks pick Julie Goodyear for 2021!

Well, unlike the two above she was already on a fair few lists at this point. :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I was was waiting for 1 name in particular to die before the starting line to fuck me over with the crowdsource entries. As it stands, it looks like they’ll see 2021... but in turn it was actually Pierre fucking Cardin of all people who screwed me over. Well on track to make his second appearance on the list with 277 points. Well, it could’ve been worse I guess. :banghead:

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

So I was was waiting for 1 name in particular to die before the starting line to fuck me over with the crowdsource entries. As it stands, it looks like they’ll see 2021... but in turn it was actually Pierre fucking Cardin of all people who screwed me over. Well on track to make his second appearance on the list with 277 points. Well, it could’ve been worse I guess. :banghead:

His points have been dealt with now. Hopefully he’s the largest amount of points I have to deal with, but this is 2020 we’re talking about so don’t take anything for granted...

• Like 1

About 32 hours or so to turn in your lists now. Remember the deadline for the crowdsource list is three hours before midnight in the UK, so keep that deadline in mind if you plan on submitting...

I also note there's some notable past submitters as well that hasn't submitted yet. So am definitely keeping an eye out for those folk...

Will enter tomorrow.Is there a time cut off?

Just now, Sean said:

Will enter tomorrow.Is there a time cut off?

Three hours before new years day UK time is the cut off

• Like 1

Dawn Wells was very wells picked in the crowdsource list for 2021. Nowhere close to contention mind, she only had 11 points. Still, it’s points to be spread down.